Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3789 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #17236
scratchfox

I have a very hard time thinking of who I look like... Any suggestions?
Pic of me: http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot... 321393_n.jpg

I'm about 5'2" if it really matters, fairly skinny.
I'm am willing to crossplay (have done it before) and willing to wear a wig. Also looking for more complex suggestions, I like standing out any suggestions are very much appreciated

Last edited by scratchfox : 01-16-2012 at 08:28 PM.
scratchfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-15-2012, 03:31 AM   #17237
Y2K_Kat
Kat

Need help deciding on new cosplay...

I have dark brown hair, and I really don't enjoy wearing wigs. My hair is past chest length, but not too long. I have brown eyes and can't wear colored contacts. You can look at my gallery to give you a better idea of how I look in general. I don't mind simple to extravagant cosplays, but I would like to look like the character I'm portraying at the convention. Any ideas would be more than welcomed, thanks
Y2K_Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #17238
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Okay, so I was wondering what characters I could cosplay with my hair? I guess any one that I look like. I'm looking for some one where I wouldn't have to wear a wig or wear a wig I already have. I do have a few wigs, but half of them are at my old place and the ones I have are semi long green wig (C.C. Code Geass), a semi long purple wig (Saeko High School of the Dead), and a long brown curly wig (no specific character, not really ringlets, more like curls). If I had to use wigs. If I had the rest of my wigs I have a Misa Amane wig, a short black wig (like Japan from Hetalia). I can't think of other wigs I have. lol Any way, I only have the first 3 wigs.

I'm pretty much looking for some thing simple and cheap to cosplay. Preferably under 100 dollars, but I don't even know if I'd be able to make the cosplay myself because I don't have a sewing machine. What I usually do is buy base clothing from Good Will and alter them...by hand...which is a bitch. lol

If I could cosplay Misa again I'd like to be her again, I had another outfit of her's I wanted to do which is basically the red corset and black skirt, but I need to get a new wig if I can't get the one I already have.

Any way, just any suggestions on some simple, cheap, cosplays I can use my natural hair with or the wigs I have would be great. Thanks.

Current pic of me.

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/...t_20111225.jpg
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #17239
Y2K_Kat
Kat

Zafina from Tekken 6

http://tekkennation.com/gallery/zafi...e26f2f7qw2.jpg
Y2K_Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #17240
Rinkia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii Pocky View Post
Okay, so I was wondering what characters I could cosplay with my hair? I guess any one that I look like. I'm looking for some one where I wouldn't have to wear a wig or wear a wig I already have. I do have a few wigs, but half of them are at my old place and the ones I have are semi long green wig (C.C. Code Geass), a semi long purple wig (Saeko High School of the Dead), and a long brown curly wig (no specific character, not really ringlets, more like curls). If I had to use wigs. If I had the rest of my wigs I have a Misa Amane wig, a short black wig (like Japan from Hetalia). I can't think of other wigs I have. lol Any way, I only have the first 3 wigs.

I'm pretty much looking for some thing simple and cheap to cosplay. Preferably under 100 dollars, but I don't even know if I'd be able to make the cosplay myself because I don't have a sewing machine. What I usually do is buy base clothing from Good Will and alter them...by hand...which is a bitch. lol

If I could cosplay Misa again I'd like to be her again, I had another outfit of her's I wanted to do which is basically the red corset and black skirt, but I need to get a new wig if I can't get the one I already have.

Any way, just any suggestions on some simple, cheap, cosplays I can use my natural hair with or the wigs I have would be great. Thanks.
semi long purple wig--Mizore Shirayuki from Rosario + Vampire
http://rosariovampire.wikia.com/wiki/Mizore_Shirayuki
Rinkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 12:56 AM   #17241
Binkky

What do you guys think?

I'm pretty white, blonde hair, and short (5"2'). I also do not want to worry about a wig so blonde is where I would like to stay. :]

Me:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...20110817_5.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...toy-photo2.jpg
Binkky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 02:12 AM   #17242
RavingRuff

I had longer hair (That's how I did my CM Punk cosplay I just used gel to slick it back) but now my hair is this short, im 5'7, ill admit it im chubby, and um yeah. I'm thinking of going to the next New York Comic Con as Cartman.

New York City Comic Con / Anime Festival 2011:
Pokemon - Hilbert - 100%
WWE - Commentary CM Punk - 100%

New York City Comic Con / Anime Festival 2012:
Unable to attend due to School/Work

New York City Comic Con / Anime Festival 2013"
Yet to Decide
RavingRuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #17243
Hetaliarussia98

Im 5'1 tall
Have light tan skin
I wear contacts most of the time
And i dont mind crossplay....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me.jpg (81.0 KB, 0 views)
Hetaliarussia98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #17244
sakura_HiMExx
goofball shoujo~ o 3o

Help~? C: I'm 5'3'' and I'm average weight, long black hair with bangs and brown eyes (your typical Asian girl ^^; haha~).. Anywhoosits, I'm open to wearing a low maintenance wig but would prefer if I just could manage with a low key character that works with my appearance. I had Saya from Blood+ in mind or Clare Setilan (who isn't that low key but her costume is just too beautiful to resist)... Suggestions?

Oh and before I forget, here're some pictures of me! C:

just a random shot of my face/smile ^^;

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...53 7038_n.jpg
I'm on the left, and I'm not as dark as the picture.. D: Rather light skinned

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...88 5773_n.jpg
better image of my body? C:

Pleaaase help~ ^^;
sakura_HiMExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #17245
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavingRuff View Post

I had longer hair (That's how I did my CM Punk cosplay I just used gel to slick it back) but now my hair is this short, im 5'7, ill admit it im chubby, and um yeah. I'm thinking of going to the next New York Comic Con as Cartman.

I immediately thought Jirobo from Naruto D:
(Hope that does not offend you ; 3 ; )
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #17246
abigalecollins
g a l e †

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura_HiMExx View Post
Help~? C: I'm 5'3'' and I'm average weight, long black hair with bangs and brown eyes (your typical Asian girl ^^; haha~).. Anywhoosits, I'm open to wearing a low maintenance wig but would prefer if I just could manage with a low key character that works with my appearance. I had Saya from Blood+ in mind or Clare Setilan (who isn't that low key but her costume is just too beautiful to resist)... Suggestions?

Oh and before I forget, here're some pictures of me! C:

just a random shot of my face/smile ^^;

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...53 7038_n.jpg
I'm on the left, and I'm not as dark as the picture.. D: Rather light skinned

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...88 5773_n.jpg
better image of my body? C:

Pleaaase help~ ^^;
oh my o.O
i must say that 1.) you are adorable! i'm jealous lol! ^_^ and 2.) you could seriously pull off so many different characters it's unreal.

do you have any favorite female characters that you could think of? because you could very well pull them off, you're perfect for cosplay!

sorry if that wasn't direct help...but i just had to tell you lol.
abigalecollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #17247
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkia View Post
semi long purple wig--Mizore Shirayuki from Rosario + Vampire
http://rosariovampire.wikia.com/wiki/Mizore_Shirayuki
She seems cool. I'll have to check out the anime, but my purple wig is much longer then that. It goes down to atleast above my butt.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #17248
Buni
Buni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii Pocky View Post

Current pic of me.

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/...t_20111225.jpg
Blair from Soul Eater with the purple wig the two curls would be in frount and the rest of the wig would hang long in the back.
Buni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #17249
KatyCruel

I have another picture of a friend. She's willing to wear a wig but would prefer not to. She'd be OK with crossplaying but she's not so sure if she can since she has DDs. =p She's about medium height - about 5'6". She's moderate weight - she's built to be heavier, but she has a nice figure and, I mentioned DDs.

So, HERE is a headshot of her and HERE is a semi-full body shot of her. As you can see, she's a bit stockier, but not heavy.

She's never cosplayed before and actually won't be able to go to a con this year. But we're planning ahead for next year's Anime Detour. So...ideas please. =] So I can give her a year to watch whatever it is she's playing.
If I could also draw some attention back to my post and get some more suggestions for all of us, that'd be great. =p
KatyCruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #17250
scratchfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetaliarussia98 View Post
Im 5'1 tall
Have light tan skin
I wear contacts most of the time
And i dont mind crossplay....
Spain from Hetalia would be my first suggestion http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs49/f/20...Yami_Chan4.jpg
scratchfox is offline   Reply With Quote