Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #181
Seifer-sama

@ Tenkage-chan: I hear you. My progress is going pretty slow too. I am still looking for the right fabrics to use. I really hope you are able to finish by Fanime! Just keep at it if you can.

@ Inoli: I guess so long as you can wear it... Just finish as much as you can. I think as far as the embroidery is concerned, no one would really notice if that wasn't finished by the time you want to wear it. Embroidery does look lovely, but it is such a slow process, so I wish you lots of luck! Have fun with your marathons!!

@ Anyone: I managed to pattern out all of my armor pieces the weekend before, but I haven't had time to work on them yet and I worry that I probably won't until the end of March. Fanime is coming up pretty quickly and I still don't have anything finished yet. I guess we are all in the same boat.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #182
Inoli
I Nom Swords

@ Seifer-sama Oh already wearable enough I'm sure I can stitch through it "fast" enough since it's on the machine. the other half of the embroidery will have to wait as I'm still a bit torn on how to go about it. Lesson learned with the first round however, pick a color that will show!! I'll be eager to hear people's input at Fanime on how to stitch in the little teeth/wave pattern.
Usually when I find I'm in the "too much to do not enough time" boat I try to keep my head down nose to the grind stone and keep going, see how far I can get. Somehow it seams to work Good luck! I'm going to try to get what I want to get done for Shoryuu by the end of this month. Hopefully a few pics will help with motivation! We can do it! YOSH! *waves flags*

oh so silly me, deciding to make my sword more artbook then Anime style. Maybe I'll make the anime Scabbard for Traveling Shoryuu, however I've fallen in love with the design for the handle and scabbard from the artbooks. Sadly upon closer study the base sword I was going to work with.... is not the right shape. Luckily there's a con next weekend and I'll scout out for a new base sword so I can get working on it. If I cant find it there, Denver has a few stores I can stop into to see if I can find a good wooden base. I've added to my anticipation and frustration by sketching up the design and coloring it. It sits mocking me on my desk. Oh dear sword, I really want to work on you! *grabby hands*

[/color] [/size]
Inoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #183
PutPutters
Extreme Procrastinator

I don't normally watch much anime, but I'm glad I clicked on Twelve Kingdoms! My favorite character has GOT TO BE Rakushun! He's the sweetest rat boy ever! >w< Forgive me for forgetting the terms of the half animal people and stuff.

I really wanna do a Youko cosplay (maybe), but I'd much prefer doing Rakushun. <3 Hopefully I can find other people who want to cosplay from Twelve Kingdoms with me!
http://zephyrbolt.deviantart.com
http://youtube.com/theoppositeofnothing
http://theoppositeofnothing.deviantart.com
PutPutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #184
tatterpixie
it's good to be the Rat!

@PutPutters: I would LOVE to see more people cosplay Rakushun! ^_^ (And Twelve Kingdoms in general, of course. XD) I'd love someday to have a human-form Rakushun to pose with in my rat-form Rakushun! Two sides of the same hanjyuu XDDD
Pinako Rockbell (Fullmetal Alchemist)
tatterpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #185
PutPutters
Extreme Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatterpixie View Post
@PutPutters: I would LOVE to see more people cosplay Rakushun! ^_^ (And Twelve Kingdoms in general, of course. XD) I'd love someday to have a human-form Rakushun to pose with in my rat-form Rakushun! Two sides of the same hanjyuu XDDD
Just saw your costume. You look so adorable! (I'm keeping myself from squeeing and kissing the screen XD) The costume looks well-made! Good job, Tatter! And who knows, if we ever happen to be in the same area, perhaps we can make that dream of yours come true! ;D It'd totally be fun.
http://zephyrbolt.deviantart.com
http://youtube.com/theoppositeofnothing
http://theoppositeofnothing.deviantart.com
PutPutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 12:04 PM   #186
Seifer-sama

@ Inoli: Well that's good! At least it's finished enough to where you could wear it if you want. Oh I didn't know you were doing machine embroidery! Well that makes that much faster ha ha!! I guess I am just so used to doing embroidery by hand that I forget most people aren't crazy like me. :P

I managed to find most of the fabrics for Yoko, but I have been pretty busy this month. Time is just ticking away and my armor is still in it's prototype phase... I'll try your method though and just keep my head down and focus on working on everything I can.

I wish you lots of luck in getting the costume finished this month and finding a new base sword. That must make the process a little easier if you don't have to completely make it from scratch. :P Ha ha, I can really understand getting frustrated about not being able to work on it. Hopefully you will finish all you need so so the next few months you can focus on just the sword.

@ PutPutters: I am just throwing my two sense in there, but I would love to see more Rakushun cosplays! He is too adorable! I am also glad to have another fan in the thread.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 03-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #187
Seven
(Neoqueenhoneybee)

Cannot wait to see your cosplay!

Working On:
Leen (Grandia)
Goku Nami (One Piece DBZ Crossover)
Nico Robin (One Piece Water 7)
Elesa (Pokemon B/W)

In Queue:
Mei (Pokemon B/W 2)
Panne (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Illumi (HunterxHunter)
Janice (Chrono Cross)
Mir (Ar Tonelico)
Toph (ATLA Old Friends)
Solid Snake Lolita (Beat Down Boogie)
Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #188
Seven
(Neoqueenhoneybee)

I was super motivated this weekend and decided to start my Shoukei cosplay! I'm working on this version. It's very simple and I'm optimistic it will be done this week.

Sadly I won't be attending Fanime, but I will be attending AX. I've already recruited a friend to wear Shoukei so I can wear Suzu. Though I might redo Suzu's blue top. Wasn't too pleased with the silk I chose. :\ Hah, and maybe I should recruit another friend to wear Youko! I think I just may!

Working On:
Leen (Grandia)
Elesa (Pokemon B/W)

In Queue:
Mei (Pokemon B/W 2)
Illumi (HunterxHunter)
Janice (Chrono Cross)
Mir (Ar Tonelico)
Toph (ATLA Old Friends)
Unread 03-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #189
Seifer-sama

@ Seven: Yays for being motivated. I wasn't as motivated as I would have liked. I am sorry to hear you won't be at Fanime, but I will be looking for you at AX!!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 03-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #190
Inoli
I Nom Swords

Whoo.... got my gold embroidery done, now just to work on shadows first, highlights second. yuck. so did my research for En's sword and sadly, I just couldn't find a blade that would work at all for me. well so back up plan get! I've grabbed myself a board of oak and think I'll push working on the sword will possibly april where it'll be warmer and I can soak up some of those rays! somehow I think I knew this was going to be a bigger project then intended- then again I do that to myself!!
There's a mini con coming up, hoping to wear King robes! Shoryuu to it. lets see if I can get that embroidery done in time!

@ Seifer-sama haha at this point I feel like doing the embroidery by hand would have been MUCH faster!!! I have two machines in my house, one [mine] hates lighter fabrics and frilly thread the other machine hates me on a personal level lol.
@Seven Ohhh!!!! A Suzu and Shoukei!!! That's so awesome! It is sad that you wont be able to make it up to fanime but I completely understand, sadly AX isn't possible for me this year otherwise I might have to join you! wow sounds like there will be a 12k group for Fanime AND AX this year! AWESOME!

[/color] [/size]
Inoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #191
Seven
(Neoqueenhoneybee)

@Seifer-sama - Yes, yays for being motivated! I didn't have any drive to work on cosplay for a while, so I'm really excited that i've been driven lately! I hope you get a wave of motivation soon.

I hope to see you at AX then! If you wear your cosplay, we can get pictures together! ^___^

@Inoli - I cannot wait to see yours! It sounds like you are putting so much time and effort into it. *.* I'm sad that I won't be able to see you in person at AX. Last year was my first, and probably last, year at Fanime. I'm really jealous though; there seems to be such an AWESOME group of JK cosplayers that attend Fanime. (I really wish we had such hard core jk cosplayers on my coast.)

Working On:
Leen (Grandia)
Elesa (Pokemon B/W)

In Queue:
Mei (Pokemon B/W 2)
Illumi (HunterxHunter)
Janice (Chrono Cross)
Mir (Ar Tonelico)
Toph (ATLA Old Friends)
Unread 03-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #192
kimu
merciful kirin, really ;p

I plan to be at Fanime and AX.
I'll be wearing Enki to Fanime.
For AX: If the Twelve K costumes are worn on a day that doesn't conflict with the Masquerade for me--I'd bring my Sairin! Reason I'd choose her for AX is I've never gotten to take any pictures with Suzu (or anyone that shows up in the Sai portions of TK.)
kimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #193
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

Yeesh, seems a lot has updated, since I last posted! Well, I'm happy to report that my outfit for my surprise Fanime JK is nearing completion- though the embroidery will have to wait till the season,s end, so I can visit my mom and access her machine. Of course, I still need to do the wig... That'll be interesting.

Gotta say, though- this year's Fanime is shaping up to EPIC, would you not all agree?

Also, Inoliiiiii?? Did you get my text the other day??????
Princess Shoukei: Twelve Kingdoms~ 100%
Kamiya Kaoru: Rurouni Kenshin (Jin-e Arc)
Serra: Fire Emblem~ 100%
Click To Visit The Cosplay Teahouse!
Tenkage-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #194
Seven
(Neoqueenhoneybee)

Oh yay! A Sairin!! I can't wait!! I also hope that the meet will not conflict with my current AX plans.

I was fortunate enough to find a local Sai-Ou cosplayer. I just posted a pic on my Facebook, just in case you wanted to see the both of us. ^^ (This is the blue top I wasn't pleased with. Going to stick with linen.)

Also, I'm 95% finished with Shoukei; I had hoped I'd be finished in two days...but, oh well. :\

I hope that you all will post a link to all the awesome pictures you'll get from Fanime. ^_____^

Working On:
Leen (Grandia)
Elesa (Pokemon B/W)

In Queue:
Mei (Pokemon B/W 2)
Illumi (HunterxHunter)
Janice (Chrono Cross)
Mir (Ar Tonelico)
Toph (ATLA Old Friends)
Unread 03-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #195
Seifer-sama

@ Inoli: I am glad to hear you are getting more work done. I can understand wanting to wait until the warmer weather to work on the sword. It's still really cold and snowy for me. Good luck on that embrodiery. At least it seems like you are moving pretty fast. :P I hear you on the sewing machines though... I have two at home as well and one of them is the grumpiest piece of machinery I have ever worked with. I swear everytime I use it... :P

@ Seven: I just finished up a lot of projects this last weekend that were holding me back to work on my Fanime cosplays, soooo with those out of the way, I am hoping I get to work on some new stuff here very soon. And yes if we can, we must take pictures at AX!! Awesome progress by the way, you must be excited to being so closed to finished!!

@ Kumi: I agree with you, if we can do the 12K group on a different day than the Masq that would be great. I am going to see if I can try to enter this year. I am just waiting for that registration to show up. :P

@ Tenkage-chan: That's awesome that you are almost finished! I am so excited to see this secret cosplay of yours! And good luck on that wig! I know that's always the biggest challenge for me. :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV