Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 12-23-2007, 03:50 PM   #1
jukebox
role models > supermodels

Loli-Style Joker - need a bit of guidance

Granted, I've always looked at Loli fashion and wanted to try it, but I always wanted to go with something unique, that I feel would really suit me.

The other day I was thinking about it a bit more seriously, because I've been thinking I wanna do a Loli outfit for events or cons in the near future. And the other day at like...2 am, inspiration struck me and I came up with an idea for a Loli outfit that I felt really good about- one based off The Joker.

In designing though, I've run into some road blocks that I'm not sure how to work with. The colours of the Joker's outfit (primarily purple, orange, green)seem to lend itself to the Punk loli look, but the cut and design of his outfit (a tailored suit) lends itself more to Gothic or EGL, but I'm having a hell of a time finding reference photos for specific styles.

My other problem is - as you can imagine - makeup, because it will call for green hair, white/pale face, and red lips.

I know that this is definitely an outfit that I want to do, but I'll grant that I'm something of a Loli-noob when it comes to styles. Some guidance would be wonderful. I've also attached some reference photos of Joker, if it helps.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg joker1.jpg (26.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg joker2.jpg (33.8 KB, 0 views)

PROFILES
GEEKPR0N | Twitter | deviantArt
jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-23-2007, 07:01 PM   #2
Bealzabub
vampire cat prince

I'd think classic loli with some dandy influences would be best.

(Exuse my horrid sketch)
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9.../jokerloli.jpg

Make the body and skirt of it violet, and the underblouse orange. The tie/ascot would be green. I would say... green and purple stiped leggings. High heeled platform green patent leather mary janes maybe?

I'd also think a bright green hime cut would work well.

Try to make your face realistically pale. I'd study the makeup for Mr. Todd in the current movie Sweeney Todd. Enhance the curve of your eyebrows as well.

(Can you tell I'm a Joker nut?)
Chihiro Fujisaki (Dangan Ronpa) 5%
Der Tod (Elisabeth; Takarazuka) 0%

Last edited by Bealzabub : 12-23-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Bealzabub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2007, 10:10 PM   #3
lady_artemis
Awesome and PINK!!

hmmm... First, I'd suggest dulling down the colors (make it lavender, light green, and light orange). DO NOT make your face white >.< nonono. Use the lightest natural-colored foundation you can find at a drug store (depending on your skin color), and apply it to your face and neck. I'd advise not wearing bright red lipstick but maybe a dark pink. Lolita is all about looking natural so rep lipstick is not commonly worn (unless its guro loli or the likes). I think that a dark green wig would look best if you really must have green hair. Please don't upset the loli gods and wear purple/green stripped socks (or leggings! EWWW @ leggings) >.< It's not very elegant. I'd say stick to one color or the other, or white. Good luck on your outfit and Id like to see how it turns out.
lady_artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2007, 11:13 PM   #4
vampirate

I don't know about upsetting the loli gods or whatever. But I think if you want to be recognizable as the Joker you are right in that you need to stick with the classic color scheme. Having a "bang" gun or a friend dressed as a loli Harley with you would help too. Actually I think I'd rather see a loli Harley with an ega Joker(but then I like that cause it's similar to what a friend of mine did: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=831829), or just a whole group of loli DC villians, cause groups always make design variations more recognizable.
vampirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2007, 01:09 AM   #5
Enk
Keeper of the Ninja Elf

I would suggest muting the colours rather than going pastel for a loli-inspired Joker. Go for a dark purple and a more forest green than the vibrant purple and green! he has. Orange... is really hard to find in a colour that isn't bright and vibrant... try for a rich and reddish orange, it will make for a lovely highlight if everything else is muted.

Use a dark green wig and put it into pigtails or little buns.

The Joker often has a top hat, so it would be adorable if you had an itty bitty one pinned into your wig... maybe use a little white bow that says "bang" on it.

A lot of elite-lolis will get up in arms about this, but fret not. You are being very creative and awesome.
I *adore* the idea of lolifying characters, especially non-anime male ones
Unread 12-24-2007, 05:33 PM   #6
PockyFille

Pastel or darker versions would definitely work, especially if you're going with prince-style influences.

(i have a similar concept loli-in-progress with the katamari prince. similar colors, even! ^_0 )

i'd suggest looking into the alice-in-wonderland/card deck themes for accessories.
Unread 01-06-2008, 02:07 PM   #7
regina_astrum

Forgive my lack of artistic ability this was a 10 minute sketch colored in MS paint http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs22/f/20...tchka_west.jpg
this is the style I would suggest... the colors aren't very Lolita but if the Loli-gods come down upon you remind them it is a cosplay and not everyone uses it as a lifestyle fashion.
I tried to preserve the elements of the joker suit in the figure you showed I know that the jacket would be a pain in the butt to make but it is a pretty common Loli style.
For accessories a pair of striped stockings would go well with the character ... not Loli but the character itself. I would also suggest a small purple top hat with a joker card and a small toy gun on it that says bang (a small plastic toy you just glue a toothpick and a small sign to)
I look forward to seeing what you do with this
Unread 01-06-2008, 05:13 PM   #8
divine_fanaticy

i would definitely say use dark purple velvet! i think this is a good idea!
divine_fanaticy is offline   Reply With Quote