Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 11-04-2007, 09:43 PM   #1
Sakuraally
Sakura

Question how can i make myself look more like Sakura

Im cosplaying Sakura i have the whole outfit except te wig but i did buy a pink wig with bangs that it kind of wavy and long so i was wondering how is the best way to make it like Sakuras hair and what kind of make up should i use or how i should use make up to look more like her
Sakuraally is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-04-2007, 09:47 PM   #2
Sakuraally
Sakura

*sighs waits for comment*
Sakuraally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2007, 09:58 PM   #3
Doctor Blind

Well, post a picture or describe your face in great detail so we can help you. It's all relative.
And if you need wig help, that should go in the wigs and hair forum.

Faris (FFV)
Felix (Golden Sun: The Lost Age)
Flora (Professor Layton & The Curious Village)
Doctor Blind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2007, 11:08 PM   #4
verdatum
Extremely registered user

You may also wanna confirm that you mean to cosplay Sakura from Naruto, as there are at least a dozen different anime manga and video game characters who share that name

Also waiting four minutes to bump your own post is a little silly. We don't hit the refresh button that often!
Unread 11-05-2007, 08:35 PM   #5
Adara

Last time I checked, ninjas didn't wear much makeup. Just keep it simple. Foundation, mascara, maybe a clear/neutral color lip gloss. When I cosplayed Sakura, I used a bit of dusty pink eyeshadow because it went with the wig, helped make my eyes look bigger (because obviously I don't have anime-huge eyes :d), and it blended in well. You don't want to wear any makeup that's really obvious (no lipstick, bold eyeliner, etc) because Sakura just wouldn't wear obvious makeup.
You can straighten the wig using hot water--search for ways to straighten wigs in the wig forum.

2011 cosplay: Bellatrix LeStrange, Alice (SyFy miniseries)
Adara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2007, 12:31 PM   #6
noobsdesire

don't be selfish, people are helping OTHER people, not waiting to run around and comment on only your stuff in 4 minutes.

really.

As for makeup, as above keep it natural.
noobsdesire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2007, 03:08 PM   #7
SakuraFan
No.1 Sakura Fan!

no make-up coz sakura dose not use it and just mabe abit of natural eyeshadow to give them big anime eyes oh and must hav green eyes. are you going as sakura before or after she cuts her hair?
Unread 05-28-2008, 11:18 PM   #8
hanhan2413
Pink loving cosplayer

I've never worn make up in my life,
How light should the eye shadow be?
and umm does mascara go on your eyes? and is there some darker shade that you need to do?
hanhan2413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2008, 03:56 AM   #9
SakuraFan
No.1 Sakura Fan!

mascara gose on ur eyelashes eye shadow just light pink like pink tinted just u can c it pink so national with a hit of pink
Unread 05-29-2008, 03:05 PM   #10
Patches
she killed a man

You should ALWAYS wear makeup for cosplay. Even if it's just to even out your skintone and make your eyes pop with some eyliner/mascara/natural shadow and some blush.

I don't generally wear makeup everyday, but it always looks better to wear it with cosplay than to not.
Unread 05-29-2008, 04:38 PM   #11
navigated
Derp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
You should ALWAYS wear makeup for cosplay. Even if it's just to even out your skintone and make your eyes pop with some eyliner/mascara/natural shadow and some blush.

I don't generally wear makeup everyday, but it always looks better to wear it with cosplay than to not.
Quoted for truth.

But as people have stated, while Sakura doesn't appear to wear makeup in the series, its not going to hurt you to wear any. Obviously she's a girl trying to impress someone, and especially at that age (well I mean I guess this does depend on which point of the series you're cosplaying - I digress) it would make sense for her to have make up on. I would actually suggest a light purple color for eyeshadow, at least if your eyes are kind of light, purple tends to bring out the green in eyes, get mascara (black or brown) and put it on your upper lashes, I think for putting it on your lower lashes might be overkill, especially if you're not used to wearing the stuff. Some light pink blush, foundation, powder and maybe some lip gloss (nothing TOO shiney though). Really, keep yourself light handed on the makeup.

navigated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2008, 05:22 PM   #12
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

note on purple eyeshadow--don't make it so apparent. sakura doesn't require so much makeup.

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
StrawberrySiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2008, 06:37 AM   #13
Emiri_chan
Keyblade Wielder

sakura does not appear to wear makeup, but as people have stated its probably best to wear it with cosplay. it just enhances features and basically makes you look a whole lot better i think.

Past/Complete Cosplays:
Sakura Haruno (Naruto)

Future Cosplays:
Aqua (Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep) - 5%
Maka Albarn (Soul Eater) - 0%
Sakura Haruno (Naruto Shippuden - 15%
Kairi (Kingdom Hearts 2) - 0%

Cons

Past
Chibicon 08

Future
COLOR="Red"]J-Culture Con 09[/color]
Oct MCM Expo 09
Alcon 10
Midlands MCM Expo 10
Emiri_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 02:53 PM   #14
darkmangakat
~runs with scissors~

I say to just use basic makeup. Maybe a thin layer of mascara, and some very light pink eyeshadow. I heard white eyeliner can make your eyes look a little bigger and more appealing, but I would be careful with that. Some really light peach or light pink lipgloss would be fine. Sakura isnt a heavily made up character so just use a little to enhance your features.
darkmangakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 01:17 AM   #15
Perzephone
Ninja Pirate!

I know I a bit late on this thread but, I cosplayed and still do Sakura.

This is what I do, I use Ben Nye's Dusty Pink eyeshadow (Ben Nye is stage make up)
I use that for my eyes just a touch and I use it for my eyebrows since her eye brows are pink as well. I went the tip of my angled brush(not to wet, but wet enough to grab the eyeshadow) tap it on the eyeshadow pan and then with the natural angle of yoru eyebrows brush the color on them. If it looks to much or kind of clumpy just use a clean tooth brush that you don't use to brush your teeth, preferable a new one or you can buy and eyebrow brush. Ever so lightly brush your brows going out ward.

For the eyes I put on the pink shadow first, usually I use foundation for the lids so that the shadow doesn't disappear or crease over time. Then I apply neutral colors like beige, browns you know earth tones. Then I link my eyes with black liquid liner, if you don't know how to use liquid liner, then a black sharpened eyeliner pencil will do.

I then add on fake eyelashes that are not to noticeable and to dramatic. You want to find that are natural looking. Also don't forget to trim them to the size of your eye, you don't want them to be to long. But before I put on my fake lashes I put on some mascara wait for that to set and then put on the lashes.

Also don't forget to line your lower part of your eye, not to much just a tiny bit. You want to line from some what off the middle to the corner of the outer corner part of your eye.

I put on some blush I used my eye shadow for this too. Also I used a bit of bronzer powder for some parts of my face. Also go for a natural color for your lips.

I hope that this helps! ^_^

Sakura Con Cosplays:
Vanille - FF13
Rydia - FF4
Tin Nyanko - Sailor Moon Stars
Himawari - XXXHolic (Artbook and for the Masquerade)
Perzephone is offline   Reply With Quote