Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3884 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-01-2012, 02:12 AM   #17356
Taliesiin
the Adventurer

A friend of mine is looking for some help on deciding what to cosplay for this upcoming con. he's about 5' 10", medium build.

Here

We've thought of Hughes from FMA, but he doesn't want to do it without at least Roy.
Taliesiin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-01-2012, 06:13 AM   #17357
sparkleshyguy

OK.

I haven't done cosplay before and have no idea where to start. I'm probably not actually going to *do* anything for some time yet, probably not for a good year most likely (I have a lot to learn, and basically no idea where to start), but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask, at least to get some ideas (I'm not terribly familiar with a lot of the character options that are out there.)

Height: 165cm *exactly* (about 5'6" if I recall correctly. We use metric in Australia, so don't be surprised if I'm wrong on that. Metric's a lot easier to use, by the way.)
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Some weird greyish-blue colour.
Revealing: Not a good idea with the gut I've got. I'm liable to cause people to pass out. And not for the good reason. I'd prefer to save myself the embarrasment.
Wigs: Yeah, I'd actually prefer using a wig for this. I can't do *ANYTHING* with this hair. It's stupidly uncooperative. I'm also balding early (seems to run in the family) so yeah. Wigs are good.
Contacts: No (open to trying them, but I suspect it might cause issues with the eye drops that I use, so it might be best to avoid them. I'm not too fussed on matching the eye colour personally anyway at this point, just to getting a feel for the whole deal).

Crossplay: Very much open to it, but I probably haven't the body (big gut, but can suck it in, and willing to consider methods of keeping it in, as well as actually losing the weight, which is probably the best idea tbh) and probably not the right face shape for it. But again, if you think of something that'd be doable, I'm open to the idea. It sounds like fun.

Sewing skills: About as good as my mechanical skills*. Although I'd obviously be willing to learn how to sew (there's a pair of cargo pants I have that's a bit too long and needs taking up anyway...)

Glasses: Yep, I wear them anyway. A very strong prescription too (+6.5 I believe) so yeah. Kinda important. You shoulda seen the ones I had as a really little kid.

Other facts: Yes, the left eye is bad. No, there's not really anything I can do about it.

Feel free to suggest options that might be suitable if I lose some weight. Frankly, I probably need to. A motivation would be good.

Woah, this got long. Sorry folks!

*aka honestly haven't got a clue. Never trust me with a mechanical implement. Ever. Except a screwdriver. I do know how to work those.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg moi.jpg (8.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by sparkleshyguy : 02-01-2012 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Fixed parenthesis fail. Also, tweaked wording slightly.
sparkleshyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #17358
MayonakaAme
doing her own thing;

Photo (from when I cut my hair. lol)
And from Yoko progress shots. (Body type)

Height: 5'4" ish
Hair: Naturally? lol It changes color... I think it's brownish.
Eyes: Dark brown almost black.
Revealing: If I like the character enough... It takes a seriously cool character. ... Also I'll need some time to get into the proper shape.
Wigs: Absolutely. I prefer them, usually, because it's easier than trying to style my hair. XD
Contacts: Yes. Love them. But bear in mind, I have SUPER dark, almost Asian-black eyes, so it's a bit harder to find them.
Crossplay: Open to it, giving Rin from Aoi no Exorcist a go in September. I'm pretty feminine looking though. xD
Sewing skills: Pretty decent. I'm a fashion design major and I have some experience in weird fabrics and techniques of cosplay.
Glasses: No preference. I personally hate them but a bunch of my characters wear them.

Ta-da! ~
I would appreciate the help!

haruhi suzumiya - 95% complete
rin okumura - 0% complete

Last edited by MayonakaAme : 02-01-2012 at 09:48 AM.
MayonakaAme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #17359
Taliesiin
the Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkleshyguy View Post

*aka honestly haven't got a clue. Never trust me with a mechanical implement. Ever. Except a screwdriver. I do know how to work those.
Would you be offended if I said you'd make the best Peter Pettigrew?
Taliesiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 10:39 PM   #17360
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

I'm looking for some new suggestions because I'd like to increase my list a bit ^-^
I don't like skimpy or anything too plain.
Thank you for the help < 3
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 11:29 PM   #17361
Rinkia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkleshyguy View Post
OK.

I haven't done cosplay before and have no idea where to start. I'm probably not actually going to *do* anything for some time yet, probably not for a good year most likely (I have a lot to learn, and basically no idea where to start), but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask, at least to get some ideas (I'm not terribly familiar with a lot of the character options that are out there.)

Height: 165cm *exactly* (about 5'6" if I recall correctly. We use metric in Australia, so don't be surprised if I'm wrong on that. Metric's a lot easier to use, by the way.)
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Some weird greyish-blue colour.
Revealing: Not a good idea with the gut I've got. I'm liable to cause people to pass out. And not for the good reason. I'd prefer to save myself the embarrasment.
Wigs: Yeah, I'd actually prefer using a wig for this. I can't do *ANYTHING* with this hair. It's stupidly uncooperative. I'm also balding early (seems to run in the family) so yeah. Wigs are good.
Contacts: No (open to trying them, but I suspect it might cause issues with the eye drops that I use, so it might be best to avoid them. I'm not too fussed on matching the eye colour personally anyway at this point, just to getting a feel for the whole deal).

Crossplay: Very much open to it, but I probably haven't the body (big gut, but can suck it in, and willing to consider methods of keeping it in, as well as actually losing the weight, which is probably the best idea tbh) and probably not the right face shape for it. But again, if you think of something that'd be doable, I'm open to the idea. It sounds like fun.

Sewing skills: About as good as my mechanical skills*. Although I'd obviously be willing to learn how to sew (there's a pair of cargo pants I have that's a bit too long and needs taking up anyway...)

Glasses: Yep, I wear them anyway. A very strong prescription too (+6.5 I believe) so yeah. Kinda important. You shoulda seen the ones I had as a really little kid.

Other facts: Yes, the left eye is bad. No, there's not really anything I can do about it.

Feel free to suggest options that might be suitable if I lose some weight. Frankly, I probably need to. A motivation would be good.

Yuki from Vampire Knight
Robin from One Piece
Tifa from Final Fantasy 7
Rinkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #17362
Devika

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliLovely View Post
I'm looking for some new suggestions because I'd like to increase my list a bit ^-^
I don't like skimpy or anything too plain.
Thank you for the help < 3
How about Tomoyo from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle? Neither skimpy nor plain, and you've got a really cute face which totally fits her! Yuuko has some nice outfits too (anything but plain!) though I don't know if you'd categorize them as too skimpy... Your pink wig test picture shows that you can look really mature too, so Yuuko would work nicely too I think.

I'm sorry that I can't give more/better advice or help anyone else, I'm really dry on inspiration, which is also why I'm asking for help here XD So, everyone, who do I look like? (Originally intended to do a pair cosplay with my sister, but we agreed on doing separate stuff.) NO HETALIA please thank you.

Pic: http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/l...1-22105900.jpg (sorry it's kinda dark)
Height: 5 feet 6 inches / 167 cm
Body build: Skinny, rather flat chested, got hips and waist
Skin: Very pale
Wig: Yes (have blond hair)
Contacts: Yes (have blue-grey eyes)
Crossplay: Absolutely an option <3
Other: Nothing too revealing, no busty characters

Edit: Also, I'm a first-time cosplayer! I'd love to do Kanda Yuu or Allen Walker, but the uniforms are too complicated (twill and stuff like that, can't work with that!).
Devika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 02:41 AM   #17363
xfluffyAri

Height: 5'4, Female

Weight: 140

Revealing: Er..no thanks

Hair: black.

Wigs: Yes!! <3

Eyes: Dark brown

Contacts: Yes please!

Crossplay: Done some but very few... and more feminine guys

Sewing skills: Pretty good.. not the best but alright.

Glasses: Sure!

Other: No busty characters...I'm pretty flat xD

And heres a photo of me with very dark make up and hardly any...
xfluffyAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #17364
leafymcgee

Hey, everyone!
I'm rather new to cosplaying and shtuff, but I can't decide who in the heck I wanna be!
Height: 4'11. Yes.
Weight: 130, not a twig. I got big ol' hips.
Hair: dark brown and long, like middle o' my back. I'll wear a wig, too!
Eyes: light blue, but since I wear corrective lenses, I can't really wear colored contacts without forkin' up some big bucks.
I don't have a picture available right meow, but I shall put on up latah.
I love Dragon Ball Z, D Gray-Man, Elfen Lied, Bleach, Fruits Basket, and pretty much any video game. I am open to new suggestions though!

edit: PICTURES!
http://s1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh566/leafymcgee/
Thank you everyone so much!

Last edited by leafymcgee : 02-06-2012 at 10:52 AM.
leafymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #17365
mischievousminx

I'm 5'5 and I have a curvy body and I have light tan skin...well here are some pictures

Picture ONE

Picture TWO
mischievousminx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #17366
Malgorbia

Look for Ideas In general

Height: 5'4
Weight: 125lb
Hair: Black, long, curly. Can be straightened or recurled etc.
Wigs: YES!
Eyes: Black....so dark with minimal light, In the sun brownish crimson
Contacts: YES! I love changing things up~
Crossplay: I already have done it many time and I am kinda sick of it
Sewing skills: I will make anything if it is worth it, so good
Glasses: Sure!
Other: Anything you guys think I can pull off is fine. Flat chested girls tend to look....not right on me, in one of the pics it looks like I might be thin chested but in reality I wear a C-D...so it is hard for me. Still not out of the picture!

I am kinda a hard one to do this for. I am cosplaying Anthy soon so that one is already knocked off the list. I made myself white for my Russia Cosplay for two years in a row. (as you can see in my profile picture, or my pictures in my gallery) http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...218977_n.jp g ) But I REALLY don't want to do that anymore, because it was hot and really uncomfortable because of that.
Regardless here are the pics.
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...489967_n. jpg
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...359755 _n.jpg
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...582902_n.j pg
(I am on the left, lol)

Without makeup (ahhhhhH!!!!!)lol
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...552081_n. jpg

My body measurements now are 39-27-38

Thanks! (I don't think I have posted here before). I know I have asked on yahoo, but this seems more viable.

Last edited by Malgorbia : 02-03-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Malgorbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #17367
mischievousminx

I'm 5'5 and I have light tanned skin (lmao) and I also have a curvy body..I prefer hyper characters since its more similar to my personality although my favorite anime character is aisaka taiga <3 here are some pics

one
two
Unread 02-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #17368
leafymcgee

Malgorbia: first off, you are gorgeous!
I think that you'd make a perfect Yourichi from Bleach!

Mischeviousminx: you, my friend, are also SUPER purdy!
And, with your looks and the hyper personality, I think that you'd be best
as Road from D. Gray-man.
leafymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #17369
mischievousminx

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafymcgee View Post
Malgorbia: first off, you are gorgeous!
I think that you'd make a perfect Yourichi from Bleach!

Mischeviousminx: you, my friend, are also SUPER purdy!
And, with your looks and the hyper personality, I think that you'd be best
as Road from D. Gray-man.
Well I have considered road before but the thing is I am also quite busty i dont know if I can pull it off ) thank you for the suggestion
Unread 02-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #17370
Raihou

Okay! Looking for any and all suggestions~

Height: 5'2"
Weight: 105lbs (approx.)
Hair: Shoulder-Length, Dark Auburn (near black)
Eyes: Blue-grey
Wigs: YES <-- Caps and bolded for emphasis. I do love wigs, so hair colour doesn't matter :3
Contacts: I don't bother much with eye colour when it comes to cosplay, but I'd be willing to wear them, yes
Crossplay: Yes, that's fine by me!
Sewing skills: I'm not a professional, but I can make pretty much anything if I can buy/make a pattern for it. Though I'm wary of doing anything very complex.

Pictures:
My face
Full body shot (not the best, but it's the only one I have)
Raihou is offline   Reply With Quote