Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3607 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 09-13-2008, 01:16 AM   #3751
Jasette
That was awkward.
 
Jasette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacaranda View Post
(Beware of slight spoilers)

Her Time-Space Witch (or Dimension Witch) outfit is the only outfit that I've seen her wear multiple times in the manga, though in the anime there's a red kimono similar to her first chapter outfit that she seems to favor quite a bit. But then again, if cleavage is an issue, she has a few outfits that don't require boob-baring, or that can be modified for modesty issues.

As for Gambino, I'd say yes to reviving it. He just has that habit of coming back over and over again. 8D
Haha, see, I'd be totally fine with that outfit. the problem with Rangiku's is that it's ONLY cleavage -- everything else is covered by really thick cloth -- so the boobs is the only place to look. It's really unbalanced. At least with that one you have her shoulders and legs to look at. Though. That weird hair thing looks like it'd be pretty awkward to deal with walking around the con... XD

I hate to bother you so much about this, but I am really interested in the idea. Do you know of any of Yuuko's outfits which you think would look particularly good on a "curvy" body type and/or with my facial features?

Re: Gambino
You are so right. It must live to BWAHAHA another day!

Last edited by Jasette : 09-13-2008 at 01:23 AM.
Jasette is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 09-13-2008, 01:20 AM   #3752
Someguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 193
Hi everyone. I doubt anyone's on this late, but I'll give it a shot. I'm a guy, about 6', maybe a little taller. I have medium length brown hair and I have no problems with cutting it/wearing a wig. I am a bigger guy, and I don't mean muscle. My previous costume was the Mad Pierrot, from an episode of Cowboy Bebop. Here is a picture of the character, so you can get a general idea. http://www.projectbag.com/cowboy_beb...ot_spike01.jpg

He's the one on the right by the way.
Thank you ahead of time.
Someguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 01:59 AM   #3753
Jasette
That was awkward.
 
Jasette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy View Post
Hi everyone. I doubt anyone's on this late, but I'll give it a shot. I'm a guy, about 6', maybe a little taller. I have medium length brown hair and I have no problems with cutting it/wearing a wig. I am a bigger guy, and I don't mean muscle. My previous costume was the Mad Pierrot, from an episode of Cowboy Bebop. Here is a picture of the character, so you can get a general idea. http://www.projectbag.com/cowboy_beb...ot_spike01.jpg

He's the one on the right by the way.
Thank you ahead of time.
Hmm. What about Akimichi Chouji of Naruto?

Depending on how comfortable with showing your arms you are, you could try Ward Zaback of FFVIII. I think he wears a different, more conservative outfit at some point in the game (an army outfit or summat), so you could look into that. I think it could be pretty good, considering you're relatively tall.
Jasette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 11:50 AM   #3754
Riiko Izawa
Registered User
 
Riiko Izawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 300
I need a few future ideas for cosplays, since I've been so confined to the few animes/mangas I know/like, I want to open up to other possible ideas.

These are REALLY bad pictures, but here we go:
http://a992.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...8286d77ec7.png

http://a163.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...ed9eb3a8ba.png
(I'm the one on the right)

Please and thank you. (:
__________________
[ Next Con: Anime Boston 2014 ]
Teen Titans - Terra
Teen Wolf - Lydia Martin

ASHLEY
Riiko Izawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 02:05 PM   #3755
Jasette
That was awkward.
 
Jasette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riiko Izawa View Post
I need a few future ideas for cosplays, since I've been so confined to the few animes/mangas I know/like, I want to open up to other possible ideas.

These are REALLY bad pictures, but here we go:
http://a992.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...8286d77ec7.png

http://a163.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...ed9eb3a8ba.png
(I'm the one on the right)

Please and thank you. (:
Based on your haircut and facial features, you could do Haruhi of Ouran or Yuffie of FFVII and various others... :3 I'd personally especially like to see her Dirge of Cerberus outfit. Because it is bomb, and not done very often.

As far as just facial features go, you probably do a great Chichiro of Spirited away!
Jasette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 03:04 PM   #3756
Pigglywiggly
Master of The Universe
 
Pigglywiggly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 101
Didnt get much of a response so thought I would try this again, I am 5'5", I weigh 135lbs and have an athletic build. I have short hair and can grow a beard pretty quick. I am down for wearing wigs or whatever, not much for platform shoes, I am pretty decent at sewing. So let me get some ideas.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...Stot/chops.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ewithmyhat.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ckandwhite.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...sunglasses.jpg
Pigglywiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 03:56 PM   #3757
Jasette
That was awkward.
 
Jasette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigglywiggly View Post
Didnt get much of a response so thought I would try this again, I am 5'5", I weigh 135lbs and have an athletic build. I have short hair and can grow a beard pretty quick. I am down for wearing wigs or whatever, not much for platform shoes, I am pretty decent at sewing. So let me get some ideas.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...Stot/chops.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ewithmyhat.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ckandwhite.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...sunglasses.jpg
None of your picture links are working for me... :s
Jasette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 04:27 PM   #3758
Jacaranda
Spastic Sagittarius
 
Jacaranda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasette View Post
I hate to bother you so much about this, but I am really interested in the idea. Do you know of any of Yuuko's outfits which you think would look particularly good on a "curvy" body type and/or with my facial features?
That caused a major brain asplosion there, i.e. mentally going back through 160 chapter's worth of Yuuko. xD

As for answer, I'm really not sure. I'm kinda clueless when it comes to things like face shape. o_o;

@Pigglywiggly: "Picture has been moved or deleted."
Jacaranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 05:45 PM   #3759
Jasette
That was awkward.
 
Jasette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacaranda View Post
That caused a major brain asplosion there, i.e. mentally going back through 160 chapter's worth of Yuuko. xD

As for answer, I'm really not sure. I'm kinda clueless when it comes to things like face shape. o_o;

@Pigglywiggly: "Picture has been moved or deleted."
XD It's okay, really. I'll probably just end up reading through the manga myself and finding something I like. :3 Thank you for your help!

Anyone else who's feeling helpful, my description and pictures were posted on page 249. I could still really use more suggestions -- especially ones where I won't have to wear a wig. :3
Jasette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 06:07 PM   #3760
Pigglywiggly
Master of The Universe
 
Pigglywiggly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 101
Hopefully this will work now



Pigglywiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 06:33 PM   #3761
Jasette
That was awkward.
 
Jasette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigglywiggly View Post
Hopefully this will work now



Yes, they work now! (:

Hmm. I would suggest:
Kyon of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Balthier of FFXII
Maes Hughes of Fullmetal Alchemist

I just know I'm forgetting someone, and I have an image in my mind, but I can't remember their name or what series they come from... ;_;
Jasette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 06:40 PM   #3762
Inodral
Registered User
 
Inodral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7
Alright I'm 5'8" weigh about 140 to 145lbs. Short hair, a little bit longer than a crew cut. Wigs and whatever are perfectly fine with me.

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/P5300003.jpg

I'm the guy and the picture is a little old but hopefully it does the job =/.
Inodral is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 06:47 PM   #3763
iRea
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6
Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

I am going to go to Anime USA as Sora (KH1 version) fairly soon.
..can anyone think of anyone else I can be that would work nicely? :3

I am open to wigs, dying my hair, cutting it, and crossplaying... prettymuch anything else, too.
I already wear contacts, so getting colored ones are not a problem for me. :3nod: :big:

I will wear prettty much anything but no really revealing outfits. Keep it pg-13 and it's cool~ :sweat:


ALSO: Is anyone else going as a KH character to Anime USA? Me and my friend (she will be Kairi) are going... we could take a group photo or something epic XD
iRea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 07:23 PM   #3764
Dubaby
Dubaby
 
Dubaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 194
Jasette here's some Yuuko outfits I found that I think would look good on a curvier body... (the second and the last two especially!)

http://media.photobucket.com/image/y...onicles016.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/y...fixedyuuko.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/y...olic0126LG.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/y...yuukoaltro.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...alt/yuuko9.jpg

Those are the ones that I found... sorry I don't know what chaoters they are from and such, but if you have a pic of it it shouldn;t be too hard to find out... and if any of them are too low-cut you can always alter it a bit...

=]
Dubaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 07:47 PM   #3765
Uberwekkness
Just wekkin' it up...
 
Uberwekkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 461
Dubaby, I think you'd make a cute Penelo
__________________
Wekkin' it up... wekk style.
Uberwekkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.