Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-07-2007, 04:47 PM   #46
IceAngel30
ATL Pho`tog

Try these, you can make your own ointment from home products! I break out a lot and this helped.

Asprin = Beautiful Skin
Olive Oil Scrub

Unread 12-07-2007, 06:24 PM   #47
Demosthenes
Hmmm...

I need help *-*

I'm a guy and i have a rather oily skin. X_X had many break outs for the past 2 years though its substantially clearing out now with only few remaining zits that refuse to disappear D<

Thing is, my skin's rather uneven though. Looking at it, i realised i have many tiny little raised dots upon my skin. X_X any way to get rid of these?

Also, there's some discolouration of the skin due to break outs. Anyone has ideas on how to reduce these dark spots?

Help is very much appreciated!

Edit: Anyone can somewhat explain the steps to putting make up? XD Been reading stuff about make up for some time and sort of know the different functions of the different stuff used but I have no idea about the order of putting make up X_X again thanks in advance!

Last edited by Demosthenes : 12-07-2007 at 06:27 PM.
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2007, 07:21 PM   #48
FlamingDawg

Wow... I didn't expect my thread to be this big of a help to everyone o.O;;
well awesome =D thanks ppl! and plz continue to help out n stuff!
FlamingDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2007, 02:20 PM   #49
x-Rose-x

This has probably already been said, but a lot of people cake liquid foundation on and it looks.... well naff really. I use powder mineral foundation. It works so well, it's good for your skin so it doesn't matter if you accidently fordet to take it off (it actually says that on the packaging), and it looks really good. I have generally clear skin anyway, but it covers blemishes well. Even though it feels like you're putting a lot on sometimes, a lot of people say it doesn't look like you're actually wearing any foundation, but just have naturally clear skin.

Errr sorry for babbling. >_<'
And sorry if that didn't make sense.
x-Rose-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2007, 05:10 PM   #50
Cosplay_Kitten
Pandora Hearts Cupcake

What are some good ways to get rid of acne without having to buy products? Most of the products I buy worsen my skin or don't help at all. Is there any ways to get rid of acne without products or prescriptions?
Cosplay_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2007, 10:26 PM   #51
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Well, i'd go with some good poweder makeup. You are so lucky about the acne. x.x

And probably some of the "perfect skin" photos are touched up in photoshop. XD

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2007, 10:28 PM   #52
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosplay_Kitten View Post
What are some good ways to get rid of acne without having to buy products? Most of the products I buy worsen my skin or don't help at all. Is there any ways to get rid of acne without products or prescriptions?
Oh i know how you feel. DX I happen to be alergic to all those stuff. The stuff in the acne products is something im horridly allergic to... it sucks a LOT.

So what i do (which kills some of my acne) is not eat massive amounts of sugar and pocky, and wash my face a lot with good branded soap from stores. And every week i use a facial cleanser. It totally works for me. As for the times i have acne... well, thats usually after a pocky spree. XD

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #53
Crystal Clover
Hatcher of Dreams

I am 22 years old and still have acne problems like someone in puberty does. I think I've tried everything on the market, but nothing helps 100% I do have some suggestions though...

Vitamin E oil is my savior. It helps heal any blemishes/scabs/scars very quickly. I usually apply it before bed because it is very greasy but it leaves your skin soft by the morning.
Clean and Clear Tinted Spot treatment. (I dont know if that is the actual name, i'm too lazy to look.) Another thing i apply before bed because it is smelly since it is sulfur based, unlike most products that are salicylic acid or benzol peroxide. It works well to shrink down and dry out those big pimples... you know the ones ^_^;;

Hope that helps! They are both pretty cheap too.

Next Convention - unknown

Livejournal
Deviant Art
Feel Free to add me!
Crystal Clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2007, 02:19 AM   #54
KwEeNofKoRn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifa-chan0980 View Post
I guess I worded that wrong, please forgive me >.< I didn't mean to say "DON'T EVER USE PHOTOSHOP ON YOUR PICTURES!" I ment to say, dont due what some of the Japanese cosplayers do, and change their whole look. Sure you will look like the character, but you will also look like a barbie too. Fixing skin exex fine, but don't change your noise shape or anything XD

kweenofkorn: I use clean and clear as well, and I was wondering about Olay's microdermabrasion. XD but I don't have to anymore. Now I want to try it. It's a bit pricy though, do you have to pick up the whole kit, or can you just by parts and peices of it?
wow sorry for the late reply! o_O

there are only two parts to the microdermabraison and no you cant buy them separately. and it would be a bad idea to anyway because you need them both together for the product to work. you can get it at walmart for only 20$ and it will last you about 2 months if you only use it twice a week.
Unread 12-15-2007, 03:25 AM   #55
Dal_Segno
Who loves, raves.

For getting rid of zits "naturally", all I can say is wash your face (with water I assume, since you said you wanted to avoid products), drink water, and keep your hands away from your face.

Now, I know pore minimuzer was talked about...I've heard that it plumps up your face, is that true?

Assassin: "Where are you going?"
Tealīc: "I am leaving. You are about to explode."

~~~~

FW Ink Wig Dye FAQ
Icon by: Silfar

Dal_Segno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2007, 05:57 AM   #56
gothgirl06
Kingdom Hearts

Prefect skin

well if you are like me and have mixtured of skin problems, Like I have dry and oily skin, I only have a spot problem on my forehead, which is only around at some part of the year.But have alot of blackheads. You know that keeping your skin clear is a big problem, as one thing may work on one part of your skin and not the other. Plus my skin take alot of shit, Like I wear facepaint alot of cosplay and when I am at collage I get stuff on my face all the time, like paint, pens, and charcoal.

So these what I do to try and kept my skin clear

- Basic things like washing your face.

- also keep your hair clean, I know that it sound silly, but alots of grease for your hair can out on two your skin. If you use hairspary and gels, you really have to watch out for that.
I wash my hair everyday, Beileve I heard everyone tell me that it is bad for my hair. It isn't, my hair is great.

- watch what soap you use on your face, most soaps can dry your face out. You want one that is Ph safe.

- Face mask, I got one of these 2 in one ones, that is both a mask and a face wash. I use it about 1 or 2 times a week. and my blackheads, have got down soo much.

- cold water, OK I know that this is not always know as one. Ok after having a hot wash, all your pours in your skin will be open. If left open, dirt can get in and spots. So spash your face with cold water, (it is a omg shock) this closes all your pours and also push out most dirt out of your skin. (Also good for your hair if your do your hair).

- Eat rigth. Eating chocolate too much and fatty food will led to spots.

- photoshop, I do sometimes use photoshop too kill off the old spot that happens.

I didn't talk about make up, as I normally don't use make up, but I do know some stuff
- get rid of reddess with a yellow
- if you put a white or ligth eye shadow round your eyes, before your start doing your main make up on them, your eye will appear brigther.

Ok that it from me, hope it helps
Unread 12-23-2007, 12:40 PM   #57
katrinkleeblatt
Hasekage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosplay_Kitten View Post
Late answer, but: If your skin is really bad, go to a dermatologist!!!! It may save you a lot trouble. I had really bad acne and had to take antibiotics to get rid of it. It was gone in three weeks and never returned.
One little prescription. It's not that bad ;D
Unread 12-23-2007, 04:46 PM   #58
Cosplay_Kitten
Pandora Hearts Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrinkleeblatt View Post
Late answer, but: If your skin is really bad, go to a dermatologist!!!! It may save you a lot trouble. I had really bad acne and had to take antibiotics to get rid of it. It was gone in three weeks and never returned.
One little prescription. It's not that bad ;D
Well my skin isn't really bad it's just mainly my forehead which hates me >.>;;; I have been using vitamin E oil like people suggested and it is working very well I might add
Unread 12-23-2007, 08:34 PM   #59
Demosthenes
Hmmm...

This Vitamin E oil sounds good, any sites to where I can get it? >:
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2007, 09:19 PM   #60
Cosplay_Kitten
Pandora Hearts Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
This Vitamin E oil sounds good, any sites to where I can get it? >:
Go to your local vitamin store like Vitamin World or something like that and get the vitamin E pills with the oil inside of it and you prick the end of the pill and put the oil from the inside of the pill on your skin. Tastes REALLY nasty might I add. I've gotten it in my mouth and about died ^^; It's very greasy so do it before bed or right after you take a shower if you take a shower at night