Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 03-17-2012, 07:54 AM   #1711
Windswept23

Ah, I usually try and do 30 minutes of circuit training a day, and 30 minutes on my bike, give or take as well as eating healthy HOWEVER in the past week or so, I've been hit by the flu... so I have done no exercise and gorged myself completely on utter junk - as a result I have gained nearly three pounds, but as of tomorrow I am back into my strict regime - because dammit, if I grow out of this size 12 jacket, I'll hate myself. :'D
Saturday Afternoon - Effie Trinket (The Hunger Games)

Manchester MCM July 2012
Saturday - Queen of Light (Mirrormask)

London MCM October 2012
Friday - ???
Saturday - Emma Frost (Marvel)
Sunday - Effie Trinket [violet dress] (The Hunger Games)
Windswept23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-17-2012, 09:34 AM   #1712
Alvulious

I must say it is good to see so many tips and supportive members
Alvulious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #1713
MissRielle

Yahoo! I'm gonna drop a few pounds too! I was at 137, but now I have skyrocketed back to 150 D:. I work out quite a bit *Even though I hate those pervs that stop EVERYTHING that they are doing just to see me run*

I really don't know for sure where my fat is >.< So this is what I'm doing:

1. Cutting back sugar, working out still, eating more veggies and fruit. Wish me luck u guys
MissRielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #1714
Megumi_Ai

I am jumping on the weight loss train .. I really need to lose weight for TsubasaCon 2012 I am planning on cosplaying from one of the Precure Series and I am kind of on the chubby side so I want to slim down for it. Also not only for cosplay but health wise too.

TsubasaCon 2012 Cosplays-
Still Choosing
1.Kyubey - Madoka Magica
2. Fluttershy- MLP

Planned

Twilight Sparkle
Kyoko Sakura - Madoka Magica
Manami Tome - Madoka Magica
Sailor Moon.

Megumi_Ai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #1715
Lennester

I do cardio for about 50 mins and i work out a different part of my body daily i just need to watch what i eat more and i should be okay in time for my con that's coming up.

NAKAMA HOUSE
Lennester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #1716
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

Need to lose for Otakon at the end of July. I want to be able to cosplay as a normal-sized guy.
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #1717
tr1nk3ts_g3m
Certified Unicorn

Hey I've been checking out this thread! It's so awesome to know I'm not the only one, who tries to lose weight for con season and not just bikini season, like everyone else in this lake town. A few friends are heckling me into doing a Yoko (Gurren Laggan) cosplay for our local con in August...but I gotta slim down and I'm gonna have to do it pretty quick. Winter weight is a b***h!
As I'm sitting, the only thing standing in my way is my will power. I've at least been able to cut out soda, and the dairy for the most part (that was easy since I'm lactose intolerant) and I'm working REAL hard on not doing the fast food, problem there just being my overall lifestyle being so fast paced. On the bright side I am at least eating whole grains...and whenever possible I buy low sodium or sugar-free. It's gonna come down to me actually working out. I'm thinking I'm gonna tackle P90Xs Ab Ripper once a day.
If people keep talking to me about working out, I'm sure to do it...right?
As it's siting my goal is 20 pounds in 4 months...what do you think doable?
tr1nk3ts_g3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #1718
FaeVamp
Fae WarriorPrincess

Working out at home is Definitely do-able for anyone!
I'm a Mother of six and I've had Great Results w/ Tae Bo, Hip Hop Abs, Insanity and am now doing: Insanity: The Asylum & P90X!

You can DEFINITELY DO IT Tr1nk!!!! If I can, ANYONE CAN!

Check out my progress! (hope the link works!)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/533111_428804087135163_100000167267410_86642672_21 13781390_n.jpg
FaeVamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #1719
Neelh
Toa of Psionics

Ironically, I started losing weight in December. I've started learning dances like Love and Joy for cons, and my legs have gone from chicken to almost average sized~! I really want to cosplay a normal Gumi, or wear a maid outfit...

nokama.tumblr.com
Neelh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #1720
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr1nk3ts_g3m View Post
Hey I've been checking out this thread! It's so awesome to know I'm not the only one, who tries to lose weight for con season and not just bikini season, like everyone else in this lake town. A few friends are heckling me into doing a Yoko (Gurren Laggan) cosplay for our local con in August...but I gotta slim down and I'm gonna have to do it pretty quick. Winter weight is a b***h!
As I'm sitting, the only thing standing in my way is my will power. I've at least been able to cut out soda, and the dairy for the most part (that was easy since I'm lactose intolerant) and I'm working REAL hard on not doing the fast food, problem there just being my overall lifestyle being so fast paced. On the bright side I am at least eating whole grains...and whenever possible I buy low sodium or sugar-free. It's gonna come down to me actually working out. I'm thinking I'm gonna tackle P90Xs Ab Ripper once a day.
If people keep talking to me about working out, I'm sure to do it...right?
As it's siting my goal is 20 pounds in 4 months...what do you think doable?
HIE (High Intensity Exercise, because you're not really training for anything, so it's not really training) is very good, but be careful when you do it. P90x, Insanity, 30 Day Shred, and those kinds of things do the high intensity workouts. Those are great for burning a lot of calories. I'm planning to start a regime on Monday, but I have to find a good one first. Drink lots of water. Yeah, it's wholly possible. Though, in my case, I can't seem to lose it, even with diet and exercise.
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #1721
Rirukuo

Hi!
I'm not actually trying to loose weight, but I really need to get into shape before July. I'm going to be cosplaying Inori Yuzuriha(picture) at a con, and her costume shows her stomach, upper arms and butt. So I really need to work on toning those parts. I have searched online for training programs, but I only end up confused and with a lack of motivation afterwards. So I was hoping maby someone could tell me some simple excercises that's especially good for butt, stomach and upper arms?
This is a really nice thread, btw. I feel a little bit more motivated to train after reading that so many people are doing their best to look good for their cosplay.
Unread 04-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #1722
tr1nk3ts_g3m
Certified Unicorn

My boyfriend and roommate have been doing it and I've been jumping in if I'm home when they do it. My biggest problem is staying engaged...I actually get bored with P90x...go figure right. Man but I know what you mean about not being able to do it...I get to about the 10 pound mark and I hit a wall. Our new puppy is coming home soon though, so while I'm sure he'll keep me active I just hope he won't be distracting.
tr1nk3ts_g3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 11:02 PM   #1723
paper_hat

Help? D:

Hi everyone~ It's so great to see the support and help that everyone has here ^w^

My weight has been bouncing back and forth on the scale for a couple years and it's been incredibly frustrating. :C I'm 20, 5'3" (small frame), and currently, I believe I'm around 145-150lbs. My overall goal weight is 110-115lb.
Here's a superfast timeline of my weight yoyoing:
2010 Summer: 145, 2010 Fall: 130, 2011 Spring: 140, 2011 Fall: 128, 2012 Spring: 145+
Cosplaying has been hard since I change sizes so quickly.
AX is around the corner and I really want to get back in shape! Does anyone have any tips for diet and exercise?
[I don't eat any fast food, candies, and snacks, nor drink any sodas.
I walk around campus and sometimes do crunches and push ups in my room. I can't do any jumping or anything in my room since I live on the second floor...and going to the gym is difficult because I have a weird class schedule this semester. I also can't run because of a shin problem (result of a sparring injury).]

My hope is to reach at least 125-130 by AX and continue to lose weight (and keep it off!).
Sorry for being so wordy! >w<;
Thanks! :3
paper_hat is offline   Reply With Quote