Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 11-21-2007, 06:44 PM   #1
Gravitationxx--
Pineapple Samba!

Eyeliner Technique for..

Ryou Bakura. He's got that crazy lining with his eye's. Could anyone give me some pointers on how to do his eye with eyeliner. I would love pointers on both of them. I have had an extremely difficult time with it. Im not exactly the best with make up either.

Example below;
Lenalee ( Thinking about it. )
Hibari Kyouya ( 25% done )
Gravitationxx-- is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-21-2007, 10:17 PM   #2
Doctor Blind

I prefer liquid eyeliner (this kind, to be exact) to pencil because I like its effect better, but if you don't feel comfortable with it or if it's harder for you to use liquid, than you might want to try pencil.
Just go around your eyes with the eyeliner. I line my inner rims because I think it looks better, but if you have sensitive eyes or the eyeliner that you have irritates them, don't.
Don't overdo it - you don't want raccoon eyes - but for eyes like this guy's I'd maybe extend the line where the bottom and top eyeliner meets (Egyptian style). You might want to make it thicker in some parts.
I'm no makeup expert, but I hope this helps~ Try experimenting and I'm sure you'll find something.

Faris (FFV)
Felix (Golden Sun: The Lost Age)
Flora (Professor Layton & The Curious Village)
Doctor Blind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2007, 11:05 PM   #3
calen383
mendacity to the max

Another tip to add on: use a regular pencil eye liner to fill in the space really close to your eyes. Using liquid eyeliner runs a risk of getting it in there, and that is not fun. Pencil eliminates that. Then used the liquid eyeliner over that. And if you put it on your lids to fill them in, close your eyes all the way for a minute before you open them so nothing smears.
Cons planned: Otakon 11 - NYCC 11 - AnimeBoston 12
calen383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2007, 06:58 PM   #4
Gravitationxx--
Pineapple Samba!

Ah. Thank you two. I'll expiriment with it. I have until my next Mall meet and Animazement. I have never tried my inner eye, For me it always came out to thin or it smeared.
Lenalee ( Thinking about it. )
Hibari Kyouya ( 25% done )
Gravitationxx-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2007, 10:58 PM   #5
Narine
Armenian and proud of it

Hmm.. I think what you should do is not just eyeliner but lashes. Like:

With liquid, make sort of thin line on top lid, sliiightly thicker as you go out ward
Then same on bottom but verrrry thin. Then, I would put white liner in the inner rim, because i think this will make your eyes pop out more.

Then last, put a couple lashes that are just barely longer on the outter parts of your top and bottom lash line.

might work, might not, but you could try.
Narine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2009, 10:30 PM   #6
k2thyme

I would reccomend putting eye liner on it thinner near the inner corners of your eyes on the top and bottom, and thicker near the outer corners of your eyes. Samw with mascara, more near the outsides, and prrobably extending the lines egyptian style a bit too.