Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-15-2008, 12:54 AM   #106
TybaltFlux
FORCE-CHOKE

Oh wow, the thread was revived! PLY WELL.

I'm all over the place in SC during the week (well usually from the north to Columbia), and I'd really try to make a gathering if you guys arrange one .

As for Katsu, I hope all of you guys can make it! It's tied for my favorite con cuz it's so spazztaculorly awesome, and the more of us SC-ers, the spazzmerrier!

Unread 11-15-2008, 11:48 AM   #107
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

My favorite con is Anime Weekend Atlanta hands down (Animazement is my home con though! haha.) I just love AWA and i always seem to have fun driving there/back and also at the con.

Potential Costumes Aisha Clan Clan, WilyKat, Storm
!*Jessi-Chan*! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2008, 12:17 PM   #108
TybaltFlux
FORCE-CHOKE

This was my first year going to AWA, and it was fun, despite only going for a day and a half. I really digged the area, though! It's a lot lifelier and such. The Subway there did not have five dollar footlongs, though >:|.

I think we're all in a general consensus that SC needs it's own (big) con. AZ is fun, but our state has to step up as well ;P.
Unread 11-15-2008, 12:21 PM   #109
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

NO FIVE DOLLAR FOOTLONGS!!!! That's like blasphemy! I am angered!
haha. I was unable to attend AWA this year and i really really hated that.

SC does truly need its own big con. We seem to be the only state lacking a con now-a-days. We do have Nashicon at USC in April. I'm thinking that event will probably continue to grow. For the comic lovers we have Xcon World. First year was blah, but i'm sure it might grow more. I guess we just have to give the events time to grow. AZ has been around for HOW many years now (a whole bunch i think) and so have other cons (Katsucon is, 15 years i think. AWA will be 15 as well me thinks) I dont really plan to move out of SC ever so we NEEEEED a bigger con. haha

I've never been to Momocon, but i heard its pretty nice sized. Its run by a college club so prehaps Nashicon will be the next Momocon. lol. Ya know, if NC got another con i think i'd be even happy with that. I'm going to start going to Heroes Con in Charlotte next year, but i want another anime con.

Potential Costumes Aisha Clan Clan, WilyKat, Storm
!*Jessi-Chan*! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 12:38 AM   #110
FireKat

i'm in beaufort area. i'd like to join. is there any anime clubs around here? cause i wanna start one if not.
FireKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 11:54 AM   #111
wrymon

Yeah I too found out the hard way about the Five Dollar Footlongs. D:

Yes - SC needs a con badly. It's like wow the state above and below us, and the ones above and below them have cons. SC though ... hasn't quite got with the program. Hopefully Nashicon will grow to be a big deal - that would be great. It would be even better if we had that lovely convention plus another huge one.

Momocon is a great con in my opinion, I go every year and it's really grown. Hopefully it's success will rub off on our state.
Unread 11-16-2008, 12:24 PM   #112
Bur Loire
AZURE DOKUGANRYU

Yeah omg I <3 MomoCon even though this year is the first year I went LOL!

IF THERE IS A COSPLAY PLAYDATE YOU KNOW I'LL BE THERE OMG. Just let me know in advance so I can ask off for that date <3

And I am SO going to Katsu cause there is going to be a huge FFXII group there and you know I can't say no to FFXII. XDDDD

I am BEYOND sad that I missed NashiCon. T__T BEYOOOOND.
Bur Loire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 12:34 PM   #113
FireKat

lol i'm new to "doing" the cosplay stuff, always wanted to though. Finally sorta did it... i guess halloween counts.... see my pic... gothic loli vampire. ha! LOL XD

Well how many people here are close to beaufort sc? i mean if there were some it wouldn't be hard to create an anime club and or a cosplay club.....
Unread 11-16-2008, 12:37 PM   #114
wrymon

Haha! Yeah you go to Momocon once, and you get addicted to it.

By the way, I meant tell you Bur that I saw your Lind in action at AWA and it pretty much made my life complete, haha. I was heading over to compliment you but then I got yanked away and lost you in the crowd.

I hope I get to attend Katsucon, because more or less the huge (probably epic) FFXII group is going to be rushed by my camera and I for photos.
Unread 11-16-2008, 12:37 PM   #115
FireKat

oh and yes i'm a dude.... a big firefighter dude... so no it wasn't easy to dress like that and pull it off.... but i did and none of my friends recognized me... actually was kinda creepy a few times......yeah we won't go there. LOL
Unread 11-16-2008, 12:44 PM   #116
Gwiffen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bur Loire View Post
And I am SO going to Katsu cause there is going to be a huge FFXII group there and you know I can't say no to FFXII. XDDDD
Wut. I thought epic FF12 was for Momocon! Gaaaaah!! That's one less month for crazy leg armor I haven't even started yet!! *panic attack*
Gwiffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 01:12 PM   #117
_MeKuS_

I just moved to the NC area, and I'm pretty close to SC...about two and a half hours away from Columbia actually. If you guys ever get together or the like, I'd love to try and make it!

By the way, your thoughts on Animazement and Katsucon? I wanted to check them out but I need to budget. Hee. DragonCon Pretty much consumes all my money.
_MeKuS_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 01:52 PM   #118
alicat
<3s thewinekone

Momocon is funnn.~ I've been twice before and had a great time. And I have a super fun cosplay planned for next year.

Yesss, I'd love to hear thoughts on Katsu too. I'm really hoping to go next year. You're doing more FF XII Bur? Sounds interesting. I'm sure it'll turn out amazing!

I'd absolutely love it if we planned something between now and Katsu, because February just seems so far awayyy. T_T Maybe like a xmas or new year gathering? :3

Future Cosplays
- Hachikuji : Bakemonogatari
- Nill : DOGS
- Ranka: Macross Frontier

Current Obsession : God of Study drama

~ NYAPPY! ~
o ( ) o
alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 04:16 PM   #119
Bur Loire
AZURE DOKUGANRYU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwiffen View Post
Wut. I thought epic FF12 was for Momocon! Gaaaaah!! That's one less month for crazy leg armor I haven't even started yet!! *panic attack*
EHHHHHH!? WE'RE DOING FF12 FOR MOMO????? *faints*
I had no idea XDDDD

There is another group doing FFXII that I want to join at Katsu, cause I think you and I are the only ones from our group attending Katsu XDDDD

Taci>>>OMG REALLLAH!? Thank you so much! Poor Lind hasn't traveled very well, so it wasn't perfect at AWA, so I was all kinda like....."IMMA GUNNA WEAR SPITFIRE ALL DAY INSTEAD <3"

Which is what I did LOL XD

YAY AIR GEARRRRR! XD

Ali>>>OMG. WANT AMU AND IKUTO PICTURE TOGETHEEEEEEEEEEERRRR.
And Yes maybe New Years or something soon! I might be doing something for XMas already, but if not I'll let everyone know I guess LOL XD
Bur Loire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 04:39 PM   #120
Gwiffen

*confuuuuuuuuused*

I know we're doing TWEWY for Momo, but are we doing FF12 also? What is everyone in the group doing for Momo??
Gwiffen is offline   Reply With Quote