Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair > User-Submitted Wig FAQ's and Tutorial Threads

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 48 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-16-2008, 08:02 PM   #61
Ghost613
Your face is a Geostigma!

I'm sorry Luna the comment about the pimping was not my own (as unbelievable as it may sound, that was my little brother. The way you can tell is he said I had "years of experience" when really I've only had a year and a half). I would like to take this time to apologize formally to Luna, okay?
I'm very sorry that my brother has been using my account! You can look at my previous posts and see this is not like me at all. I agree that alcohol can be drying to wigs, even though I personally use AquaNet just because I know it works.
Oh god, I am so embarrassed. My brother is getting torn a new one as we speak.
Sorry again. Really. I don't know how I can make this fiasco up to you!
Ghost613 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-16-2008, 08:21 PM   #62
evaunit01berser
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost613 View Post
I'm sorry Luna the comment about the pimping was not my own (as unbelievable as it may sound, that was my little brother.

evaunit01berser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2008, 08:24 PM   #63
lunaladyoflight
Glitter Addict

I accept your apology, and also recommend that you change your password.

I never leave accounts signed in, mostly because I have drunk roommates, but also because my privacy on the internet is no. 1.
Unread 03-16-2008, 09:07 PM   #64
Thia Fayne
casually topless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost613 View Post
Wigs es plastic! They need no "special" hairspray product designed specifically for wigs, because more than half the time those "special" hairsprays are a scam. Wigs are non porus: regardless of whatever extra ingredients are used in this wig spray you speak of, they aren't going to absorb any of it, so it's useless. Regular cheap, Texas big hair approved lacquer only hairsprays such as Aquanet is quite simply the best hairspray to use.
I guess your brother knows and cares about wigs a lot, huh?
Thia Fayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2008, 10:07 PM   #65
Ghost613

He's a cosplayer. And he has to live with a crazy wig nerd like me... so yeah he does actually. Reading through the stuff he wrote, I was astonished! I didn't really believe he knew that much about wigs either! (I would be proud of him if I wasn't so angry I could kick his teeth in! X'D)
Luna: Believe me, changing my password was the first thing I did! Again, I'm sorry this got so out of hand. Apparently he was angry at me for breaking Kingdom Hearts.
Unread 03-17-2008, 12:04 PM   #66
Natty Dread
Useless

If he is indeed a cosplayer, he should get his own cos.com account and not use other peoples.
Natty Dread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 02:37 PM   #67
Risami

how do i get the top part like that does hairspray work? or do i have to use another method
Risami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 03:20 PM   #68
lunaladyoflight
Glitter Addict

If you want it to stick up a tad just push the hair towards the part so it bubbles, and use a hair dryer on low for a few seconds. Then let it cool, while still holding it. Then spray it with wig spray.
Unread 03-17-2008, 09:05 PM   #69
Anstice
Mostly Harmless

Ghost, this is the second time you have used your little brother as an excuse after getting into an argument with Luna. When I was your age, I used to type all sorts of things I would later regret and blamed them on someone else using my account. I am not saying you are a liar, but perhaps you both should think a little bit more before you post? It would make eliminate backpeddling and the need to apologize for someone elsesí actions altogether. ~.^

I also would like to throw my support behind wig hairspray. While using hairspray meant for human hair does work, wig hairspray is by far the better investment...I found that out the hard way.
Anstice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 09:24 PM   #70
Kuro Yue
Abandoned

I have a question for luna - Where can I purchase some of this wig spray? Hairspray has not been my friend for the last wig I've tried styling.
Kuro Yue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 09:52 PM   #71
benihime
Kimono Queen

i'm curious about that as well
i found this
http://www.wigs.com/product_info.php?products_id=3598
is that what you're talking about?

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 09:59 PM   #72
Ghost613

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anstice View Post
Ghost, this is the second time you have used your little brother as an excuse after getting into an argument with Luna. When I was your age, I used to type all sorts of things I would later regret and blamed them on someone else using my account. I am not saying you are a liar, but perhaps you both should think a little bit more before you post? It would make eliminate backpeddling and the need to apologize for someone elsesí actions altogether. ~.^
Those were both the same incident. If you look at the times of the posts, pretty much everything from 2:20 onwards (to the point where I found him and tore him a new one) is my little brother, because I was at SXSW with my older brother.
But I digress, this is a wig thread! I would prefer it if it remained so (just ignore the whole middle of the thread XD).
@Benihime: Not having wig spray of my own, I would imagine that is the right product but I can't be sure. It says it's paraben free and for use on synthetic wigs so... I guess it fits the bill! Again, I'm not sure.
Unread 03-18-2008, 12:32 PM   #73
lunaladyoflight
Glitter Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro Yue View Post
I have a question for luna - Where can I purchase some of this wig spray? Hairspray has not been my friend for the last wig I've tried styling.
You can get wigspray online or at a local beauty supply store. I bought mine from Sally Beauty Supply, near my favorite shopping mall. Revlon makes it, as does Brandywine (the kind we use for shows at my University).

It should be relatively easy to find.

~Luna

EDIT:

Benihime that should work.
Unread 03-18-2008, 01:47 PM   #74
-Kitsu

Thanks for the suggestion Luna, how is the staying power/strength of it. As in is it like a got2be or more like a normal run of the mill type hairsprays?

PM me for questions or quote enquiries. Please include when you will need the wig for and at least one reference image unless it is a style in my gallery.
-Kitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2008, 01:50 PM   #75
lunaladyoflight
Glitter Addict

I've had it rarely go flat, as in it's got incredible staying power. I wouldn't try to do thick spikes with it, that still requires some gel, but it holds up against gravity fairly well. I even use it on my CATS wigs. XD