Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 11-21-2007, 05:09 PM   #1
Angel Tifa
Survivor of Horror 4-ever

Post The Official FFVII Cosplay Thread

Instead of making a bunch of threads about Final Fantasy VII, I thought it would be nice to post our FFVII cosplay works, ask about anything of FFVIII cosplay, or say "I wanna cosplay *insert FFVIII character*", all in one thread. This thread will also discuss any cosplay of any FFVII Compilation (FFVII Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, Before Crisis, Crisis Core, etc.). Kind of like in the video game cosplay forum there's a Resident Evil cosplay thread, Silent Hill cosplay thread, Guilty Gear cosplay thread, Devil May Cry cosplay thread, and so one. Sound good?

I'll start off by saying that I just just fixed (once again) the materia on my Tifa glove, but only this time instead of using those cheap game beads (in the end, they would just refuse to permanently stay on XD), I made my materia pieces out of the button covers you can get at any fabrics store. They also have loops so that way I can sew them into my glove and they can permanently stay in. I hot glued the two peices together because I know it worked because I also used botton covers for my Jill Valentine Shoulder gaurds ^^. Then I painted the button covers of the materia colors and then used sculpey glaze so the paint would not scratch as easily ^^. Next time I wear it again at a con, I'll see for sure if it will work .

2008 Cosplay list:
Ada Wong/Resident Evil 2 Completed
Heather Mason/Silent Hill 3 Completed

I claim -Tifa Lockhart/Final Fantasy VII- at the claiming thread
Angel Tifa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-22-2007, 02:45 AM   #2
blazinvire
I need a Title

I'm remaking my Cloud costume so it doesn't look so jerry-rigged,
Planning to make the sword using a wonderflex base, a layer of that computer packaging plastic on both sides and then proceed to drown it in paint and resin. Hopefully it'll look less dodgy than my first attempt at cloud 's sword a heck of a lot lighter.
Although I have the whole thing figured out, I'm kinda having trouble finding all the parts like the packaging plastic and proper buckles.
Unread 11-22-2007, 05:55 AM   #3
JRock_Luvr
That one chick D:

I'm hoping to cosplay as FFVII Yuffie from Dirge Of Cerberus
Any suggestions at all would probably help
*hasn't started yet but has ideas on how to possibly make her outfits*
Moogle disguise help is greatly appreciated! <3
JRock_Luvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2007, 06:59 PM   #4
Bida-san
Azn Crazyness

Good idea, having this thread^^
I'm pretty new to cosplay, but I wanna do a Cloud cosplay in near future...
So if any of you have done Cloud before, and have tips, suggestions on how to make the costyme etc. I would appreciate it!^^
Unread 11-22-2007, 07:35 PM   #5
.Rallion.
Wacky Zacky

Good idea for a thread!

Anywho, I'm planning on and have started making a Zack, 2nd class. I've got the shirt and pants sorted (although I may get different pants, they're a bit darker than I first thought) and I know roughly how I'm gonna do his belts and 'suspenders' and SOLDIER sword. For the big belt I'm going to mod a cheap wrestling belt, and I'm going to make the 'suspenders' from leather, with proper rivets and everything. And I'm probably going to make the pauldrons out of an old computer case.

The one thing I'm currently stuck on are the boots. I don't want to get 'near accurate' boots which look nothing like the proper ones, so what I'm thinking of doing is getting pair with a close to accurate sole and taking it apart, then making Zack's boot out of it.

Join the white text club!
Cosplays on hold for funds:
Zack Fair (Crisis Core) 32% complete

Legend of six - A free browser based Role Playing Game!
.Rallion. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2007, 05:11 PM   #6
Angel Tifa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bida-san View Post
Good idea, having this thread^^
I'm pretty new to cosplay, but I wanna do a Cloud cosplay in near future...
So if any of you have done Cloud before, and have tips, suggestions on how to make the costyme etc. I would appreciate it!^^
Thanks guys . I haven't crossplayed Cloud, but I am still currently remodifying my FemCloud. The wig I'm going to need some tips on, but I can help you making the Buster Sword if you want or if you wanna make your own . I made mine myself back in 2005. Some of the supplies I've used are foamboard, pvc pipes, pvc pipe cutter, hot glue, and an X-Acto knife.

2008 Cosplay list:

Unread 11-24-2007, 09:41 AM   #7
Bida-san
Azn Crazyness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Tifa View Post
Thanks guys . I haven't crossplayed Cloud, but I am still currently remodifying my FemCloud. The wig I'm going to need some tips on, but I can help you making the Buster Sword if you want or if you wanna make your own . I made mine myself back in 2005. Some of the supplies I've used are foamboard, pvc pipes, pvc pipe cutter, hot glue, and an X-Acto knife.
I don't know if I'm gonna make sword or buy it (well i'm gonna buy it anyway, nice to collect:P). I'm not even sure if I'm gonna have the sword the first time I cosplay himXD But I'll keep that in mind! Thanks! Did your sword turn out good?
Unread 11-24-2007, 06:11 PM   #8
Angel Tifa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bida-san View Post
I don't know if I'm gonna make sword or buy it (well i'm gonna buy it anyway, nice to collect:P). I'm not even sure if I'm gonna have the sword the first time I cosplay himXD But I'll keep that in mind! Thanks! Did your sword turn out good?

I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging, but I love the way my Buster Sword came out so I thought it turned out great . There's a pic of it in my gallery under "In-Progress". Here's the pic;

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=809746

2008 Cosplay list:

Unread 11-24-2007, 06:51 PM   #9
A19Riku

well on the discussion of buster swords i would suggest using styrefoam as opposed to foam board only for this particular project due to the length of the sword normally i love using foam board but due to the size of the buster sword i don't think it would hold up as well because your going to have seams in it which will weaken the overall structure i know im myself planning to either make a new buster sword or make all six swords from advent children to go with my outfit some time in the future and get rid of my utterly ghetto one
and i think that for this project the way to go would be to make the body out of styrefoam (you can buy it in 8' by 4' by 1" sheets at home depo) then running a pvc pipe as far up the body as possible and the using papermache to strengthen it but i do know some people might prefer to strenghten it more with resin

but ya just thought id throw my view out there

Conventions 2010: Con Nooga, MTAC, Dragoncon?, AWA
A19Riku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2007, 01:15 AM   #10
Angel Tifa

Quote:
Originally Posted by A19Riku View Post
well on the discussion of buster swords i would suggest using styrefoam as opposed to foam board only for this particular project due to the length of the sword normally i love using foam board but due to the size of the buster sword i don't think it would hold up as well because your going to have seams in it which will weaken the overall structure i know im myself planning to either make a new buster sword or make all six swords from advent children to go with my outfit some time in the future and get rid of my utterly ghetto one
and i think that for this project the way to go would be to make the body out of styrefoam (you can buy it in 8' by 4' by 1" sheets at home depo) then running a pvc pipe as far up the body as possible and the using papermache to strengthen it but i do know some people might prefer to strenghten it more with resin

but ya just thought id throw my view out there

What do you mean weakening the seams? You mean because foamboard might be too heavy? When I carried mine around a convention it was a tad bit heavy, but I can still lift it up a lot okay. It has lasted me for two years now .

Since my Buster Sword was modelled after the classic FFVII Buster Sword, I didn't shove the PVC pipe all the way up because than that would cover the two holes. Instead I drew a bit of a diagram where I had to plan out where the pipes would go . So I also had to join some with pipe elbows. Gosh I'll have to redraw that diagram sometime and show you guys XD. I have a scanner so it's probably do-able.

2008 Cosplay list:

Unread 11-25-2007, 08:14 AM   #11
Bida-san
Azn Crazyness

Quote:
I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging, but I love the way my Buster Sword came out so I thought it turned out great . There's a pic of it in my gallery under "In-Progress". Here's the pic;

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=809746
Wow, that looks amazing!^^
Though if I'm gonna make sword, I think it will be AC version... Because I'm doing AC Cloud. But i'm gonna classic Cloud too someday, and classic Buster Sword is win^^
Unread 11-29-2007, 11:18 AM   #12
Inoli
I Nom Swords

o.O; Heavy Discussion lol. Anyhow I need a few opinion and help as I'm putting together Angeal Hewley from Crisis Core. Got a good start on him, just there are details and debates on a few things that are making me chomp at the bit.
Angeal's Sweater is..... Black? or is it just an extremely dark dark blue? the scans I have make it look like both.
The soldier belts: Black in Crisis Core Correct?
and the one that is really getting to me- just like Thores's artwork for TB as it changes every picture!: the belt Symbol is this? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...i/sbeltsym.jpg maybe? maybe not?
Bleh! if only my freinds woudl let me steal their PSP's and play instead of just watching- I dont care if I dont read Japanese I'll make due! <3
any help is appreciated ^^

[/color] [/size]
Inoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2007, 01:57 PM   #13
Angel Tifa

@ Bina-san- Thank You ! Yeah classic anything for the win all the way !

@ Inoli- Well do you have any reference pics of the character? Also has the game been released (I'm a bit behind times XD)? Because if it has than I haven't played the game yet so I'd need to see pics. If it hasn't, my opinion is always to wait until the games come out before cosplaying the characters. I understand that people like to cosplay characters from a game or anime that hasn't been released yet, but if you do that how will you know or get the perfect feel for what the character is like? I myself would rather not cosplay a character until you have at least played the game once or until you know you like the character, but thats just my suggestion and two cents.

2008 Cosplay list:

Unread 11-29-2007, 10:34 PM   #14
A19Riku

Quote:
What do you mean weakening the seams? You mean because foamboard might be too heavy? When I carried mine around a convention it was a tad bit heavy, but I can still lift it up a lot okay. It has lasted me for two years now .

Since my Buster Sword was modelled after the classic FFVII Buster Sword, I didn't shove the PVC pipe all the way up because than that would cover the two holes. Instead I drew a bit of a diagram where I had to plan out where the pipes would go . So I also had to join some with pipe elbows. Gosh I'll have to redraw that diagram sometime and show you guys XD. I have a scanner so it's probably do-able.

oh by seams i mean the places where 2 ends of the foam board will meet bc as far as i know i have yet to see foamboard pieces that are long enough to make the full length of clouds sword. The sword would be more likely to break bc its not a solid piece even though the foam itself is rather light ,when you get such a long piece its hard to hold it from the end without it breaking but if you used a pipe in it i don't think it would matter as much but still i just find it a safer bet to stick to one piece rather than combining if its possible

and ya the classic look would need the holes but i know due to the fact that i made mine in only 2 hours i didn't have time to bother with it but nice job at making the hole apparent

Conventions 2010: Con Nooga, MTAC, Dragoncon?, AWA
A19Riku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2007, 11:25 AM   #15
Inoli
I Nom Swords

Quote:

@ Inoli- Well do you have any reference pics of the character? Also has the game been released (I'm a bit behind times XD)? .
Thanks for your Feed Back Angel Tifa. here are a few of the referance pics I have, same pose differnt colorisations- slightly. Pic 1 pic 2
and no Crisis Core has yet to be releaced.
Where I'd have to say that yes doing unreleaced games and or anime in the US will get you plenty of looks- going to keep a tab of how many people call me Zack, got three marked already. I do find that you CAN Mess up and noone will notice. you do get props for doing an unknown anime/manga or something select few know about beforhand. and besides it's COSPLAY if I get somethign wrong oh drat oh dear, thsi is for fun not life threatening. I've read enough translations watched the game played enough to know who Angeal is and sorta how he acts. not everyone is in character 100% at cons- though it would be interesting- so that too can yeld to some leaniance.
Besides when I asked my friends this question I got blank looks and a small debate going. thought I'd ask for an oppinion outside of my relm of knowlage. ^^;
I'm not OCD over anything Final fantacy- my Amano Setzer has many a flaw and work...if it was Trinity blood- another issue all together. ;P

[/color] [/size]
Inoli is offline   Reply With Quote