Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-13-2008, 06:58 PM   #31
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

I find that brightly coloured eyebrows tend to stand out too much and look jarring - we're more used to seeing crazy hair colours than eyebrows. For bright wigs I like to take some eyeshadow or eyeliner of the same colour and add it to my brown eyebrows; just adds a tint of the colour which looks more natural.

Remember that most people's brows are a bit darker than their natural hair, so if you had a bright blue wig you'd want dull or dark blue brows.

White brows are hard to pull off. I prefer not to bother as I find it often looks weird or fake.

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-14-2008, 11:31 AM   #32
AbbytehAWESOME
your local stoner Allen

I used white eyeshadow to turn my eyebrows and eelashes whiet for my Allen cosplay. My eyelashes made me so happy. xD
Nan Desu Kan: Denver

Currently Working on...
D. Gray-man: Allen, third uniform plus Crown Clown Omega and sword! (for Anime Wasabi)
uniform - 75%
sword - 50%
mask - 80%

ARG PROGRESSSSSS
AbbytehAWESOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2008, 03:15 PM   #33
Shirouchan22
The Natural Showoff

I'll be using the ice styling glue for my Hitsugaya cosplay and Allen Walker cosplay on the eyebrows and parts of the hair that remain showing as black.

My main question is whether or not it is better to color the eyebrows. I have only seen a handful of people pull off the colored eyebrows, that's why. I'd also like to know how exactly those people are able to make it look natural.
Shirouchan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2008, 03:28 PM   #34
RealitySandwich
w00t

REALLY colored white eyebrows usually end up looking like no eyebrows, which looks strange most of the time...

In Progress:
Amaterasu Sakura Li (Tsubasa) Grell Sutcliff Rockstar Haruhi Suzumiya Lightning

Planned:
Sailor Moon Super Noel Vermillion Haruhara Haruko Megurine Luka Magnet Ver. Anti-Spiral Nia Teppelin

Ukitake Jushiro from Bleach cosplay for sale! Includes hakama, kosode, haori, “obi”, and twin-swords. Can buy separate pieces or complete costume. PM for pictures and details
RealitySandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2008, 06:01 PM   #35
Shirouchan22
The Natural Showoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealitySandwich View Post
REALLY colored white eyebrows usually end up looking like no eyebrows, which looks strange most of the time...
So do ya reccommend just keeping them black then?
Shirouchan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2008, 06:16 PM   #36
RealitySandwich
w00t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirouchan22 View Post
So do ya reccommend just keeping them black then?
For my yoko kurama I pretty much just ran some white eyeliner through them. Didn't end up using white eyeshadow on top of that (I forgot). I think gray is tolerable, but with black eyebrows you have to make sure you don't have like, salt and pepper eyebrows xDD

In Progress:
Amaterasu Sakura Li (Tsubasa) Grell Sutcliff Rockstar Haruhi Suzumiya Lightning

Planned:
Sailor Moon Super Noel Vermillion Haruhara Haruko Megurine Luka Magnet Ver. Anti-Spiral Nia Teppelin

Ukitake Jushiro from Bleach cosplay for sale! Includes hakama, kosode, haori, “obi”, and twin-swords. Can buy separate pieces or complete costume. PM for pictures and details
RealitySandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2008, 06:32 PM   #37
Krissay-face
Managed to avoid drowning

Do all these techniques apply to bleach blond too? o:
I haven't heard anyone say anything about that.
Sugar Mountain - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Krissay-face is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 03:12 AM   #38
emokif66

I'm trying to get orange eyebrows for my first cosplay whcih is Axel from KH
emokif66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 08:31 PM   #39
november.eyes
Srsly.

Lol, comon guys, I put up a tutorial on changing your eyebrow colour months ago! XD It will work for white as well and you easily change your eyebrow shape with it as well by just painting over the part of your eyebrow you want to be hidden with skin colour paint.

Tutorial: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=152632

What's all this about glueing fake fur onto your eyebrows? I'm getting images of big bushy catepillars stuck to your face XD
november.eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2008, 01:37 AM   #40
KimDao

^ Wow, thanks so much for that
The eyebrows look really cool I remembered trying to get mine blonde, I put on a whole load of concealer on it, it looked so weird Never doing that again xD
KimDao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #41
Sillybean

Hey all. I have yet to see someone post a pic of themselves using hair mascara so I thought I would contribute. I just tried the stuff and it was okay. I used pink hair mascara I got from ebay and put it only on one eyebrow and tried it out with my pink wig. http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2542548/ In natural light the eyebrow looked way more pink. So i think for lack of time, I'm just going to use this method for Acen.

Oh and I also just tried the glue stick method of covering one's eyebrows. Works like a charm. Looks like crud in extreme close up but if you are that close to my face I had better know you intimately :3 http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2546960/

Last edited by Sillybean : 05-12-2010 at 12:53 AM.
Sillybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2010, 03:07 PM   #42
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

for my boyfriends squalo cosplay i had use both silver and white eyeliner. i thought the white would just look too white and plain so i through the silver in there for good measure and ey looked really good.

★Next Projects★
tsutaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #43
Angeltx441
Blargle....Blah...Meh....

Smooth down your eyebrows with water on a small small paint brush, then dip the brush in elmers glue and lightly brush it on to your brows, then use a crappy eyeshadow brush to brush on eyeshadow thats the color you need. Do this quickly as the glue will dry fast. Just remember to not touch your eyebrows, they powder wont come off, but the elmers glue could peel and show. It is easy removal. Ive found that with the acrylic paint it is more likely to hold on to the hairs and you might miss a few when you peel it away, but if you water them and powder them it comes off real quick and if you are really careful you can re use them and water and glue them back down.
Angeltx441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 01:51 PM   #44
LolitaiX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeltx441 View Post
Smooth down your eyebrows with water on a small small paint brush, then dip the brush in elmers glue and lightly brush it on to your brows, then use a crappy eyeshadow brush to brush on eyeshadow thats the color you need. Do this quickly as the glue will dry fast. Just remember to not touch your eyebrows, they powder wont come off, but the elmers glue could peel and show. It is easy removal. Ive found that with the acrylic paint it is more likely to hold on to the hairs and you might miss a few when you peel it away, but if you water them and powder them it comes off real quick and if you are really careful you can re use them and water and glue them back down.
i do this also but i use a glue stick much easier and it drys clear and fast and doesnt peal elmers is awesome
use a washcloth with warm water dab it and let it sit for a min then when the glue is soft u can loosin it with the cloths and then wash it off its pretty safe

"holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal to throw at some one else, in the end you're the one who gets burned"
LolitaiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 09:04 PM   #45
Eun
This is not updated.

I actually have a question. I have a bit of tan skin and I'm trying to cosplay a character that is blonde. Blondes usually have brown eyebrows but I'm afraid that if I use a brown it might end up blending in with my skin and look odd. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Eun is offline   Reply With Quote