Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop

Unread 05-27-2003, 05:48 AM   #1
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

Deg Yokan pictures anyone? (Yes, I looked!)

I'm looking for clear pictures of Dir en grey's outfits from the "Yokan" PV. Because of the way the video is shot, it's impossible to make out much in the way of detail on any of the outfits. I've Googled, and dug through all of the Deg sites in my bookmarks, and I've been able to locate an okay picture of Kyo, but that's it. If anybody has any clear pictures, I'd be very grateful.

www.suspiciouscloset.com
Koumori is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-27-2003, 01:51 PM   #2
shiroi_yukiko
has helmet hair

Do they exsist? That is the question. I only have one pic of them in those outfits and it's not even that good. I'm seconding the "please point me in the right direction"! I'm not doing Yokan cosplay, but I might someday...^^
Etsy Shop
shiroi_yukiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2003, 02:02 PM   #3
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

I'm beginning to doubt that they do exist; my SO has been bored at work and searching all day, and she's just come up with a few screenshots, which of course are pretty much useless due to the overexposed look of the PV. My guess is that they never made it into a photoshoot, since a) they don't have a lot of detail, the better to go with the washed-out visual; and b) Five Guys In Solid White isn't all that interesting a photo. But I'm hopeful I can find *something*.. because Kyo's suit, while very nice on him, would look like utter crap on me. I got hips, y'know.
Unread 05-27-2003, 04:56 PM   #4
domestik
pudding king

Ahh, I know what you're talking about, but unfortunately the only pictures I know of in their Yokan outfits are the ones featured on the Gauze DVD set. But they're not clear, as you might already know.

Perhaps in this case, if you can't find anything, just do the best you can? I don't think would come after you for not getting it down to the very last stitching.
Unread 05-27-2003, 08:57 PM   #5
Minakolabelle
Toshiya's evil twin

I'm doing yokan too this year and yeah it's hell X_x I also have one pic of them and it's horrble for any details what so ever.

I'm screen capping the music station copy I have of it. their small pics but their the best I can get. if you would like any PM or email me okies?
Minakolabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2003, 09:12 PM   #6
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

Thanks, but I've got the PV. And it is USELESS. I can't even begin to make out what Die is wearing at all. I suppose I'll wing it. *sigh* I wish that Kyo's outfit would look good on me, since I have decent pictures of it, but I know it wouldn't. Dammit.

Thanks for your help, though!
Unread 05-27-2003, 09:33 PM   #7
Bansaku

I have a really clear pic of the top of Die and Toshiya's costumes but as for the rest, it's a lot of piecing together. We were working on a Yokan group last year but it got scrapped...I still have my references though.

I take it you're doing Die? I can give you the one pic of Die's...but the bottom isn't show. The live video Minakolabelle mentioned is pretty useful as to figuring out and piecing together the outfit. Die's costume is generally a negative of his 'Cage' look.

http://www.geocities.com/macabre_doll/yokand.jpg

I hope this helps ^^;; Yokan is so hard -_-

- Maca

Last edited by Bansaku : 05-30-2003 at 06:08 AM.
Bansaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2003, 10:23 PM   #8
Minakolabelle
Toshiya's evil twin

it's not the pv it's the live version on music station. their clear as hell only small.

Die's costume is almost the same thing as his cage costuem only in white ^_^
Minakolabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2003, 11:46 PM   #9
soshi
onna kaizoku

they did some live promotion in their Yokan costumes, and a while ago some screen shots were floating around... I have no idea where they'd be, though. x__X; does anyone know what that thing was?
soshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2003, 12:11 AM   #10
domestik
pudding king

*blinks* Yeah! I have screen shots of that Music Station promo they did. Definitely small.
Unread 05-28-2003, 07:22 AM   #11
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

Quote:
Originally posted by Minakolabelle

Die's costume is almost the same thing as his cage costuem only in white ^_^
I thought it might be. He likes those long fitted coats.

Bansaku, you rock. I can't see your page at the moment but I'll try again later. And Minokolabelle, yes, I'd like to see some screenshots if I could...

No, I hadn't decided who if anyone I wanted to do. As you can tell, I'd *like* to do Kyo but am aware of my limitations. Generally I'm a Toshiya fan, though I feel that in this PV, while his lipstick is really cool, his hair is possibly the worst hair I've ever seen on him.

www.suspiciouscloset.com
Unread 05-28-2003, 11:25 AM   #12
soshi
onna kaizoku

I really like Die and Kyo's Yokan outfits. while I don't like Toshiya's that much, I think, imo, Kaoru's is the worst in that pv. @_@; It's just.. I dunno, somethin' weird about it.

good luck with whoever you choose! and I can't wait to see it!
soshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2003, 04:18 PM   #13
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

This is driving me insane...cuz I was gonna say, "Oh, here you go!" before but I don't seem to actually have very much reference either. Did I dream it? X_x
Um, yeah, I have an -semi-useful- half-body shot of Toshiya and Die, too (might be the same pics...?) and a nice head-shot of Kao (who's hair isn't -that- bad)...so if ya need them. But I swear I had more, really...I'm gonna have to go dig up my old computer just to make sure.

Eeep, the rare time they're not wearing black and you -still- can't figure out what's going on. I guess your best bet is do a really good job on the make-up/hair and everyone should be able to get what you're going for. Half the fun (and trauma) of DeG cosplay is making up the portions you just can't figure out.
Yui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2003, 09:40 PM   #14
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

*laugh* I was okay with Kaoru until I noticed that he has something really weird on his head. Well, maybe I'll try for Kyo, since there are pretty decent pictures of that. If I wear wider-leg pants and lengthen the jacket a bit, I might be able to do it. Truth be told, I just want his hair.

Thank you all for your help!
Unread 06-08-2003, 07:28 PM   #15
ryuichi fangirl
Taryn + bacon = OTP

welllI think I have one from the TV appearance...err...yes...good quality...but you can't really see Shinya since he's in back..an everyone else you only get the top half...but if you IM me I can send it to you if you like.....
ryuichi fangirl is offline   Reply With Quote