Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Anime Chat

Unread 09-07-2002, 06:54 PM   #1
Keurblitz
My Gender: Female

Cartoon Network...

YOu know what I think Cartoon Network should do? They should turn in to a 24-hour anime network. *dreams* Show all eps without butchering them, w/o cutting scenes out, w/o changing the original soundtracks. And some ocassional subtitled series... That'll be the day. Well atleast anime is getting popular in the states. I was forced to suffer with chinese-dubbed anime when I was a kid... AHHHhh they sound like chipmunks!!! *flashback* make it stop, make it stop *flashback*

Unread 09-07-2002, 09:17 PM   #2
diqitaldreams
Rock Lee Fangirl!

"Music is my passion" XD ...you've been thinking about Magoichi haven't you?! Hehe. Anyway, Cartoon Network will be something like that -- if everything goes well -- but to my opinion, we need to keep dreaming. T_T Bad dubbing will always be there to plague us. I gotta admit tho...the dubbing has been getting better lately. It's not as "butchered" as they use to be. ::reminded of Sailor Moon dubbing...cries in agony::
Unread 09-07-2002, 10:29 PM   #3
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

OMG, I WAS JUST THINKING OF SOMETHING LIKE THAT!

The Toonami Channel... An offshoot of CN, just like all the other companies are getting offshoots...
Oshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2002, 11:36 PM   #4
diqitaldreams
Rock Lee Fangirl!

Boredom is bliss. o.o; ...anyway, I was just watching Inu Yasha and it was okay...e.e...when I block the voices and insert Yamaguchi Kappei's voice in it. ^_^
Unread 09-08-2002, 12:36 AM   #5
Yggdrasil Pie
WRYYYYYYY

What's wrong with Chipmunks?!?! o_O

Eh, I would love a 24 hour anime channel... T_T
Unread 09-08-2002, 04:58 AM   #6
Foxwolfe
To be announced...

Yes but if there was something like that to come about it would in all likelyhood be a channel you have to order like HBO or Showtime, and Im sure alot of people (including myself) wouldnt wanna spend extra money on something like that. Thats pretty much the only reason I dont have DSL.
Foxwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2002, 05:15 PM   #7
Babbit_Chan
Sarcasmic

They were thinking about it earlier (maybe like, last year or something), weren't they? And like Foxwolfe-san said, it'd probably be an extra channel you'd have to pay for.
Babbit_Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2002, 09:03 PM   #8
Shima-Mizu
~On an Island of Water~

If they did change it, then it wouldn't be cartoon network. For we all know that the true fan will refer to thier anime as only anime and not a mere cartoon. So they would have to change the name to Anime Network.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~Shima-Mizu~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shima-Mizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2002, 10:39 AM   #9
Babbit_Chan
Sarcasmic

Hahahahaha I like that idea, Shima-Mizu. I don't see what the network is so worried about - they'd make money off of it either way...
Unread 09-09-2002, 11:42 AM   #10
peacecraft
Frustrated Illustrator

Actually, they've toyed with the idea several times and insist that they don't yet have enough content to make such a move profitable in the long term. Looking at it statistically, I can see where they're coming from. They have a bout enough content to run an all anime network for about 2 months before everything on would be reruns, therefore plunging their advertising revenue through the floor.

Yes, there is plenty more anime they COULD put on, but they'd need the upfront cash to buy the US TV licenses and the time and money to edit them to make them content legal for the U.S. tv market. All in all, I don't think its a feasible move for another 2 to 5 years or so, but maybe they will given a bit more time.
Unread 09-10-2002, 03:28 AM   #11
Foxwolfe
To be announced...

Well the editing for us market part wouldnt need to be done if it was a pay channel which in my eyes it would most likely be. Buy yes now that I think about it there would be no way at the current point to do something like this without say using the original japanese eps with subtitles, and seeing as how cartoon network seems to be big on (at least from what Ive gathered where toonami and adult swim are concerned) dubs since that brings it to a bigger viewing audience than subs would for the people that this would be a possible first intoduction to anime. Did any of this make sense? Im tired -_-
Foxwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2002, 11:15 AM   #12
Babbit_Chan
Sarcasmic

Shouldn't their first introduction to anime BE subtitled? -_-;; I wonder if there's any possible way to keep running the dubs on their own network and sub everything on the other network... But I don't know anything, I'm not in that business - just dreaming of a better anime world in the U.S. ><
Unread 09-10-2002, 11:36 AM   #13
peacecraft
Frustrated Illustrator

To heck with a channel. We should make our own theme-park, like "Otaku-land" from Otaku no Video.
Unread 09-10-2002, 12:48 PM   #14
Ranma Saotome
DeShawn Pilgrim

There is talk of a 24-hour anime channel... But I don't want it. Thatjust means we're too lazy to support thje companies and buy the tapes.
iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/anime-jam-session/id280235645
Anime Jam Session on the VOG Network, LIVE! Tuesdays @ 9:30PM EST: www.VOGNetwork.com!
2014 Convention Schedule: Magfest 8.5, AAC, DerpyCon

Ranma Saotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2002, 06:07 PM   #15
Keurblitz
My Gender: Female

Quote:
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
There is talk of a 24-hour anime channel... But I don't want it. Thatjust means we're too lazy to support thje companies and buy the tapes.
Well, in another sense, it can also spread anime awareness to more people and let fans branch out and look into other types of anime in which would increase sales. Besides, it would be a try it before you buy it channel. People that would really like the series they saw on the channel would have intentions of buying the VHS or DVDs also.