Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3903 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-09-2011, 11:14 PM   #14401
Firefly026
Everybody get dangerous

The Motherland: Xerxes Break from Pandora Hearts, Yin from Darker than Black, Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII, Kadaj from Final Fantasy Advent Children, Death the Kid from Soul Eater.

Xx:Skittlez:xX: Fang from Final Fantasy XIII, Rose from Fullmetal Alchemist, Road from D.Gray-Man, Ranka from Macross Frontier, Ik you said no crossplay, but I think you'd be a cute Ciel from Kuroshitsuji, maybe he pink ballgown version?

NezQuittezPas: Medua from Soul Eater, Julia from Cowboy Bebop, Ukraine from Hetalia.

artangel85: Lighting would be good for you! I could also see Tsubaki or Liz from Soul Eater, Nami from One Piece, Luka from Vocaloid, Selphie from Final Fantasy or Sakura from Tsubasa.

Nahrek: Suzaku from Code Geass, Syaoran from Tsubasa, Allen from D.Gray-Man.

Okikust: Sakura from Tsubasa (lol), Kairi from Kingdom Hearts (1 or 2), Euphemia from Code Geass, Canada from Hetalia, Panty from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt.

Zishri: Claude or Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji, Lelouch from Code Geass, Kyoya from Ouran High School Host Club, Germany from Hetalia, Tyki Mikk from D.Gray-Man.

I haven't asked in forever, so I'll just do this for fun ;D
Height: 5'3"
Body Type: Thin, I suppose
Eye Color: Blue/Green, they go either way depending on the lighting.
Hair: Very short, brown.
Willing: Wigs, crossplay.
Unwilling: Anything super revealing (like Yoko lol).
Pic 1 (most recent)
Pic 2 (also pretty recent)
Pic 3 (in crossplay)
Pic 4 (pretty old, but oh well)

Unread 02-09-2011, 11:44 PM   #14402
Nahrek

Firefly026; Meryl from Trigun http://img638.imageshack.us/i/trigunmerylstrype.jpg/
Nahrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 11:48 PM   #14403
Xx:Skittlez:xX
Kitty Ninja!!! xD

Zishri: Agreed on the Kyouya! Maybe Shigure from Fruits Basket?

Firefly: thanks! I've been told Rose before, but I never really saw it. I'd like to do Envy but the whole not a guy or girl scenario would probably be hard to pull off. I never thought of Fang... And I have thought about cosplaying Ciel who was cross-dressing as a girl (Man, I just love that episode... Jack the Ripper has always been my favourite serial killer...) But I didn't think I'd do it very well. But I'm glad you said so! xD I know this sounds totally retarded but I think you'd make a great Misty from Pokemon. Ichigo from TMM (Yeah, I know) and probably Karin from (Well in Japan, I know it was called: ) Karin. I think it's also called "Chibi Vampire".

"Because when she dances,
She goes and goes..."

"I'm sorry,
I can't be,
Perfect..."

"It's been such a long time coming,
But I feel good enough..."
Xx:Skittlez:xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 12:47 AM   #14404
cy00tx
cyootx: Pronounced {CUTE}

Firefly026 you reminded me of Meryl from Trigun too.

Please let me know you're from cosplay.com or I might deny you.

Currently working on:
Dead Master. {Black Rock Shooter} 100!!%
Sandplay singing of the dragon - Megurine Luka {Vocaloid}100!!%
Wonderland!Alois {Kuroshitsuji} 50%
Asmodeus / Satan / Belphegor / Lucifer. {Umineko no Naku Koro ni.} 40%

Last edited by cy00tx : 02-13-2011 at 11:51 PM.
cy00tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 03:08 AM   #14405
Zootch

Hey folks, just got my ticket to Comic-Con email! Have a passive interest in this cosplay business.
My face
I'm a 21 year old male; 120 lbs; 5'5"; skinny.
My biggest hurdle is naturally my mustache (which totally looks fuller when I comb it), I'm not a big fan of Anime or the like and I really don't want to default on Mario. I'm actually hoping for a more science and technology motif.

I'm curiously okay with bare midriff as I spend an unhealthy amount of time at the gym... Y'know, it seems to be a thing people are mentioning...
Zootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 06:00 AM   #14406
xButterflyBones
Free Spirit

So this should be interesting and I'm willing to give this a try so here goes:

Who do I look like/Who should I cosplay?
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...6571 10_n.jpg

Other information:
Hair: at the moment, black and brown and shoulder length
Height: about 5'1"
Weight: 107 Lbs

Cosplay List
Kagura from Inuyasha
Serah Farron from FFXIII
Roxas from Kingdom Hearts II
Kasugami from Okami
Ai Enma from Hell Girl

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

“Three things cannot be hidden long: The sun, the moon and the truth.” – Buddha
xButterflyBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 09:10 AM   #14407
chliebe

It's interesting.
chliebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 11:59 AM   #14408
PoPiPanda

Sehvinae, could I recommend Samus Aran in her Zero Suit? It's relatively cheap and easy to make if you know your way around a sewing machine.

Zootch, I can't see your picture since I'm at school (dumb filtering!), but here's a list of characters with mustaches. Maybe you could try Snake from Metal Gear? I can probably give better suggestions when I get home. :3
xButterflybones, I think you'd make a decent Dead Master or her "normal self", Takanashi Yomi. It's really just a matter of which outfit you'd be more comfortable with.

As for me, I intend to cosplay somebody from Ouran High School Host Club with my friend and her looks-like-a-twin sister, who are cosplaying Kaoru & Hikaru. I'm between Haruhi and Tamaki.

My hair is as short as it is at the bottom of the picture. I could simply grow it out for Haruhi, but my hair is notoriously difficult so I'd probably end up getting a wig anyway. I'll be making an Ouran Host uniform as it is, so the main thing is who I look like more. If there's another Host character you think I'd look better as, please don't hesitate to tell me~
My acting skills are great, so it's more a matter of who I look the most like. I'm 5'7" and about 210lbs (although I really don't look it, some people have told me I look about 150lbs) and I've got small enough breasts to crossplay. I'm great with makeup, so I can make myself more feminine or manly if I have to (or bishie xD), especially since I make a point to look mildly androgynous in my day-to-day style. My friend and her sister are about the same height as me, but I think I might be a bit taller.

Also, any other suggestions for future cosplays? My sewing skills are pretty good if you ask me -toots horn-
PoPiPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 03:08 PM   #14409
SoCalRamen
Legal Assassin

Hm. Hokay.

I'm not so new to cosplay that I don't have any particular ideas?...but I'm looking for a couple of extra comic con ideas. I love the idea of doing horror cosplay, am good with crossplay, and generally just looking for suggestions. While I don't watch a lot of anime (looking for anything more comic related/etc.) I'll give anything a shot.

I'm a pretty well built female. These pictures are the size I'm currently at (despite some of them being old.) Thanks again!

Roland Deschain (The Dark Tower)
- San Diego Comic Con 2014
Abigail 'Fetch' Walker (inFAMOUS)
Hipster Elsa (Frozen)
- GENERAL
Honey Swamp (Monster High)
Fiona (American Horror Story)
SoCalRamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #14410
MoguriMugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xButterflyBones View Post
So this should be interesting and I'm willing to give this a try so here goes:

Who do I look like/Who should I cosplay?
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...6571 10_n.jpg

Other information:
Hair: at the moment, black and brown and shoulder length
Height: about 5'1"
Weight: 107 Lbs
Pocahontas
MoguriMugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 03:17 PM   #14411
SoCalRamen
Legal Assassin

Apologies in advance. I mostly tend to recommend stuff from outside anime/manga in addition to anime-manga.

Zishri You'd make an AMAZING Shinji Ikari (although if you wanted to grow your hair maybe like an inch longer that could work) If you like Repo! the Genetic Opera you could do a pretty decent Luigi Largo as well.

Also, for some weird reason, if you spiked your hair I could see you as Chris Redfield. But that might just be me.

Sevinae The old standbys are zombie and schoolgirl (bonus points for Japanese schoolgirl). Do you want to be recognized or just to wear a costume?

xButterflyBones

If you can get a group together, you'd make a pretty good Stacey Pilgrim. (that's all dependant on if you can find a Scott Pilgrim group tho.

Depending on WHEN you need said costume, you could make a pretty decent Blondie from Suckerpunch.

http://movieuptodate.com/movie/sucker-punch-movie

I can also see Shilo Wallace from Repo! (and not just because I always suggest characters from Repo. Please don't mistake me. ;D)

Grow your hair out and die it/wig it and you could be Natasha Romanoff..

I'll throw it in, just because it could work once again with long hair. "Cherry Darling" from Planet Terror. You'd be standing alot, but oh man would it be cool.
Hipster Elsa (Frozen)
- GENERAL

Last edited by Michi : 02-10-2011 at 07:11 PM. Reason: merging a double post
Unread 02-10-2011, 04:10 PM   #14412
Sehvinae

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRamen View Post
Apologies in advance. I mostly tend to recommend stuff from outside anime/manga in addition to anime-manga.

Zishri You'd make an AMAZING Shinji Ikari (although if you wanted to grow your hair maybe like an inch longer that could work) If you like Repo! the Genetic Opera you could do a pretty decent Luigi Largo as well.

Also, for some weird reason, if you spiked your hair I could see you as Chris Redfield. But that might just be me.

Sevinae The old standbys are zombie and schoolgirl (bonus points for Japanese schoolgirl). Do you want to be recognized or just to wear a costume?
I was hoping I could possibly pull off a particular character. Like, I was thinking Misa from DeathNote if I can find some clip-in bangs for fairly cheap. (Ebay is failing me with blond bangs today) I know she's a cosplay that gets done a lot though, and I was just wondering if there are any other ideas out there for me. There's a lot of anime I haven't seen, but I'm very willing to check them out. This is my first cosplay, but I've done other costume type things before and I love to dress up.
Sehvinae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 04:18 PM   #14413
SoCalRamen
Legal Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sehvinae View Post
I was hoping I could possibly pull off a particular character. Like, I was thinking Misa from DeathNote if I can find some clip-in bangs for fairly cheap. (Ebay is failing me with blond bangs today) I know she's a cosplay that gets done a lot though, and I was just wondering if there are any other ideas out there for me. There's a lot of anime I haven't seen, but I'm very willing to check them out. This is my first cosplay, but I've done other costume type things before and I love to dress up.
Hum.

Depending on how much you're willing to sew (or alter something you could find in a thrift shop) My first automatic thought was Belsaurus from Axis Powers Hetalia.

And I know I spelled that wrong. >< Sorry.
Hipster Elsa (Frozen)
- GENERAL
Unread 02-10-2011, 04:26 PM   #14414
Koenma
Yu Yu Hakusho Fan

Anyone know who I could go as? Sorry that I have a weird expression, but it was the only picture that I could find. I'm already doing Koenma from Yu Yu Hakusho, and maybe J.P. from Digimon 4, but after that, I'm stumped. I'm kinda fat, so it's difficult to find appropriate characters. Preferably child characters, since if not, it looks weird. If you can't see it, then just go here: http://thejuggernaut1999.deviantart.com/#/d398p9d
Koenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #14415
markallen

this will be my first time i need some ideas thanks ahead of time =D
markallen is offline   Reply With Quote