Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3876 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 10-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #19996
TaliaRosalie
I am AWESOME OTTER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalala_leah View Post
I am looking for inexpensive, easy cosplay ideas. I am on a budget and don't have much time. I was thinking maybe using this little black dress I have and modifying it depending on the character. It has a corset top and a tutu skirt. I can add/take away as needed. Just thought it could be a good starting point.

Anyway, I am 5'4", 135 lbs, dark brown hair and brown eyes. Right now, my hair is medium length, but I can wear a wig or extensions. Also, I do have green colored contacts, so could be green-eyed.

Thank you guys. I appreciate any and all suggestions.
From your second picture, I could see you doing Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service, or Rue from Princess Tutu.

Or in reference to your dress-idea: Princess Kraehe from Princess Tutu, who just so happens to be Rue's alter ego. You even resemble her.
Red Mage - FF Tactics Advance/A2
Porom - FFIV
Jinx - LoL
WoCA Evening Gown - Christa Renz - SnK
WoCA Red Jacket, Blue Jacket - Christa Renz - SnK
Christmas Hungary - APH
Christmas Christa Renz - SnK

Upcoming Cons & Cosplays:
Holiday Matsuri 2014 - X-Mas Hungary/Belgium; WoCA: Christa Renz - Evening Gown; X-Mas Christa Renz
FreeCon 2015 - TBA
MetroCon 2015 - TBA
TaliaRosalie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #19997
wtbcomedy

What should I cosplay?

For school I have been tasked with an assignment in which i have to work throughout the year on something of our interests. I have decided to make an extremely elaborate cosplay. I have already made a proposal to my teachers, promising many different styles of fabrication, including sewing, foam styling, and possibly metalworking. I have no Idea what cosplay to fabricate, please help. My current ideas are Ezio from Assassins's Creed 2 and Siegfried from Soul Calibur IV (I have doubts about this one because I would require a wig, which i generally try to avoid). When I cosplay I generally try to lean towards characters of my body type, short male, and blonde. (Yes iv considered Edward Elric, but again the long hair. I attend an all male highschool and many already shun me because they consider me "strange"' for cosplaying, so I would like something that would be impressive. I need to make something elaborate (It has to take all year) Does anyone have any ideas for me.

Thank you for any ideas you have and I hope to hear from you all soon
wtbcomedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #19998
kikimiko

Who Should I go as??

I'm the one on the right with the bad hair day going on.
Height: 5'4 ish
Weight: about 140 lb.
Hair: long red and frizzy
Eyes: hazel
Skin: kinda pale
I would prefer nothing to skimpy and it has to cover my legs! I have glasses but I can also wear contacts. I'm not apposed to dying my hair or wearing a wig! This will also be my first cosplay so nothing too extreme please! I'm going to be buying this not making it so if possible it needs to be under $180.
I was considering going as Ririchiyo ((her demon form)) from Inu X Boku SS. Does anyone think that would be good?
Thank you very much for any help!

Last edited by kikimiko : 10-03-2013 at 01:06 PM.
kikimiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 01:28 AM   #19999
hippyhillary

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
I have done lust from FMA (with a wig, obviously) as well as a couple of literary characters. I have been told i shoudl do "the paper"/yomiko readman from read or die and ramona flowers from scott pilgirm. I am working on a ramona and i might work on a more steampunky version of yomiko (i happen to have a corset that would work for it) but I just wanted to see what else people thought I could carry. I'm 5'9" with big curves. I prefer stuff that moves well/is comfortable (keep in mind, i think that my lust is comfortable and i have a corset on underneath as well as heels) but I'm open to anything.
hippyhillary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #20000
KarakuriVitti

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikimiko View Post

I'm the one on the right with the bad hair day going on.
Height: 5'4 ish
Weight: about 140 lb.
Hair: long red and frizzy
Eyes: hazel
Skin: kinda pale
I would prefer nothing to skimpy and it has to cover my legs! I have glasses but I can also wear contacts. I'm not apposed to dying my hair or wearing a wig! This will also be my first cosplay so nothing too extreme please! I'm going to be buying this not making it so if possible it needs to be under $180.
I was considering going as Ririchiyo ((her demon form)) from Inu X Boku SS. Does anyone think that would be good?
Thank you very much for any help!
The unnamed RWBY character - http://24.media.tumblr.com/f5bc71468...yjnco1_500.png
I can see it done, I'm more or less trying to think of characters that aren't too pricy / loli looking.

I also thought of Fukawa Touko. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../f8/Fukawa.jpg She's well known, and shouldn't be expensive to put together.

There are my two suggestions. Who you want to cosplay is entirely up to you, although I do strongly suggest you wear a wig.
KarakuriVitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #20001
TaliaRosalie
I am AWESOME OTTER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt25 View Post
Well ive cosplayed a little before but nothing difficult but i would love to here you guys suggestions for me.
i am 5'10
Dark dirty blonde hair
Blue eyes
Weight 120 lbs
im 19 but look younger
thanks for any advice you give

Gonna spout off the usual: Roxas. You'd do quite well as him.
Red Mage - FF Tactics Advance/A2
Porom - FFIV
Jinx - LoL
WoCA Evening Gown - Christa Renz - SnK
WoCA Red Jacket, Blue Jacket - Christa Renz - SnK
Christmas Hungary - APH
Christmas Christa Renz - SnK

Upcoming Cons & Cosplays:
Holiday Matsuri 2014 - X-Mas Hungary/Belgium; WoCA: Christa Renz - Evening Gown; X-Mas Christa Renz
FreeCon 2015 - TBA
MetroCon 2015 - TBA
TaliaRosalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #20002
yukixcross

I'm new to cosplaying and need to think of some ideas for Megacon 2014. I really want to try crossplay even though I would be super nervous to. I am going with a girl I know who is also into crossplay, so if you guys have any gender bending couples ideas that would work too! The anime doesn't have to be popular that the character is from, as long as it's one that I at least somewhat like.

Now about me. I wear glasses, but also contacts. Can't do colored contacts unless I can also wear my prescription glasses. I'm not opposed to a wig, but would rather work with my real hair. I'm 5'7" and 125lbs. I have dark hair and hazel eyes, and I am super pale. I'm also painfully shy and awkward, so I can't imagine ever cosplaying a super outgoing or scantily clad character. I don't mind having to wear tight clothing though. Here's a pic for reference (please be gentle):
http://i39.tinypic.com/34ermgw.jpg.

Here are some of the ideas I've had if we were to do a couple, putting who I would be first:
Bridget and twin (Guilty Gear), Yukiko and Chie (Persona 4: The Animation), Nadeshiko and Nagihiko (Shugo Chara!), Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask, Levi and someone else she mentioned (Attack on Titan), gothic or sweet lolitas

And if I were to do it solo:
Yuki Nagato (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya), Lain -probably in a bear onesie- (Serial Experiments Lain), Elizabeth (Persona 3), Yuki (Future Diary), Ushiro (Bokurano) - I think Ushiro would probably be the easiest because I already look and dress so much like him, but I don't think anyone will recognize me at all because not many people have seen the anime.

Anyone have any good suggestions for who I look like I could go as?
yukixcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #20003
samantha045

Looking for ideas

I need ideas. I'm fairly new to the whole cosplay world (I did Labelle from Animal Crossing and Rapidash from pokemon both with things I had in my closet and some minor purchases)

I'm looking for any sort of area, anime, video games, ect.

I will be going to cons with a best girl friend and sometimes my boyfriend so it would be perfect to have cosplays I can do with both, like where the "love interest" isn't so important that the girl is unrecognizable without the guy.

Here are 2 pictures, one of me and one of me with my boyfriend.

I have no objection to wigs, crossplaying is iffy for me (I love dresses too much) but if it can be done in a girly way then awesome.

I'm 5'6" about 135 lbs, small bust, about armpit length darker brown hair

1.jpg

2.jpg
samantha045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 12:14 AM   #20004
Hallowin

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha045 View Post
I need ideas. I'm fairly new to the whole cosplay world (I did Labelle from Animal Crossing and Rapidash from pokemon both with things I had in my closet and some minor purchases)

I'm looking for any sort of area, anime, video games, ect.

I will be going to cons with a best girl friend and sometimes my boyfriend so it would be perfect to have cosplays I can do with both, like where the "love interest" isn't so important that the girl is unrecognizable without the guy.

Here are 2 pictures, one of me and one of me with my boyfriend.

I have no objection to wigs, crossplaying is iffy for me (I love dresses too much) but if it can be done in a girly way then awesome.

I'm 5'6" about 135 lbs, small bust, about armpit length darker brown hair

Attachment 41043

Attachment 41044
Aerith from Final Fantasy is the first one comes to my mind
And also Princess Zelda from LOZ
Holo from Spice and Wolf
What
I
Love
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Cosplay1

Cosplay2
~~~~~~~~~~~
Hallowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #20005
Camulos

I've loved cosplay for a long time, but I find it is very hard for me to find a decent cosplay for me to try

Height: 178cm
Eyes: Blue (eye colour doesn't matter to much to me for the cosplay)
Hair: Brown curly hair the runs to me neck (long hair cosplays just require hair extensions so they are ok as well, and if I was going to do a short haired cosplay, I would prefer it if they have a hood or something covering their hair and I'm happy to dye my hair if needed)
Build: average muscle mass, a bit over weight (not by much though)
Both of my ear lobes are pierced so playing a character that has an ear piercing is no problem

anime/video game/movie characters are my preferred choices for cosplay

Photo: http://i.imgur.com/BDEf8qY.jpg (i take horrible selfies D: )

If i missed any details just ask and in advanced thank you
Camulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #20006
Cilo
CLAMPfan04-1

Find me a cosplayy!

Height: 5'5"
Eyes: Greenish
Hair: Brown
Build: Average. Inverted Triangle shaped.

I prefer wigs.
I don't mind eye contacts.
Cannot walk in high heels.

Enjoys cosplaying mahou shoujo, cute, clumsy, shy or quiet, killers or victims, horror based and fantasy.
Red or copper haired characters are a favourite.
Past characters to draw ideas from are Sakura - CardCaptors. Rolo from Code Geass. Saturn from Sailor Moon. Rin and Teto from Vocaloids. Katarina and Soraka from League of Legends. Mary from Ib.

Sewing level: Novice. Can sew a 4-10 piece bodice. Can't sew a corset.
Prop level: Beginner. Made light armour for shins and lower arms.

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net...jpg?1339445363
Northwest Fan Fest
Cos & Effect
Sakura Con
PAX Prime
༝ ⋆ ༝

For updates on cosplay or artwork, take a peak at my Deviant Art!

(ᵔܫᵔ)
Cilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #20007
Yanqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylucifera View Post
Trying to get a costume together for a Halloween party (I'll also use it for my next convention).
I'd like to stick with my current hair colour, which is the pink in the pictures. I figure it's a pretty good colour to have for cosplay anyway!

Hey! I have pink hair also. Came here looking for suggestions myself that I may have blanked over.

What kind of cosplay are you into? Anime/Games/TV/Comics/???
Do you want to avoid certain types of characters or are you comfortable in anything?

Nurse Joy from Pokemon is a well recognized and easily made costume.
Is a picture necessary?
http://a.imageshack.us/img175/263/nursejoy.gif

On the more complicated end there's Madoka from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. With your long hair I'd do the ultimate version.
https://yande.re/sample/544ab199c142...3%20sample.jpg

There's Utena from Revolutionary girl utena - maybe you can find yourself an Anthy
http://static.zerochan.net/Tenjou.Utena.full.221012.jpg

Pixie from X-Men, if you're willing to haul around wings with you.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...ixie_kwest.jpg

One that I'm particularly fond of is Young Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho. She's a badass and the costume looks relatively easy to make. And comfortable. That means a lot when at a con. And your long hair would work well with her long braid too.
http://estevaomonteiro.com/yuyu/Gale...kai&toguro.jpg
http://31.media.tumblr.com/1780bbace...w0ceo1_500.gif (sorry for the gif, its just so you can see the full outfit)

There's also Gasai Yuno from Mirai Nikki. A blood splattered uniform or the black dress outfit with a sword would be awesome.
http://moe.animecharactersdatabase.c...8-90645612.jpg
http://moe.animecharactersdatabase.c...1463450411.jpg

And another pink-haired & bloody yandere is Lucy from Elfen Leid.
You could do the bandages with the helmet or the grey dress and striped socks.

Dark Lady from Sailor Moon comes to mind also...
http://www.members.tripod.com/butter...ilwithgood.jpg

That was longer than I expected, but I hope that helped you a bit.
Yanqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 12:14 AM   #20008
bleachichiruki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camulos View Post
I've loved cosplay for a long time, but I find it is very hard for me to find a decent cosplay for me to try

Height: 178cm
Eyes: Blue (eye colour doesn't matter to much to me for the cosplay)
Hair: Brown curly hair the runs to me neck (long hair cosplays just require hair extensions so they are ok as well, and if I was going to do a short haired cosplay, I would prefer it if they have a hood or something covering their hair and I'm happy to dye my hair if needed)
Build: average muscle mass, a bit over weight (not by much though)
Both of my ear lobes are pierced so playing a character that has an ear piercing is no problem

anime/video game/movie characters are my preferred choices for cosplay

Photo: http://i.imgur.com/BDEf8qY.jpg (i take horrible selfies D: )

If i missed any details just ask and in advanced thank you
Maybe Demyx from Kingdom Hearts
Yusei Fudo from Yu-Gi-Oh!
bleachichiruki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #20009
Camulos

sounds good thanks Lucky its a few months till the next cosplay event, atm i don't have the figure for them haha
does anyone else have any ideas?
Camulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #20010
Cobui

Let's see...

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 145 lbs
Hair: Red-brown
Eyes: Brown
Build: Somewhat muscular
Personality (if that figures in): Don't talk much at first, bit of a deadpan jokester when I do start talking.
Wigs/contacts: Not that dedicated yet.
Crossplay: No
Pics: Front 1 Front 2 Side

Movie, game, TV, comics, and anime (shounen/mecha) characters are all good. No Bleach or Naruto characters, please. Favorite anime are Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Attack on Titan, Darker than Black, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
Cobui is offline   Reply With Quote