Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Unread 07-03-2015, 11:45 AM   #1
meb9000

Hibike! Euphonium

Just putting this thread up for anyone who likes to, or is interested in cosplaying characters from this wonderful KyoAni production. For me, I am working on an Asuka Tanaka crossplay and hope to have it ready to go within the next month. Here's the character for reference!

http://cdn.awwni.me/q74y.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/f2987020a...07p6o1_500.png

I will even be adding a nice euphonium brooch to the uniform tie.

Feel free to post progress on cosplays, comments about the show, etc!

Miles Edgeworth (Ace Attorney series)

Asuka Tanaka (Euphonium Player, Hibike! Euphonium)

Chitoge Kirisaki (Nisekoi)

(Maybe) Archer (Fate/Stay Night)
meb9000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-04-2015, 12:29 AM   #2
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Omg I've been meaning to watch this..After the one I'm watching now, I'll probably go watch this one..People keep telling me it's right up my alley.

I'd probably cosplay any of them..

-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-IF (Hyperdimension neptunia Re;Birth:1)
-Cloud (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Gohan (DBZ SSJ1 Cell Saga beat Up)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2015, 12:50 AM   #3
meb9000

Yeah, if you've ever had any affinity for concert band or music in general, this show can really connect in many ways. The animation and voice acting are just amazing, and the painstaking detail on the instruments was excellent.

Unread 07-13-2015, 03:44 PM   #4
Rahzel
steal back your future.

Yes! A Hibike! Euphonium topic! I feel that it's a great series, but then again, I'm a KyoAni ho and I liked even Hyouka and Tamako Market (in fact, I love Tamako Market), so I'm not sure if it's for everyone. But I like to think it's to female audiences what TTGL is supposed to be for male audiences, or something (in that it's very motivational but more like cute and fuwa fuwa than gar and manly).
... Also I ship Kumirei to death, even though I'm okay with it not being canon.

I'm currently working on a Kumiko Oumae costume for next Sunday! Actually, I'm working on casual + summer uniform versions, not the winter uniform. I still need to find appropriate shoes - if it doesn't work out, I'll have to paint a pair - and I'm not sure if I'm going to get my hair styled nicely enough (I thought of not wearing a wig because my hair is close enough to hers, but without proper care it can look very very messy);; I'm going to ask the hairdressers in my family for some help, and I can only hope it goes well. Pictures soon!
Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to borrow an euphonium in time; I'm going to bring a sweet flute to the con, though, just to have some fun. Also I wish I had friends to cosplay Reina and take Kumirei pictures with, but alas, I don't. -sobs- (or rather, I do, but since this was a last-minute cosplay, Kumirei pictures will have to wait.)
Rahzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2015, 11:28 PM   #5
meb9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahzel View Post
Yes! A Hibike! Euphonium topic! I feel that it's a great series, but then again, I'm a KyoAni ho and I liked even Hyouka and Tamako Market (in fact, I love Tamako Market), so I'm not sure if it's for everyone. But I like to think it's to female audiences what TTGL is supposed to be for male audiences, or something (in that it's very motivational but more like cute and fuwa fuwa than gar and manly).
... Also I ship Kumirei to death, even though I'm okay with it not being canon.

I'm currently working on a Kumiko Oumae costume for next Sunday! Actually, I'm working on casual + summer uniform versions, not the winter uniform. I still need to find appropriate shoes - if it doesn't work out, I'll have to paint a pair - and I'm not sure if I'm going to get my hair styled nicely enough (I thought of not wearing a wig because my hair is close enough to hers, but without proper care it can look very very messy);; I'm going to ask the hairdressers in my family for some help, and I can only hope it goes well. Pictures soon!
Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to borrow an euphonium in time; I'm going to bring a sweet flute to the con, though, just to have some fun. Also I wish I had friends to cosplay Reina and take Kumirei pictures with, but alas, I don't. -sobs- (or rather, I do, but since this was a last-minute cosplay, Kumirei pictures will have to wait.)
Glad you're so hyped up about a Hibike! cosplay.

Their summer uniforms are indeed quite cute, though the winter uniforms are nice and classy, which is why they were used in the final competition episode. Hopefully within the next few weeks I will receive my Asuka costume commission in the mail. I have the other pieces such as the tights, the shoes, and a nice silver euphonium brooch that I added on. I have the wig too, though I think it is a bit on the curly and thick/unruly side, so I dunno how well it will work until I see the entire cosplay together.

Unread 07-14-2015, 06:23 PM   #6
Rahzel
steal back your future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meb9000 View Post
Glad you're so hyped up about a Hibike! cosplay.

Their summer uniforms are indeed quite cute, though the winter uniforms are nice and classy, which is why they were used in the final competition episode. Hopefully within the next few weeks I will receive my Asuka costume commission in the mail. I have the other pieces such as the tights, the shoes, and a nice silver euphonium brooch that I added on. I have the wig too, though I think it is a bit on the curly and thick/unruly side, so I dunno how well it will work until I see the entire cosplay together.
I think the series is worth it! (also, I may be able to convince a friend to closet-cosplay Taki-sensei so we can take some pictures together;
Glad to know you're hyped up about your costume as well, and I hope to see it on the next month! The fact that you're early with the preparations is very good.

Yes, it's true. The winter uniforms are very classy. I think my sewing skills aren't good enough for that uniform, yet. ^_^; I like them a lot, though, and I might try my hand at it in the future.

Hmm... as for the wig, as long as it's not too cheap, you could always give it some treatment. Hydrating a wig does wonders.

Also, please post your preview here as well! (I think I'll be able to post mine tomorrow, perhaps
Unread 07-15-2015, 10:26 AM   #7
meb9000

My costume was just officially shipped out from overseas yesterday, so hopefully I will be able to put it all together soon!

Unread 07-21-2015, 12:34 AM   #8
Rahzel
steal back your future.

Finally! Sorry it took so long;; I ended up not being able to take a preview pic, and even now I didn't take many pictures during the con. In fact, by the time I took this picture, my hair was already a mess and the con was so crowded I couldn't find anywhere to fix it. But here it is, finally on Cosplay.com! ^_^;;
I hope I can wear it with a wig next time, honestly... (styling my hair was so hard and it got so messy, so quickly;
Unread 07-21-2015, 12:35 AM   #9
Rahzel
steal back your future.

Finally! Sorry it took so long;; I ended up not being able to take a preview pic, and even now I didn't take many pictures during the con. In fact, by the time I took this picture, my hair was already a mess and the con was so crowded I couldn't find anywhere to fix it. But it is finally on Cosplay.com! ^_^;
I hope I can wear it with a wig next time, honestly... (styling my hair was so hard and it got so messy, so quickly;; )
Unread 07-21-2015, 12:47 AM   #10
meb9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahzel View Post
Finally! Sorry it took so long;; I ended up not being able to take a preview pic, and even now I didn't take many pictures during the con. In fact, by the time I took this picture, my hair was already a mess and the con was so crowded I couldn't find anywhere to fix it. But it is finally on Cosplay.com! ^_^;
I hope I can wear it with a wig next time, honestly... (styling my hair was so hard and it got so messy, so quickly;; )
Nicely done cosplay for sure! I would love to eventually see a pic with the wig too for the complete setup! It's awesome that you were able to obtain a tuba-kun plushie as well! Love it!

I should be getting my Asuka costume this week, looking forward to posting pics soon.

Last edited by meb9000 : 07-21-2015 at 10:06 AM.
Unread 07-21-2015, 12:53 PM   #11
Rahzel
steal back your future.

Quote:
Nicely done cosplay for sure! I would love to eventually see a pic with the wig too for the complete setup! It's awesome that you were able to obtain a tuba-kun plushie as well! Love it!

I should be getting my Asuka costume this week, looking forward to posting pics soon.
Thank you! After 3 hours on a very long queue under hot sun and a few more hours walking through a crowded con, my hair was a mess, I'm so sad I couldn't take any pictures before that. Hopefully I'll be able to wear it again with a wig someday! (or at least at an indoors con;
As for the Tuba-kun plush, it was a last-minute addition, but I'm proud of it.

Yay, this is amazing! Please do share with us soon!
Unread 07-21-2015, 02:03 PM   #12
Rahzel
steal back your future.

Quote:

Thank you so much! Sadly, by the time I got past a 3 hour queue and after two more hours of waiting for friends to arrive, my hair was already a mess. I should've taken some pictures before that;; I hope I can wear this some other time with a proper wig (or at least indoors so that the hairdo wouldn't get ruined)! *^_^*
Ahaha, glad you like it! The Tuba-kun plushie was a last-minute addition and I'm so glad it worked well. Thank you so much for the compliments!

And yes, please do share the pictures with us soon! I'm eager to see it!
Unread 07-26-2015, 09:45 AM   #13
meb9000

Finally got all the pieces together to get a picture of my Asuka crossplay! Everything fits reasonably well, and with a little hairspray/gel, I can get that pesky middle hair bang to stay where I want it. (Pics may be slightly potato quality since I had to take them in selfie mode)

Pic 1

http://imgur.com/nLBHxPD

Welcome to the Band!
http://imgur.com/9Pk3w8S

Pic 3

http://imgur.com/78HMKkS

#4 Don't tell Euphonium-san...but I went on a date with Clarinet-kun! (That's where my music stand comes from hehe)

http://imgur.com/KmDaWXi

Overall I am pretty satisfied with the cosplay so far, it will look even better when I can rent a euphonium to go with it during the next convention!

Unread 07-27-2015, 02:43 PM   #14
Rahzel
steal back your future.

Quote:
Finally got all the pieces together to get a picture of my Asuka crossplay! Everything fits reasonably well, and with a little hairspray/gel, I can get that pesky middle hair bang to stay where I want it. (Pics may be slightly potato quality since I had to take them in selfie mode)

Pic 1

Welcome to the Band!

Pic 3

#4 Don't tell Euphonium-san...but I went on a date with Clarinet-kun! (That's where my music stand comes from hehe)

Overall I am pretty satisfied with the cosplay so far, it will look even better when I can rent a euphonium to go with it during the next convention!
Quote:
Originally Posted by meb9000

Pic 1

Welcome to the Band!

Pic 3

So cool!! I must say I love Asuka's date with the clarinet, and I love your music equipments! (I don't play music at all, and this is the main reason for which I felt very awkward cosplaying as Kumiko!)

Also, may I ask what fabric is that? It looks very classic and folds nicely. Asuka looks particularly refined with her black stockings, black hair and glasses, so it's great that it looks so nice! (Also, I must say your legs look amazing, I'm astounded and kind of jealous mine don't look half as nice;

Great job! As for the wig, it's possible that it might need a cut, but it looks great, if just a bit too long, in the first picture, IMHO. ^_^

(I may have accidentally replied to a private message instead of the topic. I'm sorry, I'm not 100% sure regarding how to use this website just yet;
Unread 08-06-2015, 06:11 PM   #15
feferi
magical girl

i haven't actually watched this anime yet, but the art is so cute I know i wanna cosplay from it already, haha. i can't resist cute anime girls