Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 11-15-2009, 03:13 PM   #9661
Second Star Cosplay
SecondStarCosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elorviel View Post
There's a few things that come to mind that you could pull off. Some of them are cliche, but I'll throw them out anyway. I think I will probably hit some things you may not know or care about.

1. You could definitely pull off an Alice from Alice in Wonderland. Do any version but the lolita kind or the bloody dark kind (sighs at the overuse). If you're into Tim Burton's interpretation with his Alice film coming up, then try for more of that look. Unfortunately, this would require you to have no wig. Cheap costume for fun maybe?

2. Lily (Evans) Potter as a student at Hogwarts. Just make sure the wig isn't an unnatural red.

3. Jane from Disney's Tarzan. Tough costume, but I've never seen a bad Jane with my own eyes.

4. Ariel from Disney's A Little Mermaid. Don't do the mermaid version though.

5. Princess Yue from Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Hope this helps!
Thanks! I actually think the Jane sounds pretty fun~ I'm a huge fan of Victorian style.
and the Alice sounds cute too~
thanks alot ^^

Follow me on Facebook! SecondStarCosplay
Second Star Cosplay is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-15-2009, 10:20 PM   #9662
Yukii Lu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukii Lu View Post
Hey
i really want to cosplay as something i look like so please help me out.

Hair: long/ dark brown
Eyes: brown
height 5'1"
Weight: 95
Not gonna crossplay O_O

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...504317_n.j pg
(in the middle)

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...476744_n.j pg
(the on in orange)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/...0-29at1511.jpg
(halloween)

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...087be2d56f.jpg
jw if i can get more suggestions and Btw Does anyone know what anime this girl is from?
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/...uLux/Anime.jpg
Yukii Lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2009, 01:35 PM   #9663
itstribbling
Lurker Extraordinaire

Hello my lovelies~! I return again! This time, I want to cosplay from either APH or Baccano and I need a little help! Pic on profile.
Age: 18 but looks a LOT younger (like 14 I've been told...)
Height:5'4"
Weight: 112?
Proportions: skinny but not flat
Eyes/hair: Brown/ light brown- open to wigs
Will do: crossplay
Won't: wear too revealing stuff (heh- biopsy scar on upper leg)
Thanks in advance!
itstribbling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2009, 07:13 AM   #9664
SHFTM-31290

Hello to everyone out there

Recently, I was given a few suggestions on who to cosplay, but that was it. The person who suggested these told me I should go for tall characters, like me.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some help on these, such as which ones are good/bad, and stuff like that. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Well, here's the list:
1. Mori - Ouran Host Club
2. Vash - Trigun
3. Ayame - Fruits Basket
4. Shigure - Fruits Basket
5. Toya - Cardcaptor Sakura
6. Kurogane - Tsubasa
SHFTM-31290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2009, 08:58 AM   #9665
Shiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
Never cosplayed before but i guess its time for a first time ^^
Here are my details:

Height: 6'2
Weight: 150 +/- pounds
Hair color: Dark Brown
Eye color: Green/Gray
Not really musclar type of guy but i could work on it.
Favourite Anime:
One Piece
Naruto
Bleach
Soul Reaper
FMA

Pictures:
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8...5688955frf.jpg
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/4...0159455hib.jpg
Myself was thinking of Zoro but if you have any other suggestions i would love to hear them! ^_^ (Thats why im here actually!)
Thanks in advance!
Didnt had any suggestions, can anyone help me please?
Shiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2009, 09:57 AM   #9666
Second Star Cosplay
SecondStarCosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunini View Post
Hello to everyone out there

Recently, I was given a few suggestions on who to cosplay, but that was it. The person who suggested these told me I should go for tall characters, like me.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some help on these, such as which ones are good/bad, and stuff like that. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Well, here's the list:
1. Mori - Ouran Host Club
2. Vash - Trigun
3. Ayame - Fruits Basket
4. Shigure - Fruits Basket
5. Toya - Cardcaptor Sakura
6. Kurogane - Tsubasa

well it also depends on how your going at this. You want to go with characters you look like and could probebly pull off very well? Or just more of the fun casual type and choosing a character you like. even if you don't have that "look"
so maybe a picture of yourself would help others choose characters too?

Unread 11-17-2009, 09:59 AM   #9667
Second Star Cosplay
SecondStarCosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstribbling View Post
Hello my lovelies~! I return again! This time, I want to cosplay from either APH or Baccano and I need a little help! Pic on profile.
Age: 18 but looks a LOT younger (like 14 I've been told...)
Height:5'4"
Weight: 112?
Proportions: skinny but not flat
Eyes/hair: Brown/ light brown- open to wigs
Will do: crossplay
Won't: wear too revealing stuff (heh- biopsy scar on upper leg)
Thanks in advance!
I've been thinking about this one...
and I think you could possibly make a cute Rikku. maybe her FFX version? or since you don't want to go with some too revealing like her obvious Theif dressphere, what about another one? Like Trainer, or Black Mage?
look kinda like her and would be really cool too ^^

or someone else could be Komugi from Nurse Witch Komugi.
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/anime/10/4224.jpg (pink dress)
its a really hilarious anime.

Last edited by Second Star Cosplay : 11-17-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Unread 11-17-2009, 10:14 AM   #9668
Tsunny
Konnichiwa! (=W=)/

http://s675.photobucket.com/albums/v...tuffs/?start=0
Link to my photo.(There is some pictures of my wig in there)

Do I look like anyone? (Both male and female are okay for me! Even though I had not tried binding yet...)
It would help a lot if anyone could point out who I can cosplay as!

Extra info:
I am 155cm, and not very busty nor flat...(Like, B?) Short black hair(original) with bangs(might consider cutting it).
I do not mind cutting my hair...
If any other pictures is needed, please tell me! (Like, front,side,back views...?)

Thank you for the help!
Tsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2009, 04:55 PM   #9669
Elorviel
n00b

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...00622_9914.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...012384_529.jpg

So I'm kind of dead in ideas for who to be at future cons. I am actually trying out crossplay with Switzerland from Hetalia, but I don't know if I can pull it off. I really think my face is too girly. I'm open to any suggestions though! I am a bit conservative in what I wear, so I probably won't take any suggestions to characters in skimpy outfits.

I like doing generally overlooked characters either in cosplay or in whatever they're part of because I am camera shy and tend to not like to have too many pictures taken of me. I just like making costumes and dressing up.

What I've done/will be doing:
~Theresa from Fable II
~Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail
~Switzerland from Axis Powers Hetalia
~Megara from Disney's Hercules

Stats:
~Longish brown hair (some say red, some say blonde, but I think brown is more like it)
~I haven't weighed myself in a while, so I have no idea how much I weigh, but just know I'm no skinny person (so no bare belly characters! ew)
~height: 5'6"
~eyes: usually greenish grey

Thanks for your help guys!
Elorviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2009, 06:42 PM   #9670
jiffyspiffy
Quit

Elorvial : i would suggest some kind of disney character maybe like belle or tinkerbell if you're into that kind of think.
as far as anime wise goes..maybe tohru honda of fruits basket..or...mew berry of toko al la mode : )
jiffyspiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2009, 10:50 PM   #9671
tanooki kim

kk here i go who do you think i look most like or could pull off best (im a girl i do crossdress though)
eyes: various shades of brown but change to green
hair: sandy blonde
skin: heheheh im really white but tan easily
height: about 160 cm
build: im like skinny haha 23.5 to 24in around the hips i dont know about my waist though
hmm any questions just ask
also who do you think i should go as to an anime con black star or tsubaki from soul eater oh yeah i weigh 107 can wear wigs and contacts

Last edited by tanooki kim : 11-17-2009 at 11:07 PM.
tanooki kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2009, 11:00 PM   #9672
XuzumakiXsoraX

hi i am going to try this again because i keep getting lost DX
hair:curently really dark red almost black
height: i am 5'3and a half
weight:i am a little above average
eye colour: blue
skin tone: really pale

i plan on wearing wigs and willing to wear contacts
please some one help i am confuzed
XuzumakiXsoraX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 01:21 AM   #9673
FumikoSan
Shooting Star

Hello guys, I'm looking for ideas! :3

Eyes: Dark Brown.
Hair: Dark Brown. A little past my shoulders. I'm willing to buy wigs, but I prefer to use my real hair or the wig I have at the moment ;^; (I'm too poor to buy a good wig now)
Height: 5'5" (a little more than 1.65cm)
Weight: About 121lb I think? (55kg)
Build: I think I have the "average anime girl" type of body, but I'll let you decide that ^^U

Pictures: I look like this with long hair. I look like this with my real hair.

Etc.: I'd prefer stay away from crossplay, skimpy outfits and contacts if possible. I always get Rukia, Sailor Mars and Saturn, Tifa and Rinoa xD So please don't say those. (I'll get Rukia soon, don't worry xD) Now in my country is SUMMER so I'd like to think some summer outfits too ^_^

Cosplays I've done: Haruhi Suzumiya, Mikoto Suoh, Kagura Sohma, Mio Akiyama and Amu Hinamori.
Waiting List: Mayuri 50% ☆ Yukiko 50% ☆ Nayuki 40% ☆ Haruhi (Ultra Hero) 20%
Planned: Rena

Last edited by FumikoSan : 11-26-2009 at 01:31 AM.
FumikoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 06:06 AM   #9674
yukina_2
innocent angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai-chi View Post
Wahh ~! You robbed some of my words!

Anyhoo, your photo's are adorable! Which makes me think that you will need an adorable character to cosplay! ;D

Someone maybe like Hagumi from honey and clover? She is soooooo cute! (you would need a wig though!)
Ayu Tsukimiya from Kanon is also cute beyond cute! And also short, but again, a wig is in need
Yuka Uchida from Minami Ke is adorable too ~!
Mei Sunohara from clannad is cute and has black hair!
Or maybe Machi? form Nagasarete Airanto.

But yeah, these are just a few thoughts, I don't know whether you agree or not! xD But I hope I've helped somewhat!
Sorry about that dear xD. Thanks for the help! I don't know some of the characters you posted but I'll go check them out. I can't thank you enough! )

Anyone else got suggestions?

oh boy another year of hard work on seemingly impossible costumes...
yukina_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 08:54 AM   #9675
neoPootling
*regular doer of good*

Legatosgurl: Whoa, first of all, you totally remind me of my middle school history + journalism teacher! Anyway I think red is a good color for you ^^ Therefore: Momo from Breath of Fire III, or Juliet from Romeo x Juliet.

Red Chrono: I vote for Ikuto ^^

Rikku92: I second the Alice suggestion! Other than that, one of Sheryl Nome’s outfits from Macross Frontier, Mint from Tales of Phantasia, Elwing from Shining Tears, Estell from Magna Carta.

Lady Lore: Hmm, female-wise, Yumeru from Valkyrie Profile. For crossplay, Capeta from Capeta.

Yukii Lu: The link to the ‘anime girl’ doesn’t seem to work for me. Anyway, the tones of gold and yellow in the Halloween costume photo reminded me of Princess Ok-Soo from The Myth (a 2005 Jackie Chan movie), especially in this scene where she performs a dance for Jackie’s character. Other characters I think you can do quite well: Riddel from Chrono Cross, Sachiko from Maria-sama ga Miteru.

Itstribbling: For Hetalia and Baccano, which characters are you leaning towards? I’m assuming the blonde ones? If so, Baccano’s Miria would be pretty snazzy. Other than those two titles though, if you feel like slicing yourself some bangs, I think you’d make a cool Chelsea Rorec from Tokyo Underground! Also, I think something with an elvish flavor would work well for you too, like Deedlit from Record of Lodoss War, or Legolas from Lord of the Rings.

Aunini: According to your older posts I’ve gathered that you stand some six feet seven inches tall lol, so my suggestion would be to take on a character with a full presence, and dominating air >;3 With that said, out of your list, Vash would be most excellent followed closely by Kurogane ^^ I could also nudge you in the direction of maybe Alucard from Hellsing or The King of All Cosmos from Katamari Damacy.

Shiyo: Holy crap, you are sooo Zorg from the Fifth Element! … but honestly I think Zoro would be splendid for you ^^

Tsunny: Lots of cuteness going on! I also think with your type of eyebrow structure, there’s potential to do a nice, mellowed out/ stoic kind of character. On top of that, depending on how you feel like styling the wig, which may or may not mean physically cutting away at it, you can go for Wolfram from Kyou Kara Maou, Honey-senpai from Ouran Host Club, or Howl from Howl’s Moving Castle ^^ All crossplays, but they’ve each got their own measure of charm, petite-ness and fire-burning passion!

Elorviel: You’ve got such a deliciously lush head of hair ^^ And I think Meg should be on the top of your list ^^ As generally overlooked characters go, one of Estelle Bright’s costumes from the Sora no Kiseki series, and (also another character named) Meg from Suikoden II.

Tanooki kim: Due to my love of Tony Taka and the Shining series, I’m going to have to keep pushing for these characters XD so please excuse the selfishness on my part ^^ Kureha from Shining Tears x Wind. And I vote for Tsubaki!

XuzumakiXsoraX: Hard to visualize exactly how close to black from red your hair is, (perhaps tinged a dark burgundy?) but maybe Kallen from Code Geass? But since you’re willing to contact and wig it up, I will yet again throw out characters I would like to see out in the cosplay fray more: Hibari Ginza from Speed Grapher, and Koda Kumi’s pale turquoise elevator girl outfit from her “BUT” PV.

FumikoSan: Your photos give off a fresh, bright-eyed and bushy tailed, yet a relatively calm and collected feeling at the same time ^^ How about taking it back old school with Ayeka from Tenchi Muyo?! With summer in mind, there’s also Sumire Kanzaki from Sakura Taisen (she has a bunch of different styles/ outfits).

Yukina_2: Sakuya from Okami! Then you can tote around a cute amaterasu wolfie plushie ^^

Last edited by neoPootling : 11-18-2009 at 10:12 AM. Reason: added more peeps
neoPootling is offline   Reply With Quote