Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2406 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 11-17-2009, 05:42 PM   #9676
jiffyspiffy
Quit

Elorvial : i would suggest some kind of disney character maybe like belle or tinkerbell if you're into that kind of think.
as far as anime wise goes..maybe tohru honda of fruits basket..or...mew berry of toko al la mode : )
jiffyspiffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-17-2009, 09:50 PM   #9677
tanooki kim

kk here i go who do you think i look most like or could pull off best (im a girl i do crossdress though)
eyes: various shades of brown but change to green
hair: sandy blonde
skin: heheheh im really white but tan easily
height: about 160 cm
build: im like skinny haha 23.5 to 24in around the hips i dont know about my waist though
hmm any questions just ask
also who do you think i should go as to an anime con black star or tsubaki from soul eater oh yeah i weigh 107 can wear wigs and contacts

Last edited by tanooki kim : 11-17-2009 at 10:07 PM.
tanooki kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2009, 10:00 PM   #9678
XuzumakiXsoraX

hi i am going to try this again because i keep getting lost DX
hair:curently really dark red almost black
height: i am 5'3and a half
weight:i am a little above average
eye colour: blue
skin tone: really pale

i plan on wearing wigs and willing to wear contacts
please some one help i am confuzed
XuzumakiXsoraX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 12:21 AM   #9679
FumikoSan
Shooting Star

Hello guys, I'm looking for ideas! :3

Eyes: Dark Brown.
Hair: Dark Brown. A little past my shoulders. I'm willing to buy wigs, but I prefer to use my real hair or the wig I have at the moment ;^; (I'm too poor to buy a good wig now)
Height: 5'5" (a little more than 1.65cm)
Weight: About 121lb I think? (55kg)
Build: I think I have the "average anime girl" type of body, but I'll let you decide that ^^U

Pictures: I look like this with long hair. I look like this with my real hair.

Etc.: I'd prefer stay away from crossplay, skimpy outfits and contacts if possible. I always get Rukia, Sailor Mars and Saturn, Tifa and Rinoa xD So please don't say those. (I'll get Rukia soon, don't worry xD) Now in my country is SUMMER so I'd like to think some summer outfits too ^_^

Cosplays I've done: Haruhi Suzumiya, Mikoto Suoh, Kagura Sohma, Mio Akiyama and Amu Hinamori.
Waiting List: Mayuri 50% ☆ Yukiko 50% ☆ Nayuki 40% ☆ Haruhi (Ultra Hero) 20%
Planned: Rena

Last edited by FumikoSan : 11-26-2009 at 12:31 AM.
FumikoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 05:06 AM   #9680
yukina_2
innocent angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai-chi View Post
Wahh ~! You robbed some of my words!

Anyhoo, your photo's are adorable! Which makes me think that you will need an adorable character to cosplay! ;D

Someone maybe like Hagumi from honey and clover? She is soooooo cute! (you would need a wig though!)
Ayu Tsukimiya from Kanon is also cute beyond cute! And also short, but again, a wig is in need
Yuka Uchida from Minami Ke is adorable too ~!
Mei Sunohara from clannad is cute and has black hair!
Or maybe Machi? form Nagasarete Airanto.

But yeah, these are just a few thoughts, I don't know whether you agree or not! xD But I hope I've helped somewhat!
Sorry about that dear xD. Thanks for the help! I don't know some of the characters you posted but I'll go check them out. I can't thank you enough! )

Anyone else got suggestions?

oh boy another year of hard work on seemingly impossible costumes...
yukina_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 07:54 AM   #9681
neoPootling
*regular doer of good*

Legatosgurl: Whoa, first of all, you totally remind me of my middle school history + journalism teacher! Anyway I think red is a good color for you ^^ Therefore: Momo from Breath of Fire III, or Juliet from Romeo x Juliet.

Red Chrono: I vote for Ikuto ^^

Rikku92: I second the Alice suggestion! Other than that, one of Sheryl Nome’s outfits from Macross Frontier, Mint from Tales of Phantasia, Elwing from Shining Tears, Estell from Magna Carta.

Lady Lore: Hmm, female-wise, Yumeru from Valkyrie Profile. For crossplay, Capeta from Capeta.

Yukii Lu: The link to the ‘anime girl’ doesn’t seem to work for me. Anyway, the tones of gold and yellow in the Halloween costume photo reminded me of Princess Ok-Soo from The Myth (a 2005 Jackie Chan movie), especially in this scene where she performs a dance for Jackie’s character. Other characters I think you can do quite well: Riddel from Chrono Cross, Sachiko from Maria-sama ga Miteru.

Itstribbling: For Hetalia and Baccano, which characters are you leaning towards? I’m assuming the blonde ones? If so, Baccano’s Miria would be pretty snazzy. Other than those two titles though, if you feel like slicing yourself some bangs, I think you’d make a cool Chelsea Rorec from Tokyo Underground! Also, I think something with an elvish flavor would work well for you too, like Deedlit from Record of Lodoss War, or Legolas from Lord of the Rings.

Aunini: According to your older posts I’ve gathered that you stand some six feet seven inches tall lol, so my suggestion would be to take on a character with a full presence, and dominating air >;3 With that said, out of your list, Vash would be most excellent followed closely by Kurogane ^^ I could also nudge you in the direction of maybe Alucard from Hellsing or The King of All Cosmos from Katamari Damacy.

Shiyo: Holy crap, you are sooo Zorg from the Fifth Element! … but honestly I think Zoro would be splendid for you ^^

Tsunny: Lots of cuteness going on! I also think with your type of eyebrow structure, there’s potential to do a nice, mellowed out/ stoic kind of character. On top of that, depending on how you feel like styling the wig, which may or may not mean physically cutting away at it, you can go for Wolfram from Kyou Kara Maou, Honey-senpai from Ouran Host Club, or Howl from Howl’s Moving Castle ^^ All crossplays, but they’ve each got their own measure of charm, petite-ness and fire-burning passion!

Elorviel: You’ve got such a deliciously lush head of hair ^^ And I think Meg should be on the top of your list ^^ As generally overlooked characters go, one of Estelle Bright’s costumes from the Sora no Kiseki series, and (also another character named) Meg from Suikoden II.

Tanooki kim: Due to my love of Tony Taka and the Shining series, I’m going to have to keep pushing for these characters XD so please excuse the selfishness on my part ^^ Kureha from Shining Tears x Wind. And I vote for Tsubaki!

XuzumakiXsoraX: Hard to visualize exactly how close to black from red your hair is, (perhaps tinged a dark burgundy?) but maybe Kallen from Code Geass? But since you’re willing to contact and wig it up, I will yet again throw out characters I would like to see out in the cosplay fray more: Hibari Ginza from Speed Grapher, and Koda Kumi’s pale turquoise elevator girl outfit from her “BUT” PV.

FumikoSan: Your photos give off a fresh, bright-eyed and bushy tailed, yet a relatively calm and collected feeling at the same time ^^ How about taking it back old school with Ayeka from Tenchi Muyo?! With summer in mind, there’s also Sumire Kanzaki from Sakura Taisen (she has a bunch of different styles/ outfits).

Yukina_2: Sakuya from Okami! Then you can tote around a cute amaterasu wolfie plushie ^^

Last edited by neoPootling : 11-18-2009 at 09:12 AM. Reason: added more peeps
neoPootling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 08:25 AM   #9682
Shiyo

Haha thanks neoPootling, never heard of him tho! ^^
Shiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 10:50 AM   #9683
Yukii Lu

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoPootling View Post
Yukii Lu: The link to the ‘anime girl’ doesn’t seem to work for me. Anyway, the tones of gold and yellow in the Halloween costume photo reminded me of Princess Ok-Soo from The Myth (a 2005 Jackie Chan movie), especially in this scene where she performs a dance for Jackie’s character. Other characters I think you can do quite well: Riddel from Chrono Cross, Sachiko from Maria-sama ga Miteru.
Sorry about that...this link should work
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/...uLux/Anime.jpg
Yukii Lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 01:31 PM   #9684
akimizu

Hello!
I've not been cosplaying for a long time, but I'm not a great judge at comparisons, or who I could pull off playing (especially as I'm tall).

Height: 178 cm
Weight: Unsure ^^"
Eye colour: Green-ish (can change to orange)
Hair colour: Brown
Build: A slender build
Skin tone: Pale... horribly pale

Got a couple of photos, not great sorry ^^"
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...-tamichael.jpg
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/a...n/P6130017.jpg

Previously done:
Ayu Tsukimiya (Kanon) - I know, the height was a problem ^^"
Puchiko (Di Gi Charat)

Thanks in advance
3rd costume = Gothic Alice in Wonderland, the white rabbit
4th costume = Mikuru Asahina Battle Waitress

Planned Costumes
Kotomi Ichinose - Clannad (?)
akimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 02:40 PM   #9685
Tsunny
Konnichiwa! (=W=)/

Thank you neoPootling. (: I think I'll try Wolfram!
Tsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 02:45 PM   #9686
Elorviel
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffyspiffy View Post
Elorvial : i would suggest some kind of disney character maybe like belle or tinkerbell if you're into that kind of think.
as far as anime wise goes..maybe tohru honda of fruits basket..or...mew berry of toko al la mode : )
Those are pretty good suggestions! I don't really know mew berry, though, but I'll look it up!

Thank you very much!
Elorviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 03:21 PM   #9687
FumikoSan
Shooting Star

neoPuttling: Those characters are so cute and you got my personality totally right haha ^___^ Thank you!

akimizu: You should totally do Yukari Hayasaka from Paradise Kiss or Sakaki-san from Azumanga Daioh ^_^

Elorviel: I think you'd make an adorable Mikuru Asahina from Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya!

tanooki kim: I think you should do somebody from Hetalia, since they have a loooot of blonde characters ^^ Maybe Latvia or Norway?
Waiting List: Mayuri 50% ☆ Yukiko 50% ☆ Nayuki 40% ☆ Haruhi (Ultra Hero) 20%
Planned: Rena

Last edited by FumikoSan : 11-18-2009 at 03:25 PM.
FumikoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 03:30 PM   #9688
AJolliff

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...0&id=704496448

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...0&id=704496448

/\Me
I'm 6'1', 200 lbs., really dark brown hair, really broad shoulders (don't know if that helps) really like jiro mochizuki but I don't have the build for him at all

Any help people?
AJolliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 06:42 PM   #9689
LiWaLETHALITY

Well, here's my face... I was wondering what you guys think I should cosplay. I'm not 'skinny' but I'm not 'fat' either, kind of in between... so yeah.

Eyes: Dark Blue Green
Hair: Medium Brown
Height: 5'6"
Weight: Oh my... over 200, I'm afraid... though it's evenly distributed, a bit more on my butt though. ._.
Build: Body shape would be 'pear' and I have a long waist, my ankles are kind of well, stumpy you could say (the kind of ankles that look terrible in leggings, I'm sure someone here can sympathise. ^^; ))

Of course wigs and contacts are possibilities. ^^

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/a...yspacePic2.jpg
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...4b7c754b34.jpg
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...9da08bde49.jpg
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...5f2df27518.jpg
LiWaLETHALITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2009, 01:25 PM   #9690
akimizu

Thanks Fumikosan! They're good suggestions!
3rd costume = Gothic Alice in Wonderland, the white rabbit
4th costume = Mikuru Asahina Battle Waitress

Planned Costumes
Kotomi Ichinose - Clannad (?)
akimizu is offline   Reply With Quote