Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5255 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 10-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #19996
yukixcross
Registered User
 
yukixcross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3
I'm new to cosplaying and need to think of some ideas for Megacon 2014. I really want to try crossplay even though I would be super nervous to. I am going with a girl I know who is also into crossplay, so if you guys have any gender bending couples ideas that would work too! The anime doesn't have to be popular that the character is from, as long as it's one that I at least somewhat like.

Now about me. I wear glasses, but also contacts. Can't do colored contacts unless I can also wear my prescription glasses. I'm not opposed to a wig, but would rather work with my real hair. I'm 5'7" and 125lbs. I have dark hair and hazel eyes, and I am super pale. I'm also painfully shy and awkward, so I can't imagine ever cosplaying a super outgoing or scantily clad character. I don't mind having to wear tight clothing though. Here's a pic for reference (please be gentle):
http://i39.tinypic.com/34ermgw.jpg.

Here are some of the ideas I've had if we were to do a couple, putting who I would be first:
Bridget and twin (Guilty Gear), Yukiko and Chie (Persona 4: The Animation), Nadeshiko and Nagihiko (Shugo Chara!), Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask, Levi and someone else she mentioned (Attack on Titan), gothic or sweet lolitas

And if I were to do it solo:
Yuki Nagato (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya), Lain -probably in a bear onesie- (Serial Experiments Lain), Elizabeth (Persona 3), Yuki (Future Diary), Ushiro (Bokurano) - I think Ushiro would probably be the easiest because I already look and dress so much like him, but I don't think anyone will recognize me at all because not many people have seen the anime.

Anyone have any good suggestions for who I look like I could go as?
yukixcross is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 10-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #19997
samantha045
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1
Looking for ideas

I need ideas. I'm fairly new to the whole cosplay world (I did Labelle from Animal Crossing and Rapidash from pokemon both with things I had in my closet and some minor purchases)

I'm looking for any sort of area, anime, video games, ect.

I will be going to cons with a best girl friend and sometimes my boyfriend so it would be perfect to have cosplays I can do with both, like where the "love interest" isn't so important that the girl is unrecognizable without the guy.

Here are 2 pictures, one of me and one of me with my boyfriend.

I have no objection to wigs, crossplaying is iffy for me (I love dresses too much) but if it can be done in a girly way then awesome.

I'm 5'6" about 135 lbs, small bust, about armpit length darker brown hair

1.jpg

2.jpg
samantha045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 11:14 PM   #19998
Hallowin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha045 View Post
I need ideas. I'm fairly new to the whole cosplay world (I did Labelle from Animal Crossing and Rapidash from pokemon both with things I had in my closet and some minor purchases)

I'm looking for any sort of area, anime, video games, ect.

I will be going to cons with a best girl friend and sometimes my boyfriend so it would be perfect to have cosplays I can do with both, like where the "love interest" isn't so important that the girl is unrecognizable without the guy.

Here are 2 pictures, one of me and one of me with my boyfriend.

I have no objection to wigs, crossplaying is iffy for me (I love dresses too much) but if it can be done in a girly way then awesome.

I'm 5'6" about 135 lbs, small bust, about armpit length darker brown hair

Attachment 41043

Attachment 41044
Aerith from Final Fantasy is the first one comes to my mind
And also Princess Zelda from LOZ
Holo from Spice and Wolf
__________________
^^^^^^^^^^^^
I
Love
What
I
Love
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Cosplay1

Cosplay2
~~~~~~~~~~~
Hallowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 06:31 AM   #19999
Camulos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 10
I've loved cosplay for a long time, but I find it is very hard for me to find a decent cosplay for me to try

Height: 178cm
Eyes: Blue (eye colour doesn't matter to much to me for the cosplay)
Hair: Brown curly hair the runs to me neck (long hair cosplays just require hair extensions so they are ok as well, and if I was going to do a short haired cosplay, I would prefer it if they have a hood or something covering their hair and I'm happy to dye my hair if needed)
Build: average muscle mass, a bit over weight (not by much though)
Age: 19
Both of my ear lobes are pierced so playing a character that has an ear piercing is no problem

anime/video game/movie characters are my preferred choices for cosplay

Photo: http://i.imgur.com/BDEf8qY.jpg (i take horrible selfies D: )

If i missed any details just ask and in advanced thank you
Camulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #20000
Cilo
CLAMPfan04-1
 
Cilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 261
Find me a cosplayy!

Height: 5'5"
Eyes: Greenish
Hair: Brown
Build: Average. Inverted Triangle shaped.

I prefer wigs.
I don't mind eye contacts.
Cannot walk in high heels.

Enjoys cosplaying mahou shoujo, cute, clumsy, shy or quiet, killers or victims, horror based and fantasy.
Red or copper haired characters are a favourite.
Past characters to draw ideas from are Sakura - CardCaptors. Rolo from Code Geass. Saturn from Sailor Moon. Rin and Teto from Vocaloids. Katarina and Soraka from League of Legends. Mary from Ib.

Sewing level: Novice. Can sew a 4-10 piece bodice. Can't sew a corset.
Prop level: Beginner. Made light armour for shins and lower arms.

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net...jpg?1339445363
__________________
2014 Conventions
❥· Anime Evolution Akimatsuri
❥· Emerald City Comicon
❥· Northwest Fan Fest
❥· Cos & Effect
❥· Sakura Con
❥· PAX Prime
༝ ⋆ ༝

For updates on cosplay or artwork, take a peak at my Deviant Art!

(ᵔܫᵔ)
Cilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #20001
Yanqui
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylucifera View Post
Trying to get a costume together for a Halloween party (I'll also use it for my next convention).
I'd like to stick with my current hair colour, which is the pink in the pictures. I figure it's a pretty good colour to have for cosplay anyway!


Hey! I have pink hair also. Came here looking for suggestions myself that I may have blanked over.

What kind of cosplay are you into? Anime/Games/TV/Comics/???
Do you want to avoid certain types of characters or are you comfortable in anything?

Nurse Joy from Pokemon is a well recognized and easily made costume.
Is a picture necessary?
http://a.imageshack.us/img175/263/nursejoy.gif

On the more complicated end there's Madoka from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. With your long hair I'd do the ultimate version.
https://yande.re/sample/544ab199c142...3%20sample.jpg

There's Utena from Revolutionary girl utena - maybe you can find yourself an Anthy
http://static.zerochan.net/Tenjou.Utena.full.221012.jpg

Pixie from X-Men, if you're willing to haul around wings with you.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...ixie_kwest.jpg

One that I'm particularly fond of is Young Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho. She's a badass and the costume looks relatively easy to make. And comfortable. That means a lot when at a con. And your long hair would work well with her long braid too.
http://estevaomonteiro.com/yuyu/Gale...kai&toguro.jpg
http://31.media.tumblr.com/1780bbace...w0ceo1_500.gif (sorry for the gif, its just so you can see the full outfit)

There's also Gasai Yuno from Mirai Nikki. A blood splattered uniform or the black dress outfit with a sword would be awesome.
http://moe.animecharactersdatabase.c...8-90645612.jpg
http://moe.animecharactersdatabase.c...1463450411.jpg

And another pink-haired & bloody yandere is Lucy from Elfen Leid.
You could do the bandages with the helmet or the grey dress and striped socks.

Dark Lady from Sailor Moon comes to mind also...
http://www.members.tripod.com/butter...ilwithgood.jpg

That was longer than I expected, but I hope that helped you a bit.
Yanqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 11:14 PM   #20002
bleachichiruki
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camulos View Post
I've loved cosplay for a long time, but I find it is very hard for me to find a decent cosplay for me to try

Height: 178cm
Eyes: Blue (eye colour doesn't matter to much to me for the cosplay)
Hair: Brown curly hair the runs to me neck (long hair cosplays just require hair extensions so they are ok as well, and if I was going to do a short haired cosplay, I would prefer it if they have a hood or something covering their hair and I'm happy to dye my hair if needed)
Build: average muscle mass, a bit over weight (not by much though)
Age: 19
Both of my ear lobes are pierced so playing a character that has an ear piercing is no problem

anime/video game/movie characters are my preferred choices for cosplay

Photo: http://i.imgur.com/BDEf8qY.jpg (i take horrible selfies D: )

If i missed any details just ask and in advanced thank you
Maybe Demyx from Kingdom Hearts
Yusei Fudo from Yu-Gi-Oh!
bleachichiruki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #20003
Camulos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 10
sounds good thanks Lucky its a few months till the next cosplay event, atm i don't have the figure for them haha
does anyone else have any ideas?
Camulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #20004
Cobui
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2
Let's see...

Age: 17
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 145 lbs
Hair: Red-brown
Eyes: Brown
Build: Somewhat muscular
Personality (if that figures in): Don't talk much at first, bit of a deadpan jokester when I do start talking.
Wigs/contacts: Not that dedicated yet.
Crossplay: No
Pics: Front 1 Front 2 Side

Movie, game, TV, comics, and anime (shounen/mecha) characters are all good. No Bleach or Naruto characters, please. Favorite anime are Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Attack on Titan, Darker than Black, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
Cobui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #20005
yukixcross
Registered User
 
yukixcross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobui View Post
Let's see...

Age: 17
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 145 lbs
Hair: Red-brown
Eyes: Brown
Build: Somewhat muscular
Personality (if that figures in): Don't talk much at first, bit of a deadpan jokester when I do start talking.
Wigs/contacts: Not that dedicated yet.
Crossplay: No
Pics: Front 1 Front 2 Side

Movie, game, TV, comics, and anime (shounen/mecha) characters are all good. No Bleach or Naruto characters, please. Favorite anime are Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Attack on Titan, Darker than Black, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
Even though you don't want it, the red hair and brown eyes immediately says to me Ichigo from Bleach. It'll be hard to find another red haired character though.
yukixcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #20006
fizzlyn
Registered User
 
fizzlyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11
http://25.media.tumblr.com/a23be470b...lk0ao1_500.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/59059cac9...lk0ao1_500.jpg

I'm 5'2". My eyes are brown, and so is my hair, though I'd prefer to wear wigs anyway! No contacts, though. My nose is kinda big from the side, if that helps at all.
fizzlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #20007
NJReaper
Newbie cosplayer
 
NJReaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 68
http://fubarproductions.deviantart.c...?_sid=65951960

No clue who I look like, but I'm open to opinions
NJReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 09:22 PM   #20008
contrymnon
Registered User
 
contrymnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7
I will be cosplaying for the first time this spring, but I really don't know what to dress up as, hope you guys can help me pick out a relatively hassle-free/easy, affordable cosplay for my first time
(so far i've been recommended Air Gear's girls, KuroBas' Momoi, but i'd like to browse around characters of different dynamics too, maybe someone cool/badass instead), I don't plan to cross-dress this time
i'm 19, 5ft1/156cm tall, 104 lbs/47 kg, busty, brown eyes and chest length brown hair (i'd also love to play around with contacts and wigs)
with brown contacts
without contacts
for the time being my friends and i don't plan to have a group theme to go with so i'm pretty much open to all suggestions!

Last edited by contrymnon : 10-14-2013 at 01:50 PM.
contrymnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #20009
scareecrow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1
Age: 18
Height: 1,82 cm
Weight: 65 kg
Hair: brown
Eyes: Brown
skin:white
Build: Average
Pics:
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/8937/ow4n.jpg
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4135/kpw5.jpg


This is my first cosplay , I dont know which anime/game character I look like.
I'm open to opinions!
scareecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #20010
Hallowin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by contrymnon View Post
I will be cosplaying for the first time this spring, but I really don't know what to dress up as, hope you guys can help me pick out a relatively hassle-free/easy, affordable cosplay for my first time
(so far i've been recommended Air Gear's girls, KuroBas' Momoi, but i'd like to browse around characters of different dynamics too, maybe someone cool/badass instead), I don't plan to cross-dress this time
i'm 19, 5ft1/156cm tall, 104 lbs/47 kg, busty, brown eyes and chest length brown hair (i'd also love to play around with contacts and wigs)
with brown contacts
for the time being my friends and i don't plan to have a group theme to go with so i'm pretty much open to all suggestions!
You definitely woud make a great Tifa from Final Fantasy VII
Lucy from Fairy Tail
Moka from Rosario Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by scareecrow View Post
Age: 18
Height: 1,82 cm
Weight: 65 kg
Hair: brown
Eyes: Brown
skin:white
Build: Average
Pics:
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/8937/ow4n.jpg
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4135/kpw5.jpg
This is my first cosplay , I dont know which anime/game character I look like.
I'm open to opinions!
Briefers Rock from Panty and Stocking
Yoh Asakura from Shaman King
__________________
^^^^^^^^^^^^
I
Love
What
I
Love
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Cosplay1

Cosplay2
~~~~~~~~~~~
Hallowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 PM.


Copyright 2002-2016 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.