Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-18-2007, 02:05 PM   #1
Adamoluna

*Changing the colour of your eyebrows!*

okay, so I was wondering how I could effectively change the colour of my eyebrows. I'm cosplaying Felicia from Magna Carta, and I need my eyebrows to be white. My natural colour is blonde and my eyebrows are very thin/sparse, so dying them wouldn't make a huge difference. I want to achieve the look of fuller and more defined eyebrows as well, so if there's a way of doing both colouring and changing the shape/definition of them, I'd be very happy :3

I'm also just generally curious of how to change the colour of your eyebrows and achieving a proper, good-looking result, as I've seen a few who have actually managed to make their eyebrows look naturally, say, blue.

I tried using a white eyeliner and eyeshadow, but it looks very unrealistic :P

x x x
Adamoluna is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-19-2007, 11:22 PM   #2
squkyshoes
Meatbuns!

Nevermind
Ponyo
Finland

Last edited by squkyshoes : 02-11-2008 at 11:04 PM.
squkyshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2007, 11:39 PM   #3
agent_airline

I am one of those people who wears blue eyebrows XD; my weapon of choice is cream eyeshadow (in the soft-pencil form) or colored mascara.

The white mascara that comes on those double-tipped kinds is not actually white, but clear. I haven't tried it, but hair mascara is more opaque.
Unread 11-20-2007, 02:31 AM   #4
verdatum
Extremely registered user

I just use clown white greasepaint. There's this thing called a mustache brush that has stiff short bristles that is reccomended to rub the paint in, but I usually just use my finger.

It's not super realistic, but it's fine at any distance.
Unread 11-20-2007, 05:36 AM   #5
xKyroSx
Peon of JENOVA

This might sound dumb, it might not. I'm also after getting white eyebrows, but my natural colour is a dark brown. Would it be possible, if you put it really close, to white hairspray the brow hairs, so it's a nice temporary colour? Hair on your head and eyebrows are like the same though? I assume this is ok?
xKyroSx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2007, 05:43 PM   #6
Doseimotsuko

where can you get that miraculous thing called HAIR MASCARA?!?! because i need to get me some in red and blonde...
Doseimotsuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2007, 05:48 PM   #7
the LAN warrior

When i did a Drow ( http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1302522 ) i used "Snow White" hair color, a Ben Nye product. Comes with a little brush that makes it easy to brush on to the eyebrows. A small bottle will run you about four bucks.
Unread 11-20-2007, 06:26 PM   #8
squkyshoes
Meatbuns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doseimotsuko View Post
where can you get that miraculous thing called HAIR MASCARA?!?! because i need to get me some in red and blonde...
They sell hair mascara at Sally Beauty Supply. Go to the largest Sallys in your area because they're hard to find.
Ponyo
Finland
squkyshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2007, 09:52 PM   #9
Vertigo Induced

Lol find fur material and glue them on!!!
Vertigo Induced is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2007, 03:01 PM   #10
Adamoluna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo Induced View Post
Lol find fur material and glue them on!!!
Hehe, I will do this someday, but it's not so well fitted for this particular cosplay.

Quote:
I am one of those people who wears blue eyebrows XD; my weapon of choice is cream eyeshadow (in the soft-pencil form) or colored mascara.
This sounds like a genuinely brilliant idea. I will try this!

Quote:
I just use clown white greasepaint. There's this thing called a mustache brush that has stiff short bristles that is reccomended to rub the paint in, but I usually just use my finger.
I have a good face-paint which will do the job for this, I think. I will trythis too, thanks a lot

Quote:
When i did a Drow (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1302522 ) i used "Snow White" hair color, a Ben Nye product.
Cute cosplay!! Though I don't think you can get Ben Nye products over here, so it would have to be off ebay - adding a few dollars to the final sum...
thanks tough!
Unread 11-26-2007, 01:25 PM   #11
ruexbluesummer

what I hear is eye shadow is the way to go.

here's tons of cheap but colorful eye shadow... (inlcuding white)
all for $1!

I've used the pink. I have dark brown hair and have some success.

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/products.asp?dept_id=1004
ruexbluesummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2007, 01:41 PM   #12
EdithKeelerMust
The Space Invader

Once or twice, if I needed a bright color for a long period of time, I have actually taken a dry brush and brushed on a light layer of acrylic paint. It's the most efficient solution I've tried, but be careful if you're going to do this. Acrylic paint = not meant for the skin. Keep it away from your eyes, and be very careful when taking it off... you can usually just get it off with a wet wash cloth, going with the hair.

But, if you have thin eyebrows, you might not want to try it...
EdithKeelerMust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2007, 09:05 PM   #13
Jonetsu
Seamstress Extrordinaire

I did Fran http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1306620 and I had one helluva time figuring out how to do the eyebrows naturally-looking, especially since I have medium-brown hairs. First, I used a stick concealer over the whole eyebrow, blended the outside edges into the rest of the skin, powdered it, then colored over the eyebrow with a white eyeliner pencil, and then painted the individual hairs with a white liquid eyeliner. I had to do 2-3 layers with the eyeliner to get it white enough to really stand out, letting it dry in between each. If you have light hairs, you may be able to skip the concealer step.

~Planned~In Progress~Wishlist~Completed~

~Nolanverse Harley Quinn~Seras Victoria~Fran~Rayne~L~Faye~Lulu~Gaara~Priss~Harley Quinn~Sei~Maya Natsume~Nuriko~Femme Vash~Rouge~

I do take commissions! They're high-quality, one of kind pieces custom-made for each client!
Jonetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2007, 02:11 PM   #14
Adamoluna

phew! sounds difficult, Jonetsu!
But you look awesome as Fran! definitly worth a try! thanks so much
Unread 11-28-2007, 10:11 PM   #15
Regena
Femme Fatale

what if i want to do a type of greenish eye brow, or a dark blue, what kinda products can u recommend to pull that off?