Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 11-27-2007, 03:17 PM   #61
Kuro Yue
Abandoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnymachine View Post
Penny-dreadful: Okay, the way that I finally got myself up off my lazy butt to exercise was by keeping an exercise journal. I took all my measurements (waist, hips, thighs, etc.) and wrote em down, and decided how much I wanted to lose from each one (like. 2 inches off my thighs, 4 off my waist, etc). Then, every time I exercise, I just record what I did and how long I did it. Every week or so I take new measurements and write them down, and have a mini-party every time I lose something (okay, so I've only lost a bit off my waist, and I just found that out last night, and my "party" was really me just hopping around my room all retarded and excited, but whatever works XD)

For some reason, it really helps to have to be accountable for something, even if it's only for myself XD I just really can't stand when I don't exercise out of laziness and I have to write down "was lazy today" in my journal :3
That's a really, really, REALLY good idea. I don't really know how much I want to lose. . .I just want to get rid of the flab. But if I can remember to keep up a notebook, that would most certainly keep me motivated! (Besides this thread, that is)
Kuro Yue is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-27-2007, 10:23 PM   #62
jaoqinchik
Nemecia

I'm 5'10" and I weigh 128-ish. but I know its mostly muscle because I work out alot. My family owns a kickboxing and karate gym so staying fit is a big deal and my parents get on my case sometimes. I was weighing like 136, still very muscular though, a few months ago though, then I went on this diet with my mother.
It had alot of protien very few carbs (which sucked for me because I love rice)
It focused on small 3 meals and 3 snacks and not eating too late in the evening and it helped alot I would loose like a 2lb on some days. When I felt my wieght was good I stopped the diet (RICE! YAY!!)

My brother trains me in Wushu, its a crazy workout but damn it pays off nice.
My whole family thinks my leg muscles should be more toned though.
As far as getting rid of things like belly fat goes, you can do all the sit-ups and stuff you want and it wont make much of a difference. You have to do cardio to burn the fat, then your muscles show.
I actually reccomend going to the store and into the beauty section and buy a can on Abolene makeup remover.
slather some on your belly or thighs or whatever and put on like a sweat belt or something similar and go jogging. It opens up the pores and makes you sweat more, reducing water weight.
Tira - Soul Calibur V
Viola - Soul Calibur V
Alice - Pandora Hearts

facebookerie
DeviantArt
jaoqinchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2007, 10:25 PM   #63
d1g1tini

okaaay, i've had an awfully stressful past 2 days, honestly, and mister darling Whiney_Farmboy surprised me with my favorite pizza and a milkshake and a bubble bath to cheer me up. ^_^ so i soaked in the tub, re-read NANA, and ate my feelings. BUT!

even as bummed and exhausted as I was feeling, i STILL went to the gym tonight, by myself, in the cold! and watched 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' on the TV while i did my running. sooo that cheered me up a bit.

i guess the point of this post is IT'S OKAY TO SLIP UP SOMETIMES! sometimes you need a milkshake and some pizza. i think most important for most of us is KEEPING ACTIVE EVERY (or MOST) DAYS!

i probably shouldn't encourage pizza and ice cream. haha, i guess i just wanted to say HAY! DON'T BEAT YOURSELVES UP! SOME PEOPLE DON'T EVEN TRY!

<3 you cats. keep up the good work!

Wiccan, Young Avengers
Scarlet Witch, George Perez art, Marvel Comics
Marceline the Vampire Queen, Adventure Time!
Korra, Avatar: The Legend of Korra
Starbuck, Pilot BDUs, Battlestar Galactica

-
knowin' i'm their father like my name was darth vader.
d1g1tini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2007, 10:39 PM   #64
Whiney_Farmboy
Toshi Station

Rock Lee Says:

HARD WORK MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE!
Whiney_Farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2007, 10:41 PM   #65
d1g1tini

LOL! Do you know that I actually tell myself stuff like that to keep me going? "If I take a break during my 30 minute run, I will make myself do 100 Jumping Jacks! RUN TOWARDS THE SETTING SUN!"

Wiccan, Young Avengers

-
Unread 11-28-2007, 01:38 PM   #66
GreenApple
Active Coscom User again!

Joining tha THREAD

As Ruin-Sama said:

The Ugly:
-I play WoW.
-I spend too much time drooling over cosplay photos when I should be working out. :P

Oh man, oh man, oh man. That is like my whole life right there. I feel your pain so hard, my friend.

And in other news, I'm finally joining this thread that mah BFF (well, one of them :P) d1g1tini started.

I'm 5'2", 22 years old, and I don't want to talk about my weight in pounds. Let's just say it's too damn much. I'm not like a narwhale or anything, but I'm not comfortable with my figure and am finally ready to change it.

I can't remember who said it, but a few posts back someone mentioned how they kept setting goals for themselves...being fit by January, and then when January rolled around it became May, etc. Well, that's exactly how I work. Basically, I go to a con, I see the pictures of myself afterwards and I'm horrified, so I want to change it....but then I go back to being lazy and stuck in the act of obsessing over it that I don't actually DO anything.

My archnemeses are the potato in all its cruel forms and cheese in most of its cruel forms. I eat them all the time. Granted, aside from that I eat pretty healthy---I don't like a lot of sweets, and I naturally like things like fruit, salads, hummus, garlic, lean meats, and even raw oats---but it doesn't matter. My love for the potato and cheese overcomes all things. I also love anything with creaminess---alfredo sauce, chowder soups, etc---so I really have to fight the urge for that.

Oh yeah, I'm also hella lazy, and I hate being sweaty & get bored while exercising...so I need creative solutions. I used to go to the gym with my DS and it worked wonders, but then I ran out of FF games XD. Any good game suggestions? I have a laptop, and if somehow I can finagle it so that I can play WoW at the gym, I swear to god I will lose all my fat in like three months. Statistical impossibility, you say? Hey, I need some level 70s and I need to lose weight. I'm dedicated to the former, so the latter will follow :P.

Okay, so since this is already long and rambly, I'll add some of my "goal costumes":

~Sailor Jupiter. I WILL NOT BE THE BIGGEST ROUNDEST PLANET DAMMIT.
~Mink from Dragon Half. Skimpy! But I love her. And absolutely cannot be fat for that.
~Seras Victoria from Hellsing, to join my friends' amazing Hellsing group. This is like an "in progress to fitness" costume since I think Seras looks better a little rounded and chubby, so this is a good "on the way" goal costume.
~Female night elf from WoW. YEAH I SAID IT. A Draenei, too.

So uh, yeah. Hi everyone! My husband is naturally a very fit guy who loves to work out at the gym...so I need some motivation from other lazy people coz he's like "Just go! You'll love it if you go enough ".

I'm hoping this thread works out. Anyone got any good diet ideas for someone terribly addicted to potatoes and cheese? XD

~Audrey

Costumes Planned for 2011:

DRAGON*CON Agatha Heterodyne |volume 8 cover| {Girl Genius}---Moiraine Sedai {Wheel of Time series} ---Herald Elspeth |in Dress Whites| {The Mage Winds series by Mercedes Lackey}---Catelyn Stark {A Song of Ice & Fire series}---Suki {Avatar: The Last Airbender}
GreenApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2007, 06:11 PM   #67
RogueMimzy
back after a hiatus~

tini, I luff you ;_;

I have been trying to get in shape for quite some time.. and try and try but never really succeed (it doesn't help that I waste a few hours a day commuting back and forth for school... *cries*)

I'm 5'9"-ish and rather curvaceous. Not that I want to lose my curves, just the lovehandles, tone my tummy, and maybe (if things work out well) drop 20 or so lbs to get to my dream weight. I really want to do a kinda sexy Rikku cosplay that I'm designing for Otakon next year, but I also want to do a Burst Angel (Meg) cosplay for a con in June/early July. And maybe whatever I get done for cons before then as well.

I have been cutting back on what I eat a LOT. A few people have commented that I look skinnier, but the scale's not reading any differently ;_; It doesn't help that when I get home, I'm kinda tired and bleah and reach for feel-good food... and that they don't have much in the way of "healthy" at college.

And ditto on me for the cosplay photo drooling x3
See you at Miraicon | CPAC | Connecticon | Otakon | NYCC | Derpycon
facebook
RogueMimzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2007, 06:29 PM   #68
d1g1tini

1) YAY YAY AUDREY IS HERE YAY! *poops confetti*

2) shinju - that burst angel thing is SO. CUTE. that's like the cutest thing ever. i think i've seen that before and thought it was like, 'original concept selphie' or something. does your college have a salad bar? can you take cartons of fresh veggies back to your dorm? (and ruin them not with dressing and cheese, haha! i know i can do that.) i know i've read about other collegiates doing that, and it has always seemed like an awesome unending source of healthy.

i ate APPALLINGLY today, but i HAVE been exercising for real, no b-s, every single day since Black Friday! i'm real proud of myself.

but i keep having this fear that i'll work out every day until katsucon and still see no results >_<;;;....someone, please, assure me that that's not the case?

it's SO hard for me to diet AND exercise, since exercising every day makes me PSYCHO hungry. i've been eating lots of lean meats and veggies though, i'm doing....welll.....okay! not as good as i have been at exercising, but Zanarkand wasn't built in a day, or whatever. <3

- tini

Wiccan, Young Avengers

-
Unread 11-28-2007, 07:28 PM   #69
Dcgoddess3

I have really wanted to get into shape for conventions for awhile now so I'm glad I found this thread~ I wouldn't exactally call myself fat, I just really want to get into shape so I can coplay as Zakuro from Tokyo Mew Mew or one of the Sailor Moon characters without looking dumb ^_^;;
My Goal is to pretty much tone my stomache, my legs are somewhat ok from playing Tennis all summer and halfway into the school year but my stomache bothers me, I really need to tone it!
My disadvantages would probabally be that I am super lazy, all I pretty much do is go on the computer and when I think I should excersize I get too lazy to start. I also am still in High School so I don't have very much time to excersize with High School, Homework, Forensics, Colorguard, Plays, and all the other many activities I am in. Also I flew off a ski jump awhile ago and tore my ACL cord and had to get surgery on it, my knee is not fully recovered from it yet so I can't do much with it. And lastly, I love food. I usually do not eat healthy because I get a craving for something with sugar~ Although, I already started my getting in shape by eating healthy. So far I have kept to it and I started a week before thanksgiving!
Dcgoddess3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2007, 07:45 PM   #70
Arlette
Let it Go

I've always said health is more important than weight. ^_^ It's better to be healthy than try to live up to other people's expectations of "skinny".

I'm a pretty small person, but recently I've been eating less and working out more, trying to tone up and build strength and endurance. Rather than stuff my face with fast food like I've been known to do, I've been eating more sandwiches, rice cakes (the ranch ones are great!) and apple slices. ^_^ No one said being healthy couldn't also be tasty!

Actually, the last time I broke down and had McDonald's, it made me really sick to my stomach. D: My body just isn't used to that crap anymore!

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2007, 08:18 PM   #71
GreenApple
Active Coscom User again!

Sort of success?

Okay, so this thread is totally working for me. Seriously, after like two months of doing nothing but situational exercise, today I managed 67 crunches (even though I had to stop after every 20 for a couple seconds XD), and yes I know that they don't make you lose belly fat but I use to have what I call the Venus de Milo 4-pack and I loved it, so I want it back :P. I also did 34 pushups...yeaaaah not too good at that. I went up and down all the stairs in our house a bunch...word. I'm getting over my cold pretty fast so tomorrow I go to *dun dun dun* the GYM.

Also I've had a HUGE craving for french fries all damn day. Like, a painful craving. But instead I made some rice with a little shaving of butter and a good amount of salt and pepper, and it made the craving go away. I know, not exactly healthy, but it's a start, right?

Word. This place is awesome.

Costumes Planned for 2011:

DRAGON*CON Agatha Heterodyne |volume 8 cover| {Girl Genius}---Moiraine Sedai {Wheel of Time series} ---Herald Elspeth |in Dress Whites| {The Mage Winds series by Mercedes Lackey}---Catelyn Stark {A Song of Ice & Fire series}---Suki {Avatar: The Last Airbender}
GreenApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2007, 09:32 PM   #72
bunnymachine
Geek to the Extreme Power

YAAAAY Audrey is here now!!! <3

Okay, so yesterday I was kind of bad, I had a PB&J sandwich and like SIX pieces of cookie dough, AND I didn't exercise (but that was coz my kat peed on my bed and I had to do like four loads of laundry, AND because I had to finish writing up my lesson plan and assessments that were due today).

So, today I was super duper bad >.> I had two slices of pizza and THREE cupcakes at work (the directors at my school bought us lunch today).

HOWEVER. I came home and was all 'BLARGH, I don't wanna exercise!' but I DID ANYWAY!! Go me Thanks to GreenApple for all her encouragement, it really helped XD And I also found out that my mile time has improved! It's gone down from 14:43 to 14:17!!! YAY!! In addition to running, I did 4 miles on the bike (about 15 minutes) and did some chest and arm weights, and some tummy work

I've also packed myself lunch all this week (except today, coz of PIZZA), and I've cut out all unhealthy snacks (except peppermint patties coz I have an insatiable love of those things).

< / babble >

Good luck to everyone!!!!
Otakon 2008!
Super Sailor Venus |Sailor Moon| -- Gwendolyn |Odin Sphere| -- Tsunade |Naruto|
bunnymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2007, 11:46 PM   #73
sarah mudo
proud eurotrash member

joaquinchik- wushu is the coolest and I am so trying the make up remover thing

So I did some cardio today I mixed jumping jacks in with running since I dislike running alot. ^_^
To bad i ate at manchu wok for lunch. Everything else I ate was heathy i swear.

I'm gonna try to do some more cardio tomorrow

curse the sailor scouts and their trim physiques

Last edited by sarah mudo : 11-28-2007 at 11:49 PM.
sarah mudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2007, 07:02 AM   #74
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

Since I'm not so much about losing (non-existant) fat, but regaining muscle, today while I was bored at work, I decided I'd do some working out in the back room between customers. I didn't have hand weights, but I did have... gallon jugs full of industrial sanitizer! Unfortunately, the size and handle positions make them kind of awkward to work with, and certain exercises really can twist the wrists - and at only one gallon apiece, they're not even heavy enough to really make me feel like I'm working out. I think I'll just have to lug the hand weights back and forth...

Also perhaps buy ankle weights, and rather than sticking them in my backpack, just put them on before leaving for work and wear them all night. When I worked inside the big store, I literally was walking 20+ miles a day without a problem - now I work in a little gas station in the middle of the night, and don't have to walk nearly as far to help customers. (Some of them ask why I RUN across the store to get their stuff, they're not in so big a hurry... I find it hard to explain that it's my workout. Hahah.) So when I am actually walking around, might as well make it count a little more.

I was actually considering just wearing wrist weights and ankle weights all the time... and then suddenly I had Rock Lee flashbacks. Hahahhahaa. At least now I have an anime character to model my grand plan on...

And by the way, for those who ARE trying to lose weight? A couple different brands of ice cream have started making this "churned style" light ice cream with less fat and calories... and although I traditionally have been disgusted or at least unimpressed by light ice cream, the churned style stuff is great in every brand I've tried. So if you too were wary of trying the new stuff because light ice cream usually sucks... give it a shot. =)
Unread 11-29-2007, 09:04 AM   #75
AKARi:BiERNOT
whorror love, horror FUCK

Hi! I'm AKARi:BiERNOT!
So, I have a few original costume ideas coming up @ Tekkoshocon in PA. Even though it's pretty far away, (Tekkoshocon being the 11-13 of April), I am still extremely far off from what I need to be. I am 5'2, and being short makes weight a difficult thing to deal with because I've always been a little chub chub. I also have man calves, (haha! only way to describe this feature!), and I'm having a really hard time fitting cosplay boots because of this!!

Factors of Diet Failure:
- Family life. It may sound strange, but the stress in my household ALWAYS makes me want to eat like a pig. *oink oink*
- No support. I have very few friends in my area.
- The inability to take the negativity towards my weight and use it as motivation. (Which I'd really love to have!)
- No license. I'd be better off /away/ from my household exercising but it's kinda an excuse at the same time.
- I eat my emotions. ;_; LAME.

PLANS:
> Starting to walk again. (Even though I've heard that's why I HAVE those damned man calves.)
> I'd like to lose the man calves, belly, double-bubble butt, inner thighs, and my arm flab.

I'm nervous because I'm 17, and I have no knowledge of dieting. Can anyone help me not only with encouragement, but also with perhaps education on proper diet and exercise in the time frame given until the convention?

My AIM is PretendAkari. Please contact me if you think the information I'd be providing breaks the rules, (as we are not to disclose our weight, which I understand completely!)...

And I added you on my AIM list d1g1tini! I'd love to talk to you! It's great to have friends to help encourage you! I'm sure that as long as you work hard, it will pay off and people will notice the results.

Thank you everyone!

~AKARi:BiERNOT

Upcoming Costumes/Cosplays:
  • Peggy from The Candy Spooky Theater
  • Mana from Malice Mizer [reMiX]
AKARi:BiERNOT is offline   Reply With Quote