Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2453 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 10-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #18676
stickmichael

If you like Full metal alchemist why not Olivier Mira Armstrong? Might fit your look more.
stickmichael is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #18677
mitsuhideakechi

Fresh ums- you could try erica from campione! (though your hair may be a little short) or Arcueid brunestud from type moon's tsukehime lunar legend

Also you could try Riza hawkeye from FMA

Cosplays

Lockon Stratos- 100%

Irvine Kinease- 50%

Sharnid Elipton- 0%

Last edited by mitsuhideakechi : 10-06-2012 at 11:49 PM. Reason: updated idea
mitsuhideakechi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #18678
Ai07091995

Who should I cosplay?

I'm somewhat willing to wear colored contacts (I do night contacts anyway). I will not dye my hair but I want the cosplay to be "passable/decent." I won't wear a skirt or heels, boots might be okay, sandals might be okay, sneakers are great.

I've uploaded two pictures of myself (hair down and hair up). These are recent pictures.

Hair: shoulder length brown hair
Eyes: brown eyes, somewhat willing to wear colored contacts (though it will be my first time wearing them during the day)
Height: 5'5" ish, no heels!
Personality: Outgoing, loud, stubborn. Not one of those shy people. Planning on doing this for halloween (and comic-con I suppose).
Budget: Not entirely sure. Just give me ideas.
Sew: Nope I can't. Not at all. Though I might be able to get my friend to commission something for me.
What I watch/like: Most popular animes and games (not really a fan of One Piece though), Harry Potter, Willing to watch other animes and see if I like the characters. Not a fan of movies or Star Wars or Dr.Who
Crossdressing: If you truly think I can pull it off, sure why not?

Thanks! Sorry bout the long post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Me.jpg (143.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Me2.jpg (38.0 KB, 0 views)
Ai07091995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 08:03 AM   #18679
fresh_ums

Thanks! I complete forgot about Olivier Mira Armstrong! I think she'll be perfect.
fresh_ums is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #18680
stickmichael

Ha! I helped!
stickmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #18681
CinnamonFox

Hello everyone!
This isn't my first time cosplaying, but it's been about 4 or 5 years since I last did it. And now I want to get more serious with the hobby.

Height: 4'10"
Hair Color: Dirty Blonde, Jaw Length
Eye Color: Blue-Green
Other: Freckles (Face & Shoulders)

I have a very shy personality, so I don't wear anything that's risqué, so that's where I'm stumped. I will wear skirts that are on the short side, if I have leggings. xD I'm not in a hurry, since I just want an idea for now. I won't be attending anything until next year, hopefully. And I'm willing to study up on characters that I'm not familiar with. I have a few ideas, but I want to see what other people say first. Oh, and I wouldn't mind wearing a wig! Maybe even dying it too.

Crossplay: Yes. My first cosplay was actually Matt from Death Note, and so it was my first crossplay too!~ Two-for-one C:

As for Ai07091995: I was thinking Tomoe from Queen's Blade, Nadeko from Bakemonogatari, or Kuroneko from Ore no Imouto (If you would wear a dress ._.)
I'm really bad at this .-.
CinnamonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 10:54 PM   #18682
Hallowin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai07091995 View Post
I'm somewhat willing to wear colored contacts (I do night contacts anyway). I will not dye my hair but I want the cosplay to be "passable/decent." I won't wear a skirt or heels, boots might be okay, sandals might be okay, sneakers are great.

I've uploaded two pictures of myself (hair down and hair up). These are recent pictures.

Eyes: brown eyes, somewhat willing to wear colored contacts (though it will be my first time wearing them during the day)
Personality: Outgoing, loud, stubborn. Not one of those shy people. Planning on doing this for halloween (and comic-con I suppose).
May or Lyra from Pokemon
Hallowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 03:42 AM   #18683
EleeKIDD

Ideas? :3

Hair: Black, layered, longest layers reach my belly button
Eyes: VERY dark brown (they look black unless you look really close). I wear circle lenses from time to time.
Height: 4' 11" >.<
Budget: Hopefully less than $300? Less than $150 is ideal.
Sew: basic sewing skills but I'm willing to learn anything more advanced :3
Crossdressing: SURE! :3

Face(hair tied up..)
Face2
no circle lenses
Less makeup
Hair
Body
Just because..:'x
Just because my boyfriend and I are so cute ;3

Aha, sorry about all the pictures. xP
EleeKIDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #18684
Ai07091995

Quote:

Budget: Not entirely sure. Just give me ideas.
Sew: Nope I can't. Not at all. Though I might be able to get my friend to commission something for me.
What I watch/like: Most popular animes and games (not really a fan of One Piece though), Harry Potter, Willing to watch other animes and see if I like the characters. Not a fan of movies or Star Wars or Dr.Who
Crossdressing: If you truly think I can pull it off, sure why not?

Thanks! Sorry bout the long post.
EDIT!:
Wanting to cosplay as a known character (not one of those appears in like 3 episodes only) and don't mind cosplaying as someone relatively mysterious either. When I said loud, I meant not shy, I didn't mean obnoxious.
I'm also thinking about cosplaying as Aerith, Tifa, or Vincent Valentine (though I'm not sure I can pull it off). More suggestions?
Ai07091995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #18685
TheJesseeT
Cosplay maker & cosplayer

shining hearts cosplay: which of the two?

Hi there,
so i'm trying to figure out which character to choose between rouna and melty from shining hearts.

rouna:

melty:

me:
http://yatori-sensei.deviantart.com/#/d5ha9h5

I'm going to participate in the masquerade and I was wondering if one or the other really mattered. Wigs and eye color are not an issue, only my face is. I'm very used to doing cute characters, that's why i'm considering rouna as something different to do, but really, I don't know if I should step out of my comfort zone, though I am a bit tired of loli style. But please, when looking at my picture, please be objective and tell me which one I should do based on appearance only.

thank you so much for reading and helping =)
TheJesseeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #18686
Andy_Curls
Andrea

Quote:
EDIT!:
Wanting to cosplay as a known character (not one of those appears in like 3 episodes only) and don't mind cosplaying as someone relatively mysterious either. When I said loud, I meant not shy, I didn't mean obnoxious.
I'm also thinking about cosplaying as Aerith, Tifa, or Vincent Valentine (though I'm not sure I can pull it off). More suggestions?
In my opinion you should go for Aerith! But maybe you'll need a wig, and if you mind using one you could also try Tifa, I think your hair is fine for that character

I also came up with Taki from Soul Calibur and with Sango from Inuyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesseeT View Post
Hi there,
so i'm trying to figure out which character to choose between rouna and melty from shining hearts.

rouna:

melty:

me:

I'm going to participate in the masquerade and I was wondering if one or the other really mattered. Wigs and eye color are not an issue, only my face is. I'm very used to doing cute characters, that's why i'm considering rouna as something different to do, but really, I don't know if I should step out of my comfort zone, though I am a bit tired of loli style. But please, when looking at my picture, please be objective and tell me which one I should do based on appearance only.

Well you do hace a cute face.. but if you want to try new characters, you should! I think Melty matches better with you.. but also Rouna is great for you!

If you want other options, here are some I came up with:
Soul Calibur
Xianghua (she has other outfits)
Cassandra (she has other outfits)
Amy

Magic Knight Rayearth
Hikaru Shidou
Fuu Hououji

HOPE I'VE HELPED YOU BOTH GIRLS
SORRY FOR THE LONG POST ^^'
Andy_Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #18687
CinnamonFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesseeT View Post
Hi there,

rouna:

melty:

me:

Rouna is so cute! You should probably try cosplaying her <3
CinnamonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #18688
lilianagru

Help me!! Here's my thread http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...34#post4352534

xx
lilianagru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 02:54 PM   #18689
redsheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsheep View Post
I'm needing a cosplay to match this wig. :3 I have a con coming up and a not finished Snow White costume. And buying a new, good wig isn't really an option finance-wise.

http://www.mibba.com/data/images/pre...it-640x640.jpg

So, characters with short black hair and bangs? Preferably female.

I've already thought of Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service, Mavis from Hotel Transylvania, and Chane from Baccano (with a little styling).

Any ideas?

Or for my real hair: http://www.mibba.com/data/images/pre...it-640x640.jpg
Cause it was on the other page. :3
redsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #18690
MoChanDesu

Hello, all! Wow, so....I think I posted here a couple years ago....but I have no clue where my post would even be, and I feel I've changed a lot, so let's go at this again, yeah?

I'd rather not post my weight, really, and I'll link to a bodyshot, so the only number you should be aware of, I guess, is my height: 5'8"-9". But then again, I feel like that doesn't matter too much. Except just be aware that most heels make me tower over people, even though I do actually love wearing them *^* And then, drum-roll, please......my pictures:
reference for my current hair color
my camera-whoring collage from like, last week for face/hair cut/length (aka: my avatar...)
body-shot so recent that I took it today, actually
and then me derping in my glasses, so that you're aware of that option as well :'3

While this long enough already, I'm not done *^* It's actually been a while since I've watched anime...so I'm not familiar with a lot of titles/characters anymore. That being said, I obviously don't mind cosplaying someone I'm unfamiliar with. The con I might be attending isn't for a month or so, I think, so I have a decent amount of time to familiarize myself with someone new. However, I am extremely familiar with kpop, and decently familiar with jpop/rock. If you can't tell from from the picture, I'm a little on the....thicker side, but since it will be chilly anyways, I'm perfectly fine with some support hose under shorter bottoms if need-be :'3 Also, I have a fairly large chest, so feel free to use that, but also don't worry too much about it, because I have ways~~~ And being the poor college student that I am, I can't really spend that much on a cosplay. Contacts and a shampoo in-and-out dye for darker hair for the day is about as far as I can afford to go for drastic cosmetic changes, and it would certainly be easier on me if it were a cosplay I could put together from easy to find or even cheap/easy to make items. I do have some ability in sewing~ Also, crossplay is alright, provided I can hide my hair somehow and also have a little leeway in concealing my chest.
Quote:
TL;DR: -large chest, athletic build
-(colored) contacts and wash-in/out shampoo for darker hair is okay
-crossplay is okay for the most part
-please stay cheap and easy (i.e., easy-to-find or quick/easy to make items, no wigs)
-I'm fine with cosplaying someone I don't know very well, or even at all, because I have time to learn
-Kpop suggestions also loved, Jpop/rock accepted too :'3
~and finally, see pictures for reference.
I'm sorry that I'm long-winded, guys *^*
MoChanDesu is offline   Reply With Quote