Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-27-2003, 10:10 PM   #1
Kisa

What comes Next? (Toronto Trek related)

Basically, whose going? What do you plan to wear? and should you let me yell to try to assemble people for a photoshoot? ^-^ Better yet... are there going to be enough of us that I wont know everyone and have to yell?

I know the K-town crew + Xio are going, Minako, I think you were going... Sarcasm will be there... SMA, I heard whispers of you guys making an appearance.

Anyone else planning on helping prove Anime/costumes are valued at a general sci-fi con?

If you haven't read it... StillVisions did a con-report featuring the K-town people, and it's amusing... http://www.stillvisions.com/events/TT16/TT1.htm

Last edited by Kisa : 05-27-2003 at 10:45 PM.
Kisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-27-2003, 10:23 PM   #2
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

I dunno what I'm going to wear...most of my anime costumes are kinda skimpy, and I learned two years ago that a skimpy costume is not the thing to wear at Toronto Trek (unless you want annoying wannabe Klingons leering at you and making rude comments)....

I might just wear some nifty stuff from my closet, or possibly Hyakurin.

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2003, 10:27 PM   #3
Minakolabelle
Toshiya's evil twin

hell yeah I'm going to be there

so far I have Mana, Alamo's musketeer costume and possibally totchi..... Kisa I have to talk to about what I wanna wear on sunday okies?
Minakolabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2003, 10:32 PM   #4
Kisa

You know where to find me Minako. I'll be online ^-^

I've got Count Cain planned solidly for Friday and someone from Naruto for Sunday, because my housemate wants to do it, and he's kind of our 'cosplay accessory' so now and then we have to do things he wants...
Still one more day to figure out tho, which may or may not be Magna Carta, depending on how up to it I feel...
So, once my income tax comes in, and bills get paid, I may splurge and buy some velvet to make my Ragarok Loki costume too...

Last edited by Kisa : 05-27-2003 at 10:35 PM.
Unread 05-28-2003, 01:04 AM   #5
Mage
Kinsmen - Kael'thas

I don't know if I'm going or not, but I'm considering. The possibility of tagging along w/ Stalker Target #1 might possibly be enough of a bribe in and of itself. XP Will fix up Embla for that con...don't think I'll have time enough for another costume. =\
Unread 05-28-2003, 06:57 AM   #6
Kia
Queen of Tacky Costumes

Anime North was my only *official* con of the year. Any others will be hard to find money for... :: sigh :: anyone want to let me crash in their room? ^_^

[Kia's 2012 Convention Season:]
[Con-G - Ad Astra 31 - Anime North - Polaris 26]

[Planned costumes for 2012:]
[NEW: Suki/Lily/Mime]
[TO FINISH: Sakura/Ayumi
]
Kia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2003, 07:11 AM   #7
Chosuke
Le Chevalier

I don't know about TT for now..
Because I'm pretty sure for the time its on I'm going to be in Vancouver <and if weren't for stupid Sars! Hong Kong!> If I DO end up going to TT which I don't think I will I probably bring Ryoma..

But I AM planning to go to CN as part of a GGX group <as one of two anjis> official design is a secret though xD And also as Ryoma Echizen.

How is TT anyway? Not bad? good? I can;'t stand star trek msotly..but is there other stuff?
Chosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2003, 11:05 AM   #8
Kisa

It's all purpose science-fiction, just named badly so everyone thinks it's a Trek con.
However, as AN is now known as 'gravi-con' and 'FF-Con' I dub TT as 'buffy-con' because of all the frickin' Buffy/Angel crap going on.
That said, there's a lot of new Anime stuff happening this year, some really nice, inventive cosplay.
Unread 05-28-2003, 11:30 AM   #9
Chosuke
Le Chevalier

I'm not really a fan of buffy oo;
Unless they have a hot spike there or something..

Yep,if I do go my hall costume thingy will be as Ryoma and no one will recognize me aside from you probably xD

another thign:are they rude to anime attendees?
Unread 05-28-2003, 12:37 PM   #10
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Not in my experience. TT is a pretty good con; it's been running for over 15 years and is fan-run so they're good to fans in general. The demographic is older than at Anime North; there aren't as many teenagers and there are more 40+ people.

Wish I had time to make something costume-wise for Trek, but I've gotta use all my cosplay energy on our Worldcon costumes. (So little time! Aagh!)

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2003, 12:41 PM   #11
JustinCredible
FunPloyee Of The Year!

Was debating on going to either TT or AN because I couldn't afford to go to 3 cons this year... and with CN as tradition it was a battle of AN vs TT. And when James Masters cancelled and Kia gave me the great sales pitch for AN... it was set in stone.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kisa
I dub TT as 'buffy-con' because of all the frickin' Buffy/Angel crap going on.
Well tell me how the Buffy and Angel crap goes because I love that 'crap'.
Unread 05-28-2003, 06:30 PM   #12
Beatrix
Protector of Mr. Cheeky

Quote:
Yep,if I do go my hall costume thingy will be as Ryoma and no one will recognize me aside from you probably xD
I'd recognize you if you went as Ryoma. Yay, for PoT fans^_^
Beatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2003, 06:56 AM   #13
Chosuke
Le Chevalier

Yay!! ^^
Look for the little boy wandering aimlessly through the hallways whispering to his tennis racket and randomly throwing himself out of the way of klingons..oo;

Good those things scare me. I put on my friends white cap to test what I looked like with one on and GAWD I look like a boy..oo;..no wonder I never wear one normally xx;
Unread 05-29-2003, 08:29 AM   #14
Kia
Queen of Tacky Costumes

Klingons are cool! But then again I'm a trekkie my self. If there would be onewould be one reason for me to go to TT it would be for Klingon Karaoke! Damn, that would be the funniest thing ever!

.... we all live in a yellow bird of prey, a yellow bird of prey, a yellow bird of prey ....

[Kia's 2012 Convention Season:]
[Con-G - Ad Astra 31 - Anime North - Polaris 26]

[Planned costumes for 2012:]
[NEW: Suki/Lily/Mime]
[TO FINISH: Sakura/Ayumi
]
Kia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2003, 06:36 PM   #15
Takuma-san
Cosplays uncomfortably

I've been a Trekkie for years, and I'm dying to experience a sci-fi con. I'd love to go to the Klingon Karaoke, chat with fellow fanatics, buy ST merchandizes which I now see less of than anime and manga stuff, and trade insult with Trek cosplayers.

Bloody Cardassians....

Unfortunately, AN has sapped me of my funds for the year. Lacking sufficient motivation for a summer job just to pay for this (if I did get one, I'd save the earnings anyways instead of spending it at a con), and not willing to part with something that might make me money on Ebay, I can't really go. I also have next year's cosplay to worry about, and it'll cost quite a bit. Paying tuition for summer classes doesn't help, either.
Takuma-san is offline   Reply With Quote