Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Closed Thread
Unread 05-27-2003, 09:41 PM   #1
Goth Kitty 22
Whoop!

Exclamation Petition for Vash's revolver replica from Poseidon/Dai Nipon Giken

Looks legitimate.

http://www.petitiononline.com/tri6shot/petition.html

"There is currently a petition going to get DNG to get the license from Pioneer to make Vash's gun for countries outside of Japan.

Please sign it. We need 200 sigs for them to start talks for the license and 400 for them to actually start production."

Let's get crackin!

Unread 05-27-2003, 10:48 PM   #2
K_Valentine
I shoot people.

Signed with reluctance.

For me, part of the fun of cosplaying is making the prop. I love the Vash gun we made... just cardboard and paint. It was a heck of a lot cheaper too.

If they make the gun functioning (airsoft pellets) I'm in (has a few roommates to take care of ^^).

Escapist Magazine anime critic: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti.../reviews/anime
Unread 05-27-2003, 10:53 PM   #3
vyrax778
Resident Gun Guy.

id rather have Smith and Wesson make a real one.
Unread 05-28-2003, 09:44 AM   #4
Balmung
The Naked Spike

I want them to release the Hellsing guns too!
Unread 05-29-2003, 08:26 AM   #5
ShingoBunny
Kusanagi-san's #1 student

LOL, I'm signing it... though, I wish that it would have the airsoft pellets lie K_Valentine said.
Unread 05-29-2003, 02:07 PM   #6
ryukumon
King Ranger

Hello everyone, I'm new here but I am the guy that contacted DNG directly and asked them about making an overseas version of Vash's gun for countries outside of Japan and my friends over at the Vash's .45 Long Colt website put up the petition for me. I have been emailing DNG back and forth asking about the possibilities of remaking their original version and making an airsoft version.

Their response to me is exactly as stated above by Goth Kitty 22. (Thanks for bringing this here BTW)

As far as an airsoft version goes, they said that "it is technically impossible to manufacture it" but not that it is impossible to mod the existing kit into an airsoft. I've seen it done and I'll be doing one myself. I have 2 original DNG kits of Vash's gun and made a copy of one of my kits so that I could specifically mod it into an airsoft and may even do a tutorial for those that care.

vyrax778: I, too, would love to see a real version of Vash's Eagle .45 long colt but then again I have talked to and been consulted by enough gunsmiths to know that it is impossible to make a faithful working recreation of this gun. The biggest problem mechanically lies in the fact that the gun is bottom chamber aligned and has an auto-ejection system as seen in the show (and the fact that it's an anime gun with all it's Angel Arm wackiness).

Balmung: I'm assuming you mean you want them to release the Hellsing guns to the US, correct? If that's the case then it would most likely take another collection of 200 sigs for them to start license negotiations and then another 200 just to start production. However if you are just wanting the guns now and have the money to spare, email me and I might have a lead for you. (and let me tell you I have both of DNG's Hellsing guns and the Jackal is by far the better of the 2, given that it is an airsoft mod.)

Thanks for the support, everyone, even if it was in reluctance. It is all appreciated.

Ryu

Last edited by ryukumon : 05-29-2003 at 03:39 PM.
Unread 05-29-2003, 02:18 PM   #7
vyrax778
Resident Gun Guy.

Quote:
Originally posted by ryukumon
[

vyrax778: I, too, would love to see a real version of Vash's Eagle .45 long colt but then again I have talked to and been consulted by enough gunsmiths to know that it is impossible to make a faithful working recreation of this gun. The biggest problem mechanically lies in the fact that the gun is bottom chamber aligned and has an auto-ejection system as seen in the show (and the fact that it's an anime gun with all it's Angel Arm wackiness).

Thanks for the support, everyone, even if it was in reluctance. It is all appreciated.

Ryu [/b]
I had the Idea of using one of these http://www.navyarms.com/html/top_break_rev.html

second one down
having a machine shop make a sleeve to go over the barrel so it looks like his with that big muzzle weight and then getting the thing chrome plated. But i just can never justify the cost for it.
Unread 05-29-2003, 03:15 PM   #8
ryukumon
King Ranger

Well the Schofield, and the Webley (not listed there), are in fact breech action guns but the one defining characteristic of Vash's gun is lost. That being the bottom chamber of the cylinder is inline with the barrel. Even if you did get a sleeve made it still wouldn't be aligned right with cylinder.

Also if you look closely at the hinge on the Schofield, you see it comes up to the top of the bottom chamber in the cylinder. It also has an auto eject mechanism but the the spring for such is housed in the part under the barrel. Vash's gun doesn't have that much free space under barrel to facilitate.

So far the closest thing to Vash's gun is the Matebe Unica 6 Hunter here: http://www.mateba-arms.com/page2.html

But even then it's a swingload and not a breech.

Still, though, I wish you luck. There may be a few gunsmiths that are willing to give it a try if you are willing to foot the bill but so far no one has decided to step up to the plate given that there's the cost of R&D, a protoype, and a final version easily costing you up into the the tens of thousands.

I really don't mean to rain on your parade just telling you what I've found out. (Sometimes a voice of opposition is just what you need to get the job done, right?)

Ryu
Unread 05-30-2003, 09:58 PM   #9
Goth Kitty 22
Whoop!

Well you could fake it. The barrel for a bb or pellet gun is only a few millimeters in diameter. You could build a box over that and make a fake large barrel on the bottom. With this theory, it maybe possible to modify a Crosman revolver with a medium length barrel.

Here is my idea:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trigun.jpg (6.6 KB, 10 views)
Unread 05-30-2003, 09:59 PM   #10
Goth Kitty 22
Whoop!

And second pic:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trigun2.jpg (18.5 KB, 11 views)
Unread 06-04-2007, 05:01 AM   #11
DracoAleksander
Dress Maker & Haberdasher

Sorry to post something completely out of conversation, but I've been looking desperately for high quality, possibly even airsoft, models of Jackel and Joshua. Ryukumon's comment a few posts back has me extreamely curious. I already PM'ed him on here, but I don't know if he'll check it anytime soon. If anyone has his actual email address, could you let me know what it is? I've been seriously looking for these models for about three years now, and this is the biggest lead I've ever gotten because it led me right to the manufacturer's website, just not a way to get them in America. Any help provided will be appreciated more than you can imagine.

Upcoming Conventions
AFO
ScreamFest

Costumes of the Year
Phoenix Wright
Alucard (Hellsing) [In Progress]
Ryuk (Death Note)
Generic Spirit Medium
Unread 06-04-2007, 06:36 AM   #12
KittyCanuck
Ph.D. in Horribleness

... you bumped a 4 year old thread, to ask for contact info for a member who has not been active in 4 years (according to their member profile).

Cosplay.com does not allow asking for contact info for cosplayers, though I'm not sure this is exactly the same, they don't usually allow asking for any off-site contact info.

<---- I'm the dinosaur, not the dude.
Closed Thread