Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-02-2007, 02:31 PM   #16
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

I faced that problem too with my bareminerals, so I had to go for the lighter of the two that they sent, when I thought the first one would match just fine.

BTW isn't this foundation mineral a nockoff of bare minerals?

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
xxmossgardenxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-02-2007, 02:59 PM   #17
Ginny
Bad Wolf
Special Agent

Everyone's skin is different, and there's no rule that applies to everyone. I went to school for skin care, and trust me, no trick works the same way on two people.

You just have to find out what works best by experimenting.

And 9/10 pictures you see are photoshopped, so don't compare yourself to pictures online.
Unread 12-02-2007, 04:37 PM   #18
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

She's got a point *feels stupid for not thinking of that herself* And although photoshop is a amaizing program wich I swear by for my art and graphics >.< Please don't photoshop your photo's. It doesn't show us you!

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
Unread 12-02-2007, 08:45 PM   #19
fivesixnine

Just thought of something,

If you don't have time for healing your skin and simply want to look flawless and perfect temporarily, like for a con, I suggest Revlon's New Complextion: One step make-up.
I bought it on a whim when I ran out of cover-up and found it to be amazing. No redness, smooth finish, and I literally was flawless.

Of course, you definately need to get the right colour for your skin and there is a downfall: you shouldn't touch your face after applying it, it comes off easily, the proof will stay on your fingers. XD

But it's a perfect quick fix, I recommend it.

AnimeBoston 2008

"Keep on rollin', baby."
fivesixnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2007, 09:04 PM   #20
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

Quote:
Please don't photoshop your photo's. It doesn't show us you!
Nonsense. Photoshop can do a lot to correct things the camera screwed up in the first place, like over- or under-exposure, poor framing, and things inadvertently shot on a tilt.

Also, I'm still me if you can't see the zit on my forehead. I am not my zit, kthx. Photoshop is a useful tool.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2007, 09:27 PM   #21
calen383
mendacity to the max

I have to agree. My pupil's aren't normally bright red. ^_~ But I also agree that people DEFINITELY overshop pictures and then I definitely can't see anything.
Cons planned: Otakon 11 - NYCC 11 - AnimeBoston 12
calen383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2007, 09:51 PM   #22
Varna
Rachel

Yeah, I only use Photoshop to adjust the lighting and make my skin look nicer. Sometimes I change the eye color too (like with my Eureka cosplay) because I can't afford contacts D: But I don't actually alter any of my facial features or body or anything XD
Varna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2007, 11:28 PM   #23
Idle_Time

perfect skin is near impossible, all the magazines and such would use airbrush makeup to get a prefect even toned skin and fairly smooth it works great, but is a bit expensive if you wanted it. the only time people tend to get it done is on wedding days and they are the bride :\ other than that photoshop is a good way to POLISH your photos, not turn it to work 0.o if you want to turn it into work, get it to photoshop clear the skin up, heighten the colors "Glamorize" it and make it magazine ready, now that is WORK something you would Print just to look at, something thats perfectly okay 0.o, I do it for my friends all the time. as a matter of fact i can show you one. if i can find it <.<
Idle_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 12:14 AM   #24
KwEeNofKoRn

i use Olay's microdermabrasion & peel system twice a week and Clean & Clear's astringent every other day. Thats the only way my skin stays nice.

I use to have HORRIBLE acne and it took 4 years and a lot of stuff to get rid of it and i am making sure it dont come back! so just make sure you clean your face all the time and take care of it! and try to keep your hands off it, lol.

as for covering up scars or zits and pimples, etc then try Covergirl's True Match. It comes in powders, liquids and cover sticks. and they have tons of colors so you can find one to match your skin tone. it really works! i use it every time i go out.
Unread 12-03-2007, 08:55 AM   #25
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

I guess I worded that wrong, please forgive me >.< I didn't mean to say "DON'T EVER USE PHOTOSHOP ON YOUR PICTURES!" I ment to say, dont due what some of the Japanese cosplayers do, and change their whole look. Sure you will look like the character, but you will also look like a barbie too. Fixing skin exex fine, but don't change your noise shape or anything XD

kweenofkorn: I use clean and clear as well, and I was wondering about Olay's microdermabrasion. XD but I don't have to anymore. Now I want to try it. It's a bit pricy though, do you have to pick up the whole kit, or can you just by parts and peices of it?

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
Unread 12-03-2007, 11:10 AM   #26
Goddess Iduna

I swear by gel moisturizers. They don't clog your pores and you don't need to use a whole lot. They also feel really light and don't give you that sticky feeling after a few hours.

Also, if you have a lot of redness in your face, and have some extra cash to spare, I recommend Dr. Brandt's Laser Lightning products. They help get rid of blemishes and general rendess. I think it works in freckles too, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Like I said, it's kind of expensive, but there are a some sellers on Ebay that are selling it cheaper than what you would find at a beauty store.
Goddess Iduna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 12:47 PM   #27
CloudyCandy
{Let's Mosey, Baby.}

I never have any blemishes, I'm lucky enough to have inherited smooth skin from my mother! xD But I use Clean and Clear astringent morning and night just in case. But, they discontinued the one I usually used, and the new ones dry out my skin. :/ But I follow up with Neutrogena's oil free moisturizer...it depends which works for you, since they're all so great. :O
Having a good cleansing ritual gives you wonderful skin without makeup. : D
But I think itis true that some sort of makeup is needed for Cons and pictures with all that weird lighting. D:
I have no experience with makeup, though. D:

I do have a bit of discoloration around my mouth, and my nose - it's a few shades lighter. Would concealer work for that? I've never used makeup before, and my mom thinks using foundation would cover it up. xD
I have NO idea at all, and the discoloration shows up so much more in pictures than in person. D:

Maid Cafe maid - 100% [Halloween <3]
Vista-tan, Red serafuku (OS-tan) - 70%
Sexy no Jutsu Kakashi - 80% [Wearing to NYAF 2008. It's good, I promise. xD]
Neliel Tu - 0% [Planned for NYAF 2009]

Going to NYAF! </3 Hope to see ya there~!
PM if you want to meet up. xD
CloudyCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 03:41 PM   #28
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

Coverup should work, because the object of cover up is to even one's skin tone. SO I say should work.

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
Unread 12-03-2007, 04:10 PM   #29
pizzaroll
Yumm. :3

Haha, well basically anything I wanted to say has been mentioned already. >_>

The only thing I have to mention is that if you want good skin outside of like a cosplay or whatever, be sure to pull back your hair when you're at home and also wash your bedsheets & stuff frequently cause it can get quite dirty. D:

I personally use Rimmel foundation, and I love it. It's like...you can breath, lol, and it doesn't come off too easily unless you like rub your face super hard then obviously it'll come off. And then just concealer for pimples or blemishes that stick out a lot and a little bit of powder. Oh, and Rimmel doesn't make you feel like you caked on makeup..

Because this, is how I roll.
pizzaroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #30
Yueri

Well, I guess there are only general tips that one can give.
Wash your face everytime you have to (like after makeups and when you wake up). My mom always told me that it was like washing you hands, so it doesnt stay grimy. Moisturize, but not too heavily. And just try different foundation suntil you find the one thats right for you. Also, drink water (dont exaggerate).

After trying liquid, powder, and cream, I found the best one for me (and again, for me) was Mac's Studio Stick Foundation with its respective Blotting powder.

It looks good on person, just natural enough for it to be believable. It looks amazing on pictures too.

Its all about trying different products and stuff n.n

Good luck!