Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Bleach

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-13-2007, 04:05 PM   #1
thatcrazythang

Szayel Aporro Espada Uniform(Bleach)

Anyone made an espada uniform before and any tips for making one? or is it more efficient to simply buy one?

(Im going under the assumption that you know what an Espada uniform is.)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...rro_Grantz.JPG - Top shoulder part of his uniform, with the face accessories ect..

http://photobucket.com/mediadetail/?...o&pageOffset=0 - Full body shot from an awkward angle.

http://photobucket.com/mediadetail/?...o&pageOffset=2 - Better full body

http://photobucket.com/mediadetail/?...zayel%20aporro - This one has a bit of his glove in it.

Last edited by thatcrazythang : 11-13-2007 at 04:55 PM.
thatcrazythang is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-13-2007, 04:40 PM   #2
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

Kinda a poor assumption. Reference pics plz?
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2007, 04:55 PM   #3
thatcrazythang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangochutney View Post
Kinda a poor assumption. Reference pics plz?
Sorry, new to this and all, ive edited my first post with images that i could find of szayel aporro...is there anything else im missing?

Thanks =]
Unread 11-14-2007, 04:31 PM   #4
thatcrazythang

Anyone?
Unread 11-15-2007, 03:49 AM   #5
benihime
Kimono Queen

i bought mine..
but then again the hakama wasn't right and it was from a japanese auctions site so i had to go through a relay service.

ANYWAY

best bet? to make it yourself. get some sort of jacket pattern and then go on the bleach cosplay thread and search for "hakama pattern" and you'll find how to make the hakama. same with the boots.

if you can't figure it out? just ask on the bleach thread. you'll have more luck there

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2007, 12:36 PM   #6
Varnani
MY CABBAGES

Alright, I'm gonna share with you what I did-

http://simplicity.com/dv1_v4.cfm?design=5098

Version C. What you'll need to do is make the collar longer, change the front to have no opening and add a seam, and extend the shirt to where you need it.
The back looks exactly the same as the front(Thank God for the anime opening- it shows the back of Aporro's outfit, and I was tearing my hair out over whether or not it was the same or not as Kubo neglected to show any shots of the back of Aporro before release)...

We'll leave the black detail out for now, as I need to explain the sleeves first.
IF you wanted to be perfectly seam accurate, you would need to merge the sleeves with the collar- meaning the collar and sleeve would be one piece. Impossible if you don't use fabric with stretch...and difficult even with. Kubo is an arse sometimes, though, and doesn't usually draw seams, so you can get away with a seam on the collar.

Extend the sleeves to down to the middle of your hand(not hard, just be careful), add the thumb hole and now you can start on the black.
You have two options- line it in black and the black details can be either zippers or bias tape, or take the easy way out and leave it unlined with black bias tape as the detail and of course, have the black zipper in front.
Stretch fabric will cause the bais tape to waver and pucker, so what you need to do before sewing it all together is take the seams where the black is going to be(this includes seams where the zipper is going to be AND the thumbhole and end of the sleeve), and interface them with lightweight to mediumweight interfacing. This will prevent it from wavering and will make it easier to sew.

The stirrups from the Akatsuki are the same as Aporro's, so no difficulty there. I'm sure there are threads on it. (If not, measure around your leg WITH the boot on, take a rectangle of fabric matching those measurements[use the stretch fabric you used earlier- it will be easier to take on and off], put in a 5/8 seam with a zig-zag stitch, slip it over your boot and see how it fits. If it slips, make the seam tighter. If it doesn't, great.
Adding the little stirrup is easy- flip the cylinder you made inside out, measure across your foot between your heel and ball of your foot(meaning the across the middle of your foot), cut a smaller rectangle, hem it, attach it to the cylinder and zig-zag stitch it in place. Make sure your foot with the boot on can still fit inside. If not, seam rip it apart and try again.

Best of luck~!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg szayel back.JPG (28.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Varnani : 06-01-2008 at 05:00 PM. Reason: OOPS.
Varnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #7
thatcrazythang

Thanks alot! very helpful =]
Unread 11-26-2007, 03:43 AM   #8
Asagi-syndrome
Oh the flamboyance~

I am doing Szayel too and Ihave couple of questions. Only clear shots I have seen of his sleeve/glove are those in first post. So there isnt any other special things than the black trim and thumb hole and the gloves are solid white?
And does his pants really have that black trim on that side slit? (yeah, I have tried to google but I am afraid of spoilers and there has not even been full shot or beyond waistline pictures of him, other than that fanart) Just want to make it sure since I want to make accurate outfit
Asagi-syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2007, 11:02 PM   #9
benihime
Kimono Queen

technically he has some stirrup pants (white) that he wears although only in a few shots, but i'd still make it.

his sword hilt is lavender and the scabbard is pink.... oh wait is it the other way around?? ack. watch the newest ending. you see.

as far as i can tell.. they all have that. but just use some bias tape or something so if he doesn't have it you can take it off

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

Unread 11-27-2007, 12:03 AM   #10
Varnani
MY CABBAGES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel-ASAGI View Post
I am doing Szayel too and Ihave couple of questions. Only clear shots I have seen of his sleeve/glove are those in first post. So there isnt any other special things than the black trim and thumb hole and the gloves are solid white?
And does his pants really have that black trim on that side slit? (yeah, I have tried to google but I am afraid of spoilers and there has not even been full shot or beyond waistline pictures of him, other than that fanart) Just want to make it sure since I want to make accurate outfit
The only thing worthy of note regarding his gloves is that there is a line going down each finger as if the gloves have been pressed with an iron to get that crease. Beyond that there should be no extra details.

He appears to wear a hakama 'apron' lined in black over his regular white hakama.

Quote:
his sword hilt is lavender and the scabbard is pink.... oh wait is it the other way around?? ack. watch the newest ending. you see.
As if Szayel didn't get enough crap for having PINK hair...D:<
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WMAdes6gnt4
00:39~00:42

Last edited by Varnani : 11-27-2007 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Added link
Unread 11-27-2007, 01:11 PM   #11
Asagi-syndrome
Oh the flamboyance~

hmm so is it like he is wearing two pairs of hakamas or is that "apron" thing shorter or in other way different from normal hakama? And should it have pleats too? I am so sorry to ask but I have never before heard of such thingy and I nearly got extremely bad spoiled for several things by google picture search (luckily I realized to scroll fast away from those pics...)

edit: added manga version of one pics above, which shows clearly those black straps which I am highly confused about
Attached Images
File Type: jpg syzel zanpakuto.jpg (70.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Asagi-syndrome : 11-27-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Unread 11-27-2007, 09:24 PM   #12
benihime
Kimono Queen

it's a hakama..but i think the board is in the back or something? i dunno like i said i didn't make mine. but studying other espada pictures should help out with that

the stripes just line the slits in the hakama on the side

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

Unread 11-28-2007, 02:04 AM   #13
Varnani
MY CABBAGES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel-ASAGI View Post
hmm so is it like he is wearing two pairs of hakamas or is that "apron" thing shorter or in other way different from normal hakama? And should it have pleats too? I am so sorry to ask but I have never before heard of such thingy and I nearly got extremely bad spoiled for several things by google picture search (luckily I realized to scroll fast away from those pics...)

edit: added manga version of one pics above, which shows clearly those black straps which I am highly confused about
I've attached an image that shows that his "apron" is shorter than his regular hakama. I believe Kubo just added it to be annoying. (Also note how Kubo has forgotten to add Szayel's stirrups. THANKS DUDE.)

Just warning you, depending on how far you are in the manga, this may be a spoiler. Therefore, do not get angry if you click it.

In case it is, the apron ends around mid-shin.

EDIT: I've more or less finished my jacket using the tutorial I posted up there and here's the finished result:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1342369
I even managed to avoid a seam around the neck as per lineart~

The only thing I should mention is that if you line it, the hardest part will be the thumbholes. If you've ever lined a vest, you'll get what you have to do, but if you haven't...? Oh God. Best of luck, I can't even begin to explain how to.
Though I may later, if someone asks.
Attached Images
File Type: png M7_Bleach_Ch274_04.png (148.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Varnani : 11-28-2007 at 02:17 AM.
Unread 11-28-2007, 11:49 AM   #14
Asagi-syndrome
Oh the flamboyance~

well I follow mainly anime but very little of manga too (since he looks like my favourite Ishida, I just have to cosplay him) :P But luckily I do not understand a thing from that pic whats happening, since I am not that far yet.
But thank you very much for that pic! Now I have clear vision of what I am going to do. I already completed the shirt and nearly started to do the pants too since Szayel is so fun to make.

Last edited by Asagi-syndrome : 11-28-2007 at 11:54 AM.
Unread 11-29-2007, 07:51 PM   #15
KatieElric-Chan
will eat your face.

I applaude you for doing a Szayel cosplay!
Arrancar is the only way to do it hun.
The only way.

AMA Cosplays:
Yuuki Cross (Vampire Knight)
Pokemon [Gijinka] Meowth
(Possible!) PJ!Ukraine (Hetalia:Axis Powers)

KatieElric-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote