Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 04-29-2008, 08:38 PM   #196
Reno_FFVII
Reno_FFVII

just curious how everything is going with all of your costumes? I hope everything is coming along nicely without any big headaches. =)

Unread 04-29-2008, 10:22 PM   #197
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

I'm currantly waiting for the matrieals for my Sephy armour to show up. Then I'll be starting work on that. Currantly at a pause as I'm due to house move next month.
Sephiroth(Dissidia FF and Classic) - Abel Nightroad(Empire, Early AX white jacket, AX Artbook and Gold Armour with BOOK O' DOOOMM) - Cain Nightroad(Trinity Blood Artbook) - Madam Red and Undertaker(Kuroshitsuji) - Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter films) - Legolas(Lord of The Rings Films) -

Trinity Blood - when one Nightroad is never enough. Experience it for yourself today!
Sephirayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2008, 11:44 PM   #198
Reno_FFVII
Reno_FFVII

Smile awsome!

that is so awsome! Sephiroth is my favorite villain of all time! cant wait to see your costume @ 100% thats going to be amazing =) are you going to be at AN 08? and by the way I love Heroes and your Claire costume is very good =)
Unread 04-30-2008, 02:55 AM   #199
Uberwekkness
Just wekkin' it up...

Well, I finished aging some of the stuff on Yuffie's costume (the leg thing, the metal on the headband, and the upper right arm thing.) I'm still trying to get off my butt to finish smoothing the shoulder armor so I can paint that too.

And as soon as I get some green fabric to match the shirt, I'll officially have all the materials I need (except for some pesky belt buckles) to finish my costume!
Unread 04-30-2008, 02:58 AM   #200
Reno_FFVII
Reno_FFVII

I think your yuffie costume is coming along great! keep up the good work =)
Unread 04-30-2008, 05:44 AM   #201
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Well, my wigs shipped, so Iíll be able to get to work on those soon. ^^ I still havenít got much of a start on Genesis- the costume is commissioned, but I still need to make his wing (he has incredibly long feathers o_0;; ) and maybe try my hand and making a book cover like that of Loveless.

Lucrecia is almost finished. I just need to make the lab coat, ID card, wig, and to attach some ribbon to the skirt. ^^ There are some pictures of the little odds and ends of the costume in my gallery, and hopefully Iíll be able to post some photos of the in-progress costume soon. ^^
Unread 04-30-2008, 12:52 PM   #202
Reno_FFVII
Reno_FFVII

kazephyr you are doing a great job.

P.S. my cousin loves those shoes =)
Unread 04-30-2008, 01:10 PM   #203
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Quote:
kazephyr you are doing a great job.

P.S. my cousin loves those shoes =)
Thank you very much. ^^ Itís the first costume Iíve ever made almost entirely from scratch, so Iím kind of nervous about it. ^^;;

When I first saw the shoes in the store, I thought Lucreciaís were solid red, and that Iíd have to paint them (in some in-game cut-scenes, she actually does have solid red shoes, though in most of the game they have black heels o_0;; ).Then, when I looked at the reference picture again, I was about jumping for joy. ^^;; I still canít believe how lucky I was to find them ^^;;

There, Iíve added a 70% completed photo of Lucrecia's costume to my gallery (at my last posting, I only had the jewelry and shoes up). ^^
Unread 04-30-2008, 05:49 PM   #204
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Reno: Amano Aeris is almost done, FFVII-wise . I need to finish a little more beadwork on her dress, and then I have to get around to order another wig head and her wig (of course =O). I might make her staff too, but it's still up in the air.

@Uber: Your Yuffie looks great so far! It's really adorable and I can't wait for everything to pull together . It looks amazing so far ^_^.

@Kaze: I love your progress! It looks really nice so far ^_^. I know exactly how you feel about finding THE perfect shoes at a crazy price ._. My Aeris boots were on clearance for about $10?, and just the heel and the HOT PINKness just killed me o.o I refused to get out of the store without them XD Perfect Amano shoes or what!

And the other day I did see a pic of Genesis with wings, and omgosh!!! I'd love to see those wings if you ever get around to do them! I myself would soon be surrounded in feathers b/c of my original costume and my upcoming cosplay of Wing Kirby. Lmao featherss....x_x!!
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 06:31 PM   #205
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Quote:
@Kaze: I love your progress! It looks really nice so far ^_^. I know exactly how you feel about finding THE perfect shoes at a crazy price ._. My Aeris boots were on clearance for about $10?, and just the heel and the HOT PINKness just killed me o.o I refused to get out of the store without them XD Perfect Amano shoes or what!

And the other day I did see a pic of Genesis with wings, and omgosh!!! I'd love to see those wings if you ever get around to do them! I myself would soon be surrounded in feathers b/c of my original costume and my upcoming cosplay of Wing Kirby. Lmao featherss....x_x!!

I'm going to try very hard to get the wing done before Jafax, and I think I should have enough time if I begin quickly. ^^ It's going to be a process for sure, but I think it will pay off nicely in the end. ^^
Unread 04-30-2008, 06:59 PM   #206
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

Lol I love the Amano designs so much ^__^ he's one of my favorite painters, the man's a genius lol! I have a few other Amano/hybrid (for the older FF's) characters I want to do next; I even planned out a Cloud ^_^.

Despite the fact that I'm not really fond of Aeris' character, her Amano designs are the best for the VII cast b/c there's just so many lol! I'm excited to finish mine, but sometimes I don't feel like it's Amano enough ^_^...maybe if I upload a progress pic of me in the whole thing, you guys can help a girl out lol.
Unread 04-30-2008, 07:09 PM   #207
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Quote:
Lol I love the Amano designs so much ^__^ he's one of my favorite painters, the man's a genius lol! I have a few other Amano/hybrid (for the older FF's) characters I want to do next; I even planned out a Cloud ^_^.

Despite the fact that I'm not really fond of Aeris' character, her Amano designs are the best for the VII cast b/c there's just so many lol! I'm excited to finish mine, but sometimes I don't feel like it's Amano enough ^_^...maybe if I upload a progress pic of me in the whole thing, you guys can help a girl out lol.
Yes, Amano is an incredible artist. ^^ I'd like to make an Amano-based Setzer or Sephiroth. ^^ It would be cool to see Amano Cloud, you should do it sometime. ^^

Admittedly, though, his designs can also be hard to pull off. His images usually show garments flowing in ways that are difficult to imitate due to gravity. ^^;; I'd love to see what you have for Aeris so far (I saw your boots in your gallery, by the way; they're awesome ^^).
Unread 04-30-2008, 08:01 PM   #208
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

Yay thanks! I'm aware that his stuff is kinda gravity-defying (not to mention crazily detailed), but I never intended to directly take from his illustrations as the cosplay; I use it as a reference and influence. It would be weird to directly cosplay off of them personally, it wouldn't seem right..

I would love to see an Amano Setzer and Sephy! I really like Setzer's cloak that Amano did ^_^. His versions of Cloud are really cool too, I especially like the one where he has "moonboots" (as I call them. They're white yay! XD).
Unread 04-30-2008, 09:20 PM   #209
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno_FFVII View Post
that is so awsome! Sephiroth is my favorite villain of all time! cant wait to see your costume @ 100% thats going to be amazing =) are you going to be at AN 08? and by the way I love Heroes and your Claire costume is very good =)
Arrigatoh i-mas *bows*.

I'm not going to AN 08. I'm based in the UK and at the moment can't afford any conventions aboard. Would love to attend a US event someday.

Kazephyr, I'm really looking forward to your Lucrecia. She is stunning character and I love to see cosplays of her.
Sephiroth(Dissidia FF and Classic) - Abel Nightroad(Empire, Early AX white jacket, AX Artbook and Gold Armour with BOOK O' DOOOMM) - Cain Nightroad(Trinity Blood Artbook) - Madam Red and Undertaker(Kuroshitsuji) - Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter films) - Legolas(Lord of The Rings Films) -

Trinity Blood - when one Nightroad is never enough. Experience it for yourself today!
Sephirayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2008, 03:22 AM   #210
Reno_FFVII
Reno_FFVII

Hey guys, I am doing pretty good with my Reno costume however I would like to hire someone to make Reno's weapon for me because I tried to make it myself but that was a complete disaster so if there is anyone out there with the know-how please drop me a line thanks.