Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Fullmetal Alchemist

Unread 11-08-2007, 12:31 AM   #1
Silent_Guardian
Future Ruler of the World

Lust FMA

I have a few questions for my Lust cosplay from Fullmetal Alchemist... Would it be better to go with a shiny or non-shiny fabric? And should it be kinda stretchy like dance wear stuff or non stretchy but still fitted of course. Any suggestions on the best material? The stretchyness would be easier to move and be form fitting but I'm afraid of it being hard to work with and her cut at the top looking weird like I've seen for some who go that way. If i used non-stretchy stuff though should it be shiny or not? Also any suggestions on how to do the ourobouros tattoo? I may be using this costume for some stage fighting too or just cosplay skit stuff so I want it to hold up great too. Thanks for any and all help ^_^V
Silent_Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-09-2007, 01:55 PM   #2
9to5atthemorgue
Mindless Self Indulgence

Personally, I'd go with non-shiny. Shiny fabrics often look bad in photos with flah. Use my vincent cosplays as an example of how shiny fabric = bad!

As for the tattoos, check out the makeup forums.
9to5atthemorgue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2007, 04:52 PM   #3
Silent_Guardian

Yeah, I don't necessarily like shiny fabrics either if I can avoid it since it looks funny sometimes. Probably gonna go with something with just a bit of shine for it or something... I didn't think of checking the makeup forums so I'll do that too! ^^V
Unread 11-10-2007, 05:29 PM   #4
EastCoastKing

The tattoo would depend on just what you do for the costume, I think. If you use some material that is going to rub and be restrictive and cause you to sweat a lot, then some sort of make up would be best. But if you are going to be staying cool, then just plain old magic marker would work fine too. Personally, I would recommend non-shiny, because fact is too many other cosplayers do her that way already, so it would stand out better not to go with regular materials. Also, I recommend something stretchy, but fitted. Let us bare in mind Lust is a cartoon character, and hence the laws of physics do not apply to her. But in real life, wearing a dress that is so damn tight and made of material that does not stretch is going to make it hard for you to do something as simple as sit down. Besides, the dress makes comparatively little difference, I think. Lust's character is all about attitude, baby!
Unread 11-12-2007, 10:48 PM   #5
Silent_Guardian

Yeah, I'm either going to go with the strectchy stuff or do a kinda corset thing with it, I may end up making two version to see what I like best XD I also had another question, her sleeves/gloves are basically just gloves without the palm side right? Attached to the dress of course but pretty much gloves right? Its so confusing since I know she extends her fingers or nails yet the black material seems like it extends with her, though that's why I've thought they may be her nails, hehe. Not sure yet if I'll add them to the costue but I might later on...
Unread 01-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #6
Larxene_toxin16

Go here

Hey for your tattoo i say go to this site ---> http://www.toysnjoys.com/fullmetalal...t_tattoos.html

they have the tattoo in a pack and for really cheap. Im planning to do Lust for Tora-con so...yea
Larxene_toxin16 is offline   Reply With Quote