Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #196
kimu
merciful kirin, really ;p

I'm planning to be in the AX Masq too, but with a costume from a different series that I'm working on. So it sounds like once we know all the Masq stuff, we can pick a different time for the AX JK meet up! Yeah!
We at least know our day and time for Fanime's JK meet up, of course!

I remember that picture of the Sai-ou! I know she's on the east coast so my current odds of lucking into meeting up with her for JK pics are slim. But it's still awesome!!

More good thoughts to everyone working on projects, yeah for progress!
kimu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #197
Seifer-sama

@ Kimu: That's exciting! Who are you going to enter into the masquerade? Have you ever done one at AX before? I have no, so I am a little unsure as to the procedure and the site isn't helping out much. :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #198
myalchod
reflections and dreams

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, if you guys are doing JK at AX (and it's either Saturday or Sunday), I might have to make a day trip down just for that. :S And there would go my intentions of not coming to AX this year.

(I have no costume progress or updates to offer the thread right now (need to pull novel!Risai out and weather her more, but that's lower on my priority list), so I'll just flail quietly and happily over all the activity here. Love this series and so glad to see it getting loved in turn. XD)

And while I'll leave the taking of photos to others, I'll make sure whatever pics Fanime staff get of the JK gathering get linked over here, at least. :3
Ichihara Yuuko - butterfly kimono (xxxHolic / Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle)
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Journal ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #199
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

You guys are mean, talking about AX when ya know I ain't coming! Meanies! Now, I'm going to cry into my tuna rolls, and not share them with anybody!

Seriously, though, you guys have no idea how much it's killing me to be unable to post my progress photos of this cosplay! I really wanna, especially since it's coming out so well! But, the looks on everyone's faces at Fanime when I surprise them with it is gonna too worth it. Gahh, this is frustrating!

@Seifer: Thanks for the well-wishes! I'm gonna need 'em for that wig!
Princess Shoukei: Twelve Kingdoms~ 100%
Kamiya Kaoru: Rurouni Kenshin (Jin-e Arc)
Serra: Fire Emblem~ 100%
Click To Visit The Cosplay Teahouse!
Tenkage-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #200
kimu

@Charis--you can make use of hotel room again like last year. Or if you need to stay one night might be doable...I don't have the plans all worked out yet.

@Tenkage--that's what you get for secret cosplay! ;P (I had that problem on a shorter scale for Enki at GenCon last year.) But yes, we'll get to be surprised. Then you can post progress pics after the fact? LOL!

@Seifer--I have competed at AX before in a group, and then helped someone backstage once. AX is being slow about posting their rules and entry dates for this year. Keeping an eye on it, expecting it soon. As for competing this year--another crazy Trinity Blood costume. ;D
Unread 03-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #201
Seifer-sama

@ myalchod: Ha ha, we aren't trying to force you to go to AX, but JK does need more love (that was a poor attempt at a guilt trip in case you didn't know. :P) I am not sure when the masq will be, but I hope it's not on one of those days so you can make it. I suppose we will know soon enough. Sorry you haven't made any progress yet. I am there with you... I hope you manage to get some work done on your costume soon though!

@ Tenkage-chan: Awww, we weren't trying to be mean. We are recruiting, that's it! If we go to AX with JK costumes maybe we can recruit more. This group's Fanime pictures is what inspired me to work on my Yoko, I suppose it could work for others. :P As for wanting to post pictures, don't spoil it for us! We want to be surprised. I agree with Kimu, just post those pictures after Fanime.

@ Kumi: More Trinity Blood huh? Awesome!! It seems like AX has been pretty slow on everything this year, not just the masq. Still though, I am pretty determined to compete! I wish you luck though!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 03-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #202
Seven
(Neoqueenhoneybee)

@kimu - The Sai-ou cosplayer is extremely talented!! She's local to Philly, so if you're ever in the area! Ha ha ha.

@myalchod - Join us....this is a subliminal message....join us at AX... I should really work on those subliminal messages. They just don't read how I imagine them. I cannot wait to see any images, progress or fanime pics!

@Tenkage-chan - We don't mean to be mean. But your non-posted progress pics are tormenting us too! Wanna see! But I'll have to wait until after you all get back from Fanime.

And as for a Shoukei update, she's all finished! A friend of mine graciously took photos of me in full cosplay at the D.C. Sakura 'fest'. I'm waiting to get them though. I hope they turned out. (Ha ha ha, he took pictures of my Youko cosplay, and when I was explaining to him Shoukei's storyline and personality, he mentioned that I like those kinds of 'tragic/redemption/serious' characters. I didn't even mention to him that I'm going to ask him to take my Suzu pictures too.)

Working On:
Leen (Grandia)
Goku Nami (One Piece DBZ Crossover)
Nico Robin (One Piece Water 7)
Elesa (Pokemon B/W)

In Queue:
Mei (Pokemon B/W 2)
Panne (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Illumi (HunterxHunter)
Janice (Chrono Cross)
Mir (Ar Tonelico)
Toph (ATLA Old Friends)
Sold Snake Lolita (Beat Down Boogie)

Recently Finished:
Trainer Kris (Pokemon Crystal)
Tharja (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Space Warrior (Space Unicorn)
Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2012, 12:12 AM   #203
kimu

Yeah for finished work!! Pics soon I hope.

As for AX...a little warning--there's more in the AX threads about this but, because JK cosplayers are talking about going to AX and meeting up:
The X Games are going to be the same weekend as AX. It appears the Masq (and other main events) will not be held in the Nokia. The X Games are going to take over quite a lot of the area, and it's not clear how AX attendees are going to get around this mess. All this said, I'm going to be debating going to AX depending on what I hear in the next weeks.
Therefore, Tenkage you may have made a very wise choice this year to choose Fanime. And I will say our gathering there has been a LOT of fun the past few years.
Watching the number of cosplayers for JK increase, in a series that isn't active with novel releases or new anime--is really awesome.
Unread 03-31-2012, 07:37 AM   #204
Seven
(Neoqueenhoneybee)

@kimu - Thanks for the head's up! I definitely would not have known this otherwise. :\ Sounds like huge hassle, but I'm already committed to attending. I really hope that things work out..

Working On:
Leen (Grandia)
Elesa (Pokemon B/W)

In Queue:
Mei (Pokemon B/W 2)
Illumi (HunterxHunter)
Janice (Chrono Cross)
Mir (Ar Tonelico)
Toph (ATLA Old Friends)

Recently Finished:
Unread 04-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #205
Seifer-sama

@ Seven: YAYS!!! Congrats to you!! I can't wait to see those pictures!!

@ Kimu: I actually heard about this on Friday and I talked it over with my bf, but we are in the same boat as you. If I don't hear about things getting any better, we probably won't be going to AX as well. I read a post somewhere on here that a similar thing happened at Dragon Con and fist fights broke out between drunken sports fans and cosplayers.... Yeah that to me does not sound like a good time. One of my main reasons for going was that I heard this was AX's last year at the LACC, but now it sounds like the contract for the football stadium that was going to be replacing it hasn't even been signed yet... So I am hoping AX will be there for another year so I can skip all this extra hassle.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 04-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #206
Seven
(Neoqueenhoneybee)

Well, you know what?? After AX I'll be joining a few friends on a cosplay photoshoot road trip until July 6th or 7th. We plan on hitting places like Bodie Ghost Town, Vasquez Rocks, Victoria Tower and, hopefully, Castello di Amorosa...will I be near some of you? Maybe we could get together if any of you are interested in an out of con, weekday photo shoot? It's just a thought. I was really hoping that CA might have a feudal china looking location, so I could get pictures of peasant Shoukei and Suzu, but I haven't been able to find anything online.

@Seifer-sama- Thanks! It feels good to be done! Of course I found the 'right' shoes after the shoot..but oh well! I'm rooting for you now. ^^

Working On:
Leen (Grandia)
Elesa (Pokemon B/W)

In Queue:
Mei (Pokemon B/W 2)
Illumi (HunterxHunter)
Janice (Chrono Cross)
Mir (Ar Tonelico)
Toph (ATLA Old Friends)

Recently Finished:
Unread 04-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #207
myalchod
reflections and dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
Well, you know what?? After AX I'll be joining a few friends on a cosplay photoshoot road trip until July 6th or 7th. We plan on hitting places like Bodie Ghost Town, Vasquez Rocks, Victoria Tower and, hopefully, Castello di Amorosa...will I be near some of you? Maybe we could get together if any of you are interested in an out of con, weekday photo shoot? It's just a thought. I was really hoping that CA might have a feudal china looking location, so I could get pictures of peasant Shoukei and Suzu, but I haven't been able to find anything online.
Looking at a map, Vasquez Rocks is the closest you'd get to me -- at about two hours' drive. I'm coastal CA north of LA.

I'll keep AX in my hip pocket in case things do work out such that it's worth my while to come down one weekend day, because it's always lovely to see people -- but otherwise, not a lot on the radar for me.

Looking forward to seeing those photos, Seven! It's always fun to see how our character choices trend in certain ways ... XD
Ichihara Yuuko - butterfly kimono (xxxHolic / Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle)
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Journal ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #208
Seven
(Neoqueenhoneybee)

Hmm, what if we choose a set location for all interested parties to meet? We were looking into this location, but apparently they charge a lot for taking photos on their property. If there are enough of us, we could split it between all of us?

http://huntington.org/huntingtonlibrary.aspx?id=512

Though, it's most likely even farther for you myalchod, but wow, it's an amazing place for photos!! Are there any awesome locations near you? That is another option.

Working On:
Leen (Grandia)
Elesa (Pokemon B/W)

In Queue:
Mei (Pokemon B/W 2)
Illumi (HunterxHunter)
Janice (Chrono Cross)
Mir (Ar Tonelico)
Toph (ATLA Old Friends)

Recently Finished:
Unread 04-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #209
Inoli
I Nom Swords

How COW Seven I want in on your road trip! LOL let me win the lotto first! Castello di Amorosa woudl be EPIC for other cosplays of mine but *Cough* BACK ON TRACK....

Its ok Tenkage XD while the rest in hot ol Cali do their stuff you and I can take some EPIC pics around the beautiful Colorado! anyone's allowed to join...*wink wink!*
Oh look at all of us! so many progress pics! and look! I have some too!
On the left side it's only got the shadows, to the right the highlights are done as well. Wooo... this is a big project!
a close up of the embroidery with just the shadow. I'm gunna need to go back over with the gold. yikes.
I was hoping to have the embroidery done at the very least by now... grrr a bit behind schedule. head down, keep going! Good luck everyone! I wish I was heading to AX this year.

I know next year there's been a little talk about Sakura con... but perhaps *koff* an east coat con might need to be looked into... eh Kimu? <3

[/color] [/size]
Inoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #210
Seven
(Neoqueenhoneybee)

Inoli, that is looking fabulous!!!! *.* Gorgeous!!! Oh I hope you get it finished in time!

We are super excited about the road trip! We don' know how far north we'll get before we have to turn back around, but I'm aiming to get to Castello di Amorosa! Unfortunately I don't have any suuuuper epic cosplays for the location, but...I'll figure something out!!

Oh, please do come to an east coast con! Everyone come to an east coast con!

Working On:
Leen (Grandia)
Elesa (Pokemon B/W)

In Queue:
Mei (Pokemon B/W 2)
Illumi (HunterxHunter)
Janice (Chrono Cross)
Mir (Ar Tonelico)
Toph (ATLA Old Friends)