Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Australia

Unread 10-30-2007, 05:23 AM   #1
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Who reads the Cosplay.com Australian Edition?

Who?! Just curiously?

You see, I'm the editor for that section, and I've been very naughty and haven't updated it for the past 7 months... until tonight, because I got a request to. I was made the editor back when there wasn't such a big Australian presence on this site, so I'd never been overly-enthusiastic about it. However, I CAN be... if everyone here wants me to.

So, I was wondering... does anyone else bother to read it? And if so, what would you like to see mentioned? Like, I already mention cons, but would you also like me to promote meet-ups? I do have to follow cosplay.com's rules, so some things, like shops and stuff can't be advertised if they take sales away from cosworx, but I'm up for anything within the rules.
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-31-2007, 10:10 PM   #2
Jequila
Too busy

To be honest, I didn't know it existed ^^; I'll be checking it out from time to time now though.

As for things to add, meet-ups would definitely be a good thing. Stores that sell things that cosworx doesn't would also be nice, although maybe that would make a better thread for this Aussie sub-forum. I know I'm still on the lookout for FW artist ink to try that wig dying method. I found some at school, but the art teacher has no idea where they got it.
Jequila is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2007, 01:43 AM   #3
Melanie

Thanks for the suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jequila View Post
I know I'm still on the lookout for FW artist ink to try that wig dying method. I found some at school, but the art teacher has no idea where they got it.
You can get FW ink from certain Spotlight stores (the one in Morayfield has HEAPS!), and also Oxlades in Fortitude Valley (but it's a couple of dollars dearer).
Unread 11-01-2007, 12:52 PM   #4
Asha-Morgan
Knight of the Dark Glyphs

I read it every so often.
heh I had noticed it hadn't been updated in a while.

But yeah, Meetups would be cool...Maybe use it as a pre and post con report or something? *shrugs* its too early in the morning to think of much else right now.

Dr.Soup, Soup Nazi
Asha-Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2007, 06:51 PM   #5
Melanie

I would suck at writing con reports (mainly because I can't even remember this morning XD), but yeah, if anyone wants to write one, and send it over to me, I'd be more than happy to post it up.
Unread 11-02-2007, 04:38 AM   #6
Jequila
Too busy

Are you serious? Thanks so much! When I asked the people there, they didn't have a clue what it was.

Posting about the con and what you can expect to be there a couple of weeks before it starts could be handy. As well as providing info, it would be a good reminder. I actually have a friend that forgot to attend Supanova. She thought it was still a few months away
Jequila is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2007, 07:29 AM   #7
Melanie

Quote:
Are you serious? Thanks so much! When I asked the people there, they didn't have a clue what it was.
I don't think the staff know half the things they stock. XD It's in the paper craft aisle at Morayfield... with the paints and gilding stuff. It's about $10 a jar, and if you've never seen it before, it is quite small, so it doesn't really stand out when you're looking for it.

Quote:
Posting about the con and what you can expect to be there a couple of weeks before it starts could be handy. As well as providing info, it would be a good reminder. I actually have a friend that forgot to attend Supanova. She thought it was still a few months away
You're going to make me work, aren't you? XD Hahahaa! Yeah, that's a good idea! Get people excited... AND remind them!
Unread 11-05-2007, 12:36 AM   #8
Wakaleo

I do read it too, but yeah I noticed no updates have been done for a while. I think it would be good to have convention reminders (where cosplay events are held), and of course announcements about the selection of the Australian team for WCS. I can help you with that if you like. Currently the rules for Australia's preselection of WCS have been written and are under review. As soon as they have been approve by the Animania staff, they will be posted on the website.
Wakaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2007, 08:08 PM   #9
redonions

I read it too, when I can find it - it's so hard to find the Australian things on this site lol!
I couldn't even find this forum until Kenny linked me..... lol... how on earth do you get here? It's not even on the main forum page =__=
Under "Country Specific Forums" I just have this big, white, blank space, haha..
redonions is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2007, 08:37 PM   #10
Wakaleo

lol. yeah it's under country specific forums, and flags should appear and when you clic on the Australian flag you get there, but obviously your computer is having trouble loading the page. No idea how to solve it.
Wakaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2007, 02:17 PM   #11
redonions

hm.. yeah -.-; It must be because I'm in firefox -__-;
redonions is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2007, 10:33 AM   #12
Melanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakaleo View Post
I do read it too, but yeah I noticed no updates have been done for a while. I think it would be good to have convention reminders (where cosplay events are held), and of course announcements about the selection of the Australian team for WCS. I can help you with that if you like. Currently the rules for Australia's preselection of WCS have been written and are under review. As soon as they have been approve by the Animania staff, they will be posted on the website.
Oh! That would be wonderful! Any help or information that you wish for me to post would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redonions View Post
hm.. yeah -.-; It must be because I'm in firefox -__-;
I use Firefox, and I've had no troubles with display at all... I think this site actually runs better on it than IE.

It might be worth letting the Admin know about the problem.

Last edited by Melanie : 11-14-2007 at 10:37 AM.
Unread 11-18-2007, 04:15 AM   #13
Chastangela
Suiren no Ningyo

I do check it on occasion. Had noticed that there hadn't been updates so it'll be good to see more updates.
Chastangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2007, 04:28 AM   #14
Metanoia

I'm the other editor, and I must admit that I completey forgot about cosplay.com altogether for a while. This is the first time I've dropped in for several months.

I'll pull my finger out too and try to help Melanie keep that section updated. But if anyone has an event writeup, or something coming up in their area, let me or Melanie know because we obviosuly can't go to everything and won't always know what is happening in everyones state.

I'll also say that I've tried to get all the Australian conventions mentioned in the convention guide on this website, but they don't seem to be appearing. I don't know if they've changed the rules on that and just won't add Aussie ones or what is going on, but perhaps we can make sure through the au. area that you all know what is coming up, even if it is just a little meetup where you can get out your costumes.

AVCon, yay AVCon!
Metanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 05:12 AM   #15
SeishinKibou
*~Weasle~*

I read it when I remember there's a forum...lol [*usually goes straight to photo gallery*] I just find it sad that we're last on the flag list ;_; It would be good if we had a country member searcher as well. But I think the community needs to build a bit, also thats cosplay.com's descision to edit.

Back on topic~ I read the updates thingy every so often. I like the ideas people are suggesting as well so yesh they're pretty much said what I would like to see *nod* =D
SeishinKibou is offline   Reply With Quote