Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-24-2007, 03:10 PM   #16
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

No prob. XD
Princess Shoukei: Twelve Kingdoms~ 100%
Kamiya Kaoru: Rurouni Kenshin (Jin-e Arc)
Serra: Fire Emblem~ 100%
Click To Visit The Cosplay Teahouse!
Tenkage-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-26-2007, 11:34 AM   #17
wyldbratling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkage-chan View Post
No prob. XD
If you do some web serches you can find a few companys who are selling salvaged pieces or even whole kimono's. Their a little pricy but not anymore so then expensive yardages of fabric and they have a much more traditonal look as they are real kimonos. Some of these places also sell bolts of kimono fabrics that are left over after a line or garment is finished with the run. Excelent way to get an authentic look.

Future Projects:
Steampunk/Victorian Goth dress - Costume Con '08
Generic Pirate Wench # 1 - Anime Expo '08
WoW Naga
BT ./hack
Little Miss Muffit & Spider
Butterfly Court
Firebird
wyldbratling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 06:29 PM   #18
myalchod
reflections and dreams

Late though I am, must add my adoration for this series.

And my frustration, though really, it's all my own damned fault for wanting to cosplay a minor character. (The kirin are so tempting, but I'd look horrible blonde.) I'm working on a Risai cosplay, and the lack of good reference pictures vexes me severely -- there are good basic screencaps from the anime, yes, but I'm holding out hope for a little more when the novels come out. It'll be interesting -- it's one of the more elaborate pieces I've done to date, and a lot of pattern-drafting, which'll be a challenge for someone who generally shuns patterns. And bootcovers, oh my.

In theory, other members of my cosplay group are working on their own -- one's been working on a pre-empress post-school uniform Youko for a while now, and another's theoretically going to go as Kou-ou, and the last is waffling over several kirins.

It's very "one of these days", but when it happens, it'll be awesome. At the worst, I'll be all by my lonesome and no one will know who the hell I am, but I'll have fun making and dyeing the costume. And it's such a great show that it really does deserve more attention.
Ichihara Yuuko - butterfly kimono (xxxHolic / Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle)
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Journal ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 08:35 PM   #19
kimu
merciful kirin, really ;p

I understand the comments about doing something a little more obscure, but I'm thinking it's a great way to balance the popular series or popular characters in a cosplay collection. While it's great fun to run with the big gatherings, I'd like to try something more unique, too. Although it would be fun to be at at convention with at least one other cosplayer from TK.

And what you say about Risai, I understand, too. I've had the same thing to deal with. I basically made my own screen grabs from every scene Sairin was in, as few as those are.

This past weekend, I got the muslin pattern customizing work done on my Sairin costume. I'm going to be getting the fabric for it in the next couple weeks, then start on the final. It's great to have it start coming together.
I wish you success on your costume, too!
kimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2008, 01:03 AM   #20
kimu

Risai is in the novel that just came out, although I'm not sure how useful those pics are for you....

I just want to let out a loud ARRRGH!
Sairin's "kimono" sleeves are a pain in a kirin's rump!
I'm winning the battle, it's very close to done, but it's been quite a project.
;p
Unread 08-08-2008, 06:59 PM   #21
Miasan

I think it is time to bump up this thread because Juuni Kokkii is awesome. I watched this series a few months ago and just... wow. XD
There are so few JK cosplayers! But almost every cosplay I've seen of this series so far is gorgeous

I'm working on a (princess) Shoukei cosplay, the one with the ridiculous hair! I'm at 20% right now... I hope to finish it by the end of september, then I'll be wearing it on a dutch animeconvention.
Miasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2008, 08:29 PM   #22
kimu

You're right! It's been a long time with no posts here....
And it's awesome you're going to make a Shoukei!! Please post pictures for us to see.

Since I last posted, I finished my Sairin and have worn it 3 times!
(There's a couple pictures of it in my Costumes section.)

And we had 3 JK/TK cosplayers together at Anime Expo!
Although two of them weren't 100% finished with their costumes yet. (I'll leave that description to Myalchod!)
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5...=DSC07855a.jpg

There will be more future gatherings at least in the West Coast with us slowly adding a few more people as we go.
Myalchod plans to be at Kumoricon coming up soon.
Then next year we'll be at Sakura Con, Fanime, and Anime Expo. Not sure what else yet....

Unread 08-09-2008, 08:11 AM   #23
Ciarathallya
Ragnacrack Cosplay Addict

Yay for JK love! I need to rewear Youko as non-pregnant and do a photoshoot. I don't have hardly any pics in it. And yeah there are far to few cosplays of this series which is a shame in itself. Sadly the next closet JK cosplayer to me is in Kentucky and then after that is faaaaaaar away. I need to go to more northern cons so I can particpate in a series photoshoot/gathering. But that requires lotsa money... which I don't have.
Unread 08-09-2008, 02:07 PM   #24
myalchod
reflections and dreams

WAI! More Juuni Kokki cosplayers, huzzah! Even if we're all so spread out ...
Good luck with your Shoukei, Miasan -- I hope you'll link pictures here when you've got them, because I look forward to seeing how it turns out.
I wish you could make it out to the West Coast, Ciarathallya -- your cos looks lovely in the photos (and more is always merrier)!

As Kimu says, we had three of us at AX this year: her in her lovely Sairin, my kaasan Adrienne (who isn't on these boards) as Youko, and myself as Risai. Adrienne took her colour scheme from, if I recall, one of the DVD covers, and is working on fixing it -- she and I both kind of rushed to get things done for AX, or at least "done enough". I'm trying to finish Risai up properly for Kumoricon right now: the obi was pure ghetto and done the morning I left for AX (and pinned on, sigh), and the leg wraps of Epic Fail were something I pulled last minute from the novel illustrations when I realised there was no way in hell I was going to be able to crank boot covers out in the time I had left.
Either way, it was lots of fun to run around with other Juuni Kokki cosplayers (had this great moment in the dealer's room of trying to find Kimu and her group, and when we finally caught up, going, "and here I thought I'd lost ANOTHER kirin!"), and we even shanghaied a mini-shoot out of Jim of cosplayhunter.com (yay, family connections XD ) -- those photos are all raws, I apologise for the quality.

We're hoping to have a big(ger) group for Kumoricon this year, too: I'm trying to de-ghetto Risai, Kaasan's fixing up Youko, and if all goes well, we'll also have a Keiki, a Kyou-ou, and a Kyouki. I think that, aside from my baby sister's Kyou-ou, the lot will be rolled over to Sakuracon '09, though my brother's making noises about trying to do Gyousou for me instead of his Kyouki (I'll believe it when he does it ...). And I'm planning on trying to do novel-cover Risai for that, if all works out!

TL;DR. JK is awesome and needs more love. Nothing to see here, move along ...
Unread 08-11-2008, 05:08 PM   #25
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

Oh wow, more good JK cosplay!

Ciarathallya, congrats on your award for Youko (Hikaruchan told me ^^), it looks like it was a lot of work.

Kimu- Really nice Sairin! I always loved her outfit, it's so elegant.

Myalchod- I love your Risai, and I think it's the first I've seen. It just looks so clean, and the fabric choices on the tunic are excellent. ^^

I'm working on another JK costume myself, for Dragon*Con. I'm doing one of Youko's queen outfits, the more casual one with the curly shoes. XD

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...yokoedited.jpg

I love the colors on this one. I was able to find all the colors I needed in one fabric type, polyester shantung. I've already made a design for the symbol on the back of the outfit, just trying to get my embroidery software to install so i can test it out. Seeing as I've got less than 3 weeks, I should probably get started. XD

I might bring my Enki costume to D*C as well, I'm not sure yet. I know my friend Nicole (Miaybi on these forums) is bringing her schoolgirl Youko costume, hopefully we won't be the only JK cosplayers there. ^^
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2008, 04:25 PM   #26
Inoli
I Nom Swords

LMAO why does it not surprise me that the incredibly Talented Tenkage-chan would be the first to post something. although now you make me feel like a stalker! LOL how would you like a Kirin and an emperor to serve under? LOL

Funny how you look at an anime and go "I should watch that" and never do because none of your friends know of it until BLAM 3 talented cosplayers waltz into yoru life and you're all O-O What is THAT from!? AWESOME! I had the honor of seeing Myalchod and Kimu's TK costumes and decided it was time to sit my butt down and watch the series.
I adore it already.

....and started collecting Fabric. so amongst the cosplay list I now have added Shoryu oh dear King of En. and cause I'm so retentive about doing research months before I start...anyone have an idea of the costume? I do want to do a formal Emperor cosplay, though tempted to do his 13th? century Japanese armor >D

I plan on starting the project after Ohayo con o.o; so maybe Anime Wasabi would be the soonest people would see it? but looking more for AX 2009

so hello! please accept this humble n00bie to the group and be kind its the first time =o

[/color] [/size]
Inoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2008, 04:36 PM   #27
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

What? What?! Whaddid I do?? ;P

Well, this a great series, and I hadn't seen a thread for it, so I decided to start one! But, hey! I'd love to have my Kirin master and his lord king!

In any case, finishing Yokuhi in time for next AX is my gooooooooal!!
Unread 08-20-2008, 04:50 PM   #28
myalchod
reflections and dreams

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. HA.

Ahem. That is. I am harmless and sweet and innocent and would never influence you to do anything, Inoli -- well, anything BAD, at least! *ha~lo*

This does give me more impetus to do the brokedown novel-cover Risai I've got planned for next year, though -- after I finish the stuff I have to do for her formals! I'm beginning to think gangrene and armour might be easier. :\ Besides, I'd get to beat on the armour with swords, and there's something about knowing I'll get to take my frustration out on it that's delightful.

We're going to be short a Keiki at Kumoricon -- ours can't get his stuff done -- but definitely a Youko and a Kyouki and almost certainly a Kyou-ou, so that should be fun.

And I am now filled with delightful anticipation of Juuni Kokki-flavoured shenanigans at AX next year. Hurrah~~!

(Oh, and Animesha, thank you for your compliment! ^_^ Coming from someone with a seriously awesome Enki, it means a great deal.)
Unread 08-20-2008, 05:25 PM   #29
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

Hey, real quick- does anyone know a good place to get Wonderflex I'm not ever half-done with the first foot, and I'm already out. Anyone?
Unread 08-20-2008, 05:38 PM   #30
myalchod
reflections and dreams

Best I know, most folks get it from Cosplay Supplies -- I remember looking at Dazian's website for mine, but further from their warehouses, the shipping gets unpleasant.