Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Gundam

Unread 11-15-2007, 04:45 PM   #1
GregoryHouse213

Gundam Cosplay

I am planning a series of costumes based on my favorite mobile suits (in non-otaku, that means giant robots) from the seemingly endless legions of the Gundam Series. This is all well-and-good, but there is a small problem...

I've got no idea what material to use.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. If I know what material to use, then I could have the first costume done by Anime Los Angeles 2008.

I would also like suggestions on which mobile suits to use.

Thank you.

-House
GregoryHouse213 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-15-2007, 05:14 PM   #2
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

First, look in the Props/Accessories thread for excellent tutorials on how to make armor and mechanical parts. No point in reinventing the wheel when most of the research has been done for you. ^_^

I've seen Gundams and other mecha made of cardboard, sheet plastic, thermoformed plastic, foam, stuffed fabric, and pretty much any material imaginable. The first thing to do is to establish your budget -- how much money, time, effort are you planning on putting into this project? That will narrow your materials choices considerably.

You might also check out HeavyArmsDan's (think that's his name!) mobile suits, which he makes out of a variety of materials (including, in one case, a bunch of Lean Cuisine boxes). There are many other MS cosplayers, as well; try doing a costume search for "gundam" and see what pops up.

Good luck!

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote