Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > A-Kon

Unread 06-01-2003, 11:46 AM   #1
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

Thanks to A-Konners!

As I'm writing this, it's Sunday morning and my Akon attendance is over for the weekend. I saw tons of amazing, inspiring costumes, and enjoyed them all. I just wanted to thank everyone I met from the board and let you all know how great it was to finally get a chance to talk to you, esp. Eurobeat King, psythe, and Rosiel; and to see more of you that I didn't get a chance to speak to (Kell, Die-chan) and hope to catch at the next event. For me that will be Otakon, and I hope to be a lot more "present" since I won't be at the mercy of someone else's schedule. Cheers to everyone!

www.suspiciouscloset.com
Koumori is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-01-2003, 02:15 PM   #2
kitsuneryo

My friends and I were at the mercy of everyone's schedule too...we had to drive back to houston last night...saturday...boooooo
kitsuneryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2003, 05:55 PM   #3
caelestis

I have to admit I have MUCH more fun at this one than last year because I participated more (although my heartless costume was a little ghetto.. didn't get quite enough time to get my act together.. oii).

But dunno if she'll read this... Halloween Sora we (moogle, heartless, Squall, and Yuffie) were gunna do a skit with but never found, we seriously looked all over for you until about 545, when we found the other KH group, and thought that was it. *hangs head* sorry so much.. we looked all over.

Randomness though-- anyone else enjoy the Mega-Chii beating down Bill Gates as much as I?
caelestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2003, 07:18 AM   #4
psythe

Was nice to finally meet you Koumori

Your Belldandy was awesome! Hope to see you again at Otakon

Last edited by psythe : 06-10-2003 at 01:05 PM.
psythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2003, 09:06 AM   #5
djmihoshi
I have misplaced my pants

Mega-chii was the shiz!
my favorite part was "Chii? Who am I?" "404 ERROR!"
I can't believe it's over....ah well....365 days till the next one! WOOOOOOT!

....</shameless plug> I also got my A-kon gallery up an running:
http://www.geocities.com/otaku_kyokai/akon.html
There will be more pictures when I get my film developed this afternoon, but it you want to add an picture, e-mail meeeeeee!
</shameless plug>
djmihoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2003, 10:09 AM   #6
Trinity
Here we go again!

It was a great convention and I had so much fun! It was so great to see everyone there. I'm going to start now looking for pictures. ^^;
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2003, 12:31 PM   #7
kelldar
kelldar the barbarian

Koumori, I hate that I missed seeing you & your Belldandy! I saw you from far away in the dealer's room but couldn't get over to you >< It was so crowded and noisy everywhere it was hard to find anyone sometimes... :\
Unread 06-02-2003, 07:21 PM   #8
TR5368
1337/\/355

I saw alot of you there, didnt get a chance to say hello though
TR5368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2003, 07:42 PM   #9
Space Invader
Sparkle Butt

Whee! It was fun meeting so many of you. Aeris, Admin, Nessa, Rosiel, Kell, Makoto, Ringo, Khet Tcheba, Eurobeat King... I know there are tons of other there, but I either a) didn't see you, or b) didn't recognize you. Ah well, some other time ^_^. I've decided I'm not going to go to A-Kon next year and save my funds for Anime Expo... is it just me or is A-Kon rather... err... unorganized? It doesn't seem that anything ever runs on schedule, and it's kinda pissing me off. It's been like that all 3 years I've been to A-Kon, and I'm just not going to waste my money on it next year.

Hopefully I'll see you all again sometime! It was fun!

{ I N L U M I N O }
Space Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2003, 01:49 AM   #10
Artema
Dying just to survive

I loved A-Kon! ^_^ It was my first, and I had a blast! It was a little disorganized, yeah, and I was totally disappointed that Fred Gallagher (MegaTokyo) wasn't going to be there, but everyone was so nice and the cosplayers were awesome!

You guys will see me again at A-Kon 15, as Trinity once again ^_^
Artema is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2003, 01:56 AM   #11
TR5368
1337/\/355

*bows down before Artema* You were awesome
TR5368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2003, 02:12 AM   #12
Artema
Dying just to survive

Quote:
Originally posted by TR5368
*bows down before Artema* You were awesome
^_^ Thank you! I enjoyed the con so much! People kept asking if they could give me hugs :3

I think I saw you once or twice... I need to buy five disposable cameras or something when I go again, I wanted more pictures of everyone!
Artema is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2003, 03:15 AM   #13
kodiak33
COBRAAAAAAAAA

Koumori

It was great to meet you. Thanks for stopping by and saying hello to the troops . I was disappointed that you ditched our party though . We were up till 4AM kicking people out!. It was a blast and I think those who attended enjoyed themselves. I am not sure if we will be doing another party next year though because you guys can get pretty crazy when you have a few beers in ya!

As for the rest of the con it was a little crowded for my tastes and I think I went up and down the stairs one too many times. Some of the smells reminded me of the guys locker room in high school...ahh the good ole days. Some of the costumes just blew me away (Kell's Yuffie, the Colonial Marines from Aliens, the Transformer etc...). Ya'll continue to amaze me with your talents. Hopefully I will see several of you at Dragon Con in August... if not I will catch ya at A*Kon 15.

Last edited by kodiak33 : 06-03-2003 at 03:29 AM.
kodiak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2003, 07:50 PM   #14
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

Kell, same here - I saw you at the masquerade but missed you afterwards! But I'm sure I'll finally get to chat with you soon.

And Lance, I TOTALLY wanted to come to your party, but SO was sick and she was driving. She even mentioned it the next day. Dangit. :P
Koumori is offline   Reply With Quote