Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 11-15-2007, 03:04 PM   #1
Terumi
Guilty Jesus Freak

Exclamation Heather/Silent Hill Make-up help!

Hey guys :3

I'm about to head up to AUSA tomorrow and I've been so busy that I haven't been able to do a make-up test for a Heather Morris (Silent Hill) costume. Would anyone have suggestions as to how I should do this?

As most of you may know, Heather has that "I've just cried a river" look to her. So I'm wondering things such as... little or no mascara?/little to no blush/ red under the eyes??/etc.

Here are a few reference photos. Any help would be greatly appreciated <3

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...eather_180.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...w180h262-1.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...h3_heather.jpg

Last edited by Terumi : 11-15-2007 at 03:32 PM.
Terumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-15-2007, 07:49 PM   #2
verdatum
Extremely registered user

I'm more into the monster side of makeup than the beauty makeup, but this sort of straddles genres, so I'll give it a shot.

Thank you for posting good ref photos. As you say, you'll wany to use a red tone under the eyes, actually more of a bruise purple. I really like greasepaint for this, as it can be blended such that the edges are extremely soft, it doesn't take much. put a firmer line of dark purple at the base of the natural bag in your eye (the deepest part of your eye socket) then blend upwards such that the midpoint between the eyesocket and the eyelid is lightest. This accentuates the bags of your eyes and gives that deep sunken eye look.

Eyeshadow should be focused on the inside upper corners of the eyes blending down and away.

The sullen exsanguinated look of her face can be replicated using soft grays, blue-grays, and possibly even purples along the natural shadows of the face. All blended very lightly such that is just a hint of the color. This can be done with powdered makeup or greasepaint, blended with your finger.

Stippling (dotting) gray very lightly can give you that dirty, ashen look. Multiple similar neutral colors can help further to give you that shot complexion look, but you'll still want your natural skintone to come through.

If you want to have hollow cheeks, as can be seen in the first photo, you want to apply a dark grey in the center of the cheek, spreading out and following along the checkbone forming somewhat of an inverted triangle. However, in other photos, she seems roundfaced, so that is up to you.
Unread 11-15-2007, 10:16 PM   #3
agent_airline

Aw heather<3

For foundation, you can finish it with a lighter powder. No blush at all. Nude lipstick...
I agree with verdatum about the eyes, as well as adding some shadow to the top insides, right in the dip above the tear ducts. Then smear it outwards under the browbone. Looks like she was wearing mascara at some point then cried it off or got caught in the rain. Maybe you can apply it, then half-way wash it off, but not overdo it. Keep the effect subtle for the best impact.
Unread 11-20-2007, 11:26 AM   #4
Terumi
Guilty Jesus Freak

Thank you so very much to both of you for your suggestions! <3 I didn't get to use all of them yet because the con came up so quickly and I didn't have some of the suggested materials. But I did try what I could and there are a few photos in my gallery that show some of this.

Thank you so much again ><!! I'll definitely try the rest of the tips and suggestions.
Terumi is offline   Reply With Quote