Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Bleach

Unread 11-11-2007, 07:20 PM   #1
Madara-sama
[BCC] Eternal Ninja

Exequias (Bleach) mask help!

Okay, my cosplay group is doing an Arrancar group next year, and I chose to be the Exequias leader (I haven't seen anyone do it before). My friend wants to make my mask, and he's good at doing things like that. Question I have is:

How would you (or someone you know) go about making a mask like that? Here's a picture of it http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/254/13/

He's the one with the cow-type skull mask. I've worn/made masks before, but this one seems like it'd be rather hard, since it envelopes the entire head (on all sides, nonetheless). The only thing I could see to do would be to make the lower jaw have a cutout for my head to fit in between there and the back of the skull. I don't have a problem with the coat and/or pants, because I know who's good at that.

Also, I need help on the shoes...their different than the shinigami sandals, and their cooler >_>;

A-kon 22 (2011)
steampunk
Madara-sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-11-2007, 08:17 PM   #2
Arei
Eater of Souls

First off Arrancar wear black boots with white strips on them (the strips is wot makes them look like waraji).

The mask would be an interesting on indeed lol. The idea of making the bottom jaw separate from the top part that way you can just slip on the top part of the mask and then fix the jaw to the bottom would work. The construction of it will the hardest part. Personally I would make a full cast of your head using plaster strips (you will need someones help with this). Make sure that it is done in two pieces that way you dont have to cut it away from your head (which could prove to be difficult). And then use that as your base for building the mask from either foam or something similar then covering it with plaster strips. You'll want to make sure you put vasolin on any exposed skin and a plastic bag or something taped over you hair to keep the plaster from sticking to you.

OR

You can get a wig head and pad it to be the same size as you head (with maybe just a bit of extra room) and build the mask on that.

You might not need to cover your whole face along with your head, maybe just the top/back/sides of your head to make a sort of hat to afix the mask to.

And for building the horns you can use those foam cones and just shape them the way you need, glue them to your base (if you use hot glue make sure it is low heat or itll eat the foam) and build onto them.

OR

If you want something that wont be too heavy you can use craft foam~ I haven't tried building a mask from craft foam.

No matter how you go about this its going to be hot lol. And hope this was a bit helpful, its hard to describe a process like this when it something I haven't done before. I've make a helmet using this process but no helmets with the mask on the front just each separately lol. Good luck and can't wait to see this done.
Arei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2007, 07:29 PM   #3
Madara-sama
[BCC] Eternal Ninja

As far as making the mask...I really have no clue on how to do it T_T Everyone's throwing suggestions at me, and...ugh. I'll probably make the whole thing one piece, and paper mache (everything I wear is paper mache). Floral wire might be a good way to do it.

Ne, I'll find something Thanks for your input ^_^

By the way, I added you on myspace *snicker*

A-kon 22 (2011)
steampunk
Unread 12-20-2007, 12:40 PM   #4
fightstar
Kage-Kanbu Master Ninja

Thumbs up

I wish I read the manga more than watch the Anime, but I don't. This squad of hollows I find interesting. I don't know why, but I just like the look and feel of these guys. However, it seems to me that if you can pull off the head leader of the 'Exequias' (or is it 'El Exequias', ah whatever) you need some troopers to be behind you. Just a thought. I'll keep and eye on this thread and check your progress.

OH, this instructable might help you just a little.

Last edited by fightstar : 12-20-2007 at 12:46 PM. Reason: last min thought
fightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2007, 12:55 PM   #5
Rainie

This is just a comment... (Not sure how to do an espada mask yet. I'm asking around. Sorry! >_<)

Holy shizz, how the hell are you gonna breathe in that thing? x_x I would die...

XD

???
Rainie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2008, 01:38 AM   #6
Madara-sama
[BCC] Eternal Ninja

I actually gave up on doing it myself and am having it commissioned by Facing Costumes. This mask is too important for me to mess up, and their work is really impressive.

A-kon 22 (2011)
steampunk
Unread 03-18-2008, 01:52 PM   #7
fightstar
Kage-Kanbu Master Ninja

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randimaru-chan View Post
I actually gave up on doing it myself and am having it commissioned by Facing Costumes. This mask is too important for me to mess up, and their work is really impressive.
You will pay a pretty penny, but you get you moneys worth. I look forward to progress on this one. Are you doing the head guy with the cow skull or one of the regular troops?
fightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2008, 12:23 AM   #8
Madara-sama
[BCC] Eternal Ninja

A pretty penny, indeed, but no longer.

I'm doing Rudobon, the Exequias leader, at Oni-con 2009 (October 2009). I'll get started on it during the summer of '09.

A-kon 22 (2011)
steampunk