Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3635 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 05-23-2010, 03:06 AM   #11791
KratosAurion28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinglebrarian View Post
@Pandaplushie: Ah, I’ve gotten the Mio from K-ON before! XD Thanks for the suggestion.
@Firefly026: Yuko is pretty awesome looking! XD For you, I would suggest ... maybe Beatrice from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni?
@M.Haninozuka: Oh my god, you are so adorable! XD You could do a million different characters...
@Snarky: You are too kind to me. ^^ If your BF has the Ranma costume already, I suggest going for it and doing the Ranma/Akane one! You’d get a lot of positive attention from congoers, since Ranma 1/2 is such a fun and well-known anime. <3 Plus, you have such gentle eyes, you’d make a really convincing Chii!
@KratosAurion28: Sure! Kyo from Furuba is an interesting character; one of the main ones! He is lovable, but when you first meet him, he is quick to anger, rude, and spunky. He ends up being a very complex character, though, as the series progresses. He is very emotional and a passionate redhead kind of guy, but it’s because he’s so darn sensitive that he reacts that way. He is a strong fighter and strives for recognition and acceptance! He has a dark past then ends up being redeemed later on, and opening up a gentler side to him which is adorable. He is probably 70% of why Fruits Basket is so successful!
@Blood_sword: I did! It made me think of maybe Saber, from Fate/Stay Night! (If you do that, I will cosplay as Rin Tohsaka and we can go as a set! LOL.) Also, I thought of Marjery Daw from Shakugan no Shana, or Robin from Witch Hunter Robin (you would need a wig, but you have the skin, eyes, and photogenic attitude for it). Thanks for your suggestions! Let me know if you remember any others.
@TheAnimeKid: AH! But, if you wanted to, you could, uh, stuff your bra. XD Even if you have a small chest, Tsunade’s bosoms could be imitated through creative stuffing... but, really, if you’re okay with wigs, I think you could make a super cute Usagi from Sailor Moon!
@Renci: Ah, I see! I really like the idea of being Skuld! thank you for these suggestions, I am researching them now!
Thanks for the facts. I think I put what suggestions I have got so far I can think of Ed Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist, Yu Kanda from D.Gray Man and Kyo from Fruit Basket, and Kratos Aurion from Tales of Symphonia. What do you think of those? ^^

Btw, seen my suggestion?

In progress:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Link

Next con: -- (-- - --) --
KratosAurion28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-23-2010, 10:46 AM   #11792
Jinglebrarian
Jingles!

@Tifaia: Ah, you’re welcome! Thanks for the suggestions, I really like Raquel Casull!
I just wonder if Sailor Mars has been done a little too much... OH WELL. XD
@UrMastrInuYasha: Hmm... Naraku from Inuyasha?! XD I thought of it because of your username! But, you would need an epic wig!
@KratosAurion: I’m such a space cadet! xD I didn’t see your suggestion? By the way, I think the three you picked out are really good picks! You’ll rock those, surely. ^^
Unread 05-23-2010, 11:44 AM   #11793
dearberry

ertbgaetr

I'm not new to cosplaying, but I haven't done A LOT...sooo. >.<
I've been Rukia from Bleach, Yuuki from VK, and Movie!Misa from Death Note.
I'm 4'10"-4'11"ish, veryveryvery short, around 100-105 pounds, and extremely flat chested with lack of curves so crossplaying would be easy for me. If it's a super tight costume, I do know how to bind my chest, though. I'm Korean and Indian (and a mess of other things). Brown eyes (open to contacts, though I'd rather not spend the money on them) with Black hair on top and Blue underneath but dying my hair darker is no problem. I'm also fine with wigs (though I'd prefer to use my natural hair, unless it's a really light color like blond or pink etc). I'm naturally kind of tan-ish, so I'm not too sure if light colored hair like that would look good on me anyway. I'm really good with make-up.
Sooo...suggestions?
This is me. c:

I don't have any really good pictures of just my face and me normally and stuff, so I'll post three really different pictures so you get the idea. Hahah.
Please help. c:?
dearberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2010, 12:58 PM   #11794
UrMastrInuYasha
Baka

Quote:
@UrMastrInuYasha: Hmm... Naraku from Inuyasha?! XD I thought of it because of your username! But, you would need an epic wig!
Ahahah, I haven't done InuYasha cosplay in a long time, I prefer not to again xD

UrMastrInuYasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2010, 01:15 PM   #11795
Renci
あれ?

I have black hair, around 5'7", and I weigh 140lbs.
I exercise.. and I don't mind growing or cutting my hair ^^;
I've only cosplayed once and that was Gackt.
Can someone please help me? T-T

Quote:
@Renci: Ah, I see! I really like the idea of being Skuld! thank you for these suggestions, I am researching them now!
Jinglebrarian: You're welcome ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrMastrInuYasha View Post
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/punkrobot/Photos%20of%20me/pici14.jpg
Help! D:
UrMastrInuYasha: Hmm, you do have brown hair. Maybe Syaoran from Card Captor Sakura?
Just grow it and you'll have a good length for anime hair, then you can pretty much cosplay as any male character with brown hair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearberry View Post
Please help. c:?
dearberry: It almost looks like theres different people in each of your pics lol ^^;
I mean, in the first pic you look asian and in the last one you look white.
In that case though, I think if you dye your hair you can pretty much look like any anime girl.
I will try to think of some!
Renci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #11796
UrMastrInuYasha
Baka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renci View Post
UrMastrInuYasha: Hmm, you do have brown hair. Maybe Syaoran from Card Captor Sakura?
Just grow it and you'll have a good length for anime hair, then you can pretty much cosplay as any male character with brown hair!
Well, It's really curly, Frizzy and hard to control. I can only grow it so long because of work though Thanks though! Anyone else have any input?

UrMastrInuYasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #11797
KratosAurion28

Quote:
@Tifaia: Ah, you’re welcome! Thanks for the suggestions, I really like Raquel Casull!
I just wonder if Sailor Mars has been done a little too much... OH WELL. XD
@KratosAurion: I’m such a space cadet! xD I didn’t see your suggestion? By the way, I think the three you picked out are really good picks! You’ll rock those, surely. ^^
This I wrote before "By looking at your pic the first instant thought I got was Kikyo from Inuyasha. You would be pretty loveable Kikyo ^^"

Thanks I picked 4, but mostly I want to go as Kratos Aurion, Yu Kanda and Ed Elric.

In progress:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Link

Next con: -- (-- - --) --
KratosAurion28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #11798
dearberry

Renci haha, yeah, i don't have a super recent picture of me, so i had to post those three. I'm part Asian, but I really don't look as Asian as I do in that picture in real life, but I mean, you can mostly tell. The other two...I dunno. Hahah. But they're all me. I need a better picture for this. hehe.
And Thanks! ^^
dearberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2010, 03:59 PM   #11799
ekf501

UrMastrInuYasha: supposing you're with no costume on in the pic lol then I'd have to say you look very much like Maes Hughes to me from Full Metal Alchemist with your facial hair and body type. It was the first character to pop into my mind.

Renci: as soon as I saw your face and your dark hair I thought of Yu Kanda from D.Gray Man. I know you said you'd be ok to grow your hair but lol with Kanda's length you'd probably need a wig.

Hope that helps abit, any more suggestions for me? I'd REALLLY appreciate them!
ekf501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #11800
ViewtifulV
opposite of BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renci View Post
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_kzxtkUE_QAE/S-C4muazVJI/AAAAAAAAABM/lmEtaCkM35s/s512/aoikuroi.jpg
I have black hair, around 5'7", and I weigh 140lbs.
I exercise.. and I don't mind growing or cutting my hair ^^;
I've only cosplayed once and that was Gackt.
Can someone please help me? T-T
I first thought of Kei from Gantz... probably because I'm re-reading it but Gantz cosplay would be cool nonetheless XD

----

Does anyone have any shota characters to suggest? I'm leaning towards Schrodinger from Hellsing but... I'd like to think of other options first, there's just something weird about walking around with a swatiska haha. My friends suggested Hunny from Host Club or Sealand from Hetalia already.

this is pretty much me at my best "orz

I'm a swimmer so my skin is dark :T 4'10", around 100 lbs. I have a short male black wig, but I'm cool with buying more lolol

SEKIJITSU

If anyone sees me at AX, say "hi"! ;D even though you probably won't know who I am...
ViewtifulV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2010, 07:20 AM   #11801
AyumiSEASONS

Augh I feel like I should look around before posting on here now, rofl.

Height: 5'9
willing to wear wigs
Eyes: Blue
I have glasses and cannot wear contacts.. (Though I thought I could just take off my glasses for pictures) and am on the bigger side but trying to knock it down..

It's my most recent picture but I took it with my cell so its kinda blurry
AyumiSEASONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2010, 06:26 PM   #11802
blindassassin

Hey guys! I wanted to try my hand at cosplay so I wanted to know if there any suggestions for what characters I look like. Unfortunately I didn't realize that I only have 3 weeks or so before the con so I need something that I can finish pretty quickly.

Height: 4' 11"
Weight: 100
Hair: Long dark brown/black hair with side swept bangs
Wigs: I would rather not have to buy one, but up for any suggestions at this point.

I posted up two pictures for reference, since I couldn't find one that was a good example. Please help me out~

blindassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2010, 03:35 AM   #11803
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindassassin View Post
Hey guys! I wanted to try my hand at cosplay so I wanted to know if there any suggestions for what characters I look like. Unfortunately I didn't realize that I only have 3 weeks or so before the con so I need something that I can finish pretty quickly.

Height: 4' 11"
Weight: 100
Hair: Long dark brown/black hair with side swept bangs
Wigs: I would rather not have to buy one, but up for any suggestions at this point.

I posted up two pictures for reference, since I couldn't find one that was a good example. Please help me out~

You'd make an adorable Da Qiao from the Dynasty Warriors games. <3
But her costumes maybe is too hard to do on such short time?

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version
Eren Yeager (casual outfit) - Attack on Titan

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Yukicon (10-11 January 2015)
SAT ???
SUN ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2010, 09:49 AM   #11804
Mohrigan

@Dearberry
Lenalee - http://ryusaki.r.y.pic.centerblog.net/37wayypk.jpg
Tenma Tsukamoto - http://static1.animepaper.net/upload...ES__131708.jpg
Iori Yoshizuki - http://static.benippon.net/magento/m...iYoshizuki.jpg
Shizuka Masuda - http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_egLXHQSHCo...l-Approach.jpg

@Renci
From naruto if you liek it you can do Neji or Sasuke in wichever way original or shipudeden http://www.najblog.com/media/4845/20...Neji%20002.jpg | https://jzool.com/images/P/SKU17975_1.jpg
Reno - http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images...16352/reno.jpg
Versus - http://img185.imageshack.us/i/ff2hl5.jpg/
Byakuya Kuchiki - http://media.photobucket.com/image/B...Tru_Colorz.jpg

@AyumiSEASONS gonna do some research for your suggestions

@Blindassassin
haha u so cutee!!
Olette - http://gamedepiction.com/media2/kh2-olette.jpg
Iori - http://powerofbeingasian.com/wp-cont...play094oa2.jpg
and i agree w Da Qiao!! but looks so hard hahaa
Ling Xiaoyu - http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0...ling_large.jpg

Unread 05-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #11805
jujubee33
Neeeeeeerd!

Technically I'm doing this for two people, so I hope I don't get in trouble, rather than double posting. We're just lost on ideas, especially him. This year we're doing Morrigan from Dragon Age: Origins, and Altair from Assassin's Creed, but would like to get character ideas for the future. Open to anime, games, movies, and comic characters.

For my fiance and I, as seen in this image. It's a bit old, but works the best still:

Me:
Height: 5'3
Weight: 150lbs (pear shaped)
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown, shoulder blade length (soon to be red)
Wigs: Sure
I wear glasses, but can wear contacts. I'd rather not wear colored ones, they're very heavy and my eyes don't seem to like them.

Him:
Height: 5'7
Weight: 190lbs (muscular broad build)
Eyes: Hazel (Can be green, grey, or brown, depending on lighting and what he wears)
Hair: Long (mid back ponytail) brown
Wig: We'd have to. He loves his hair too much to chop it off.
Facial Hair: No beard, but slight goatee now.

Last edited by jujubee33 : 05-25-2010 at 01:27 PM.
jujubee33 is offline   Reply With Quote