Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 12-05-2007, 09:42 PM   #1
I_am_a_bunnie
I gOt A jAr Of DiRt

orochimaru's makeup!!

if researched but couldnt find what im looking for.
can anyone tell me a non-greasy, actually white and not like, pale skined, makeup and the purple for the under of his eye's?

Friday: Timejump Temari
Saturday: Timejump Sasuke
Sunday: ???

are you a Animazement attendie? come to my cosplay group on yahoo! its called AZCosplyerDungeon, have fun cosplaying ^^
I_am_a_bunnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-14-2007, 02:22 PM   #2
ooitsgina

Have you tried looking at Kryolan Aquacolor Foundation? Basically, it is foundation that you can apply to your face (Your whole body, actually), with makeup sponges lightly dabbed in water. If I were you, I'd purchase the TVWhite color for best results. Following up with the aquacolor foundation, you also would need to purchase makeup sealer so that way the white foundation won't smudge or sweat off. The makeup sealer is smudge, sweat, and grease free, and looks very professional in photographs!

Kryolan Aquacolor Foundation Order Page

For the purple under the eyes, I would just use purple acrilic paint (If that doesn't make you break out), or face paint. The makeup sealer can be applied over that as well so it won't smudge.

Make sure before you do anything that you wash your face of any oils first. After that, I would put mosturizer on your face so that way your skin doesn't dry out from the foundation/paint. Then you would just make your body white with the foundation, paint the purple under the eyes, and then just follow that up with the makeup sealer. Hope this helps and good luck!

Friday // Nel Tu Oderschvank (Espada Ver.).....Bleach
Saturday // Yuuki Cross/Kuran (Longer hair ver. w/ Full Artemis).....Vampire Knight
Sunday // Flapjack.....The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack (heck yes! )

Last edited by ooitsgina : 12-14-2007 at 02:25 PM.
ooitsgina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2007, 02:37 PM   #3
Adara

DO NOT put acrylic paint on your face, ESPECIALLY that close to your eye! Bad, BAD idea.

Try facepaint. If you can't find any in purple, you can try mixing red and blue, use purple eyeliner--it's MEANT to be near your eyes, so it's safe to be there.

2011 cosplay: Bellatrix LeStrange, Alice (SyFy miniseries)
Adara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2007, 01:43 PM   #4
ooitsgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adara View Post
DO NOT put acrylic paint on your face, ESPECIALLY that close to your eye! Bad, BAD idea.

Try facepaint. If you can't find any in purple, you can try mixing red and blue, use purple eyeliner--it's MEANT to be near your eyes, so it's safe to be there.
I put acrylic paint on my face all the time (even near my eyes and on my eyebrows) and I have no problem. I know that some people break out to acrylic paint, and I stated not to do that if you a prone to breaking out with that type of paint. I've been doing this for over a year, but I guess in Orochimaru's case, it wouldn't be safe to put the paint that close to your eye, now that I'm thinking about it. Sorry about that ^^;

Friday // Nel Tu Oderschvank (Espada Ver.).....Bleach
Saturday // Yuuki Cross/Kuran (Longer hair ver. w/ Full Artemis).....Vampire Knight
Sunday // Flapjack.....The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack (heck yes! )
ooitsgina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2007, 09:31 AM   #5
EGLpirate
Cosplay Ashley

When I cosplayed Orochimaru, for the white I used Wolfe Brothers Hydrocolor in color: 001 & for the purlpe i used La Femme Blush-on Rouge in Purple Passion. ^^
Unread 12-30-2007, 10:55 AM   #6
verdatum
Extremely registered user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adara View Post

I disagree with this to an extent. Acrylic paint around your eyes isn't going to do you the greatest of harms, or really any. At least in america, there are strict standards on artist's acrylic paints. Acrylic paint in the form of PAX is used by professionals all the time.

That being said, acrylic paint on it's own is not really sticky enough to stay on terribly well. It should be mixed with prosaide to make PAX to stay on well. And compared to Kryolan Aquacolor, it's a bit of a sticky pain, and should really only be used if absolutely needed, and unless you're doing an orochimaru cosplay while running a marathon in the summertime, this probably isn't one of those cases.
Unread 01-01-2008, 01:54 PM   #7
panda0920

Well I know someone who is going as Orochimaru for an up-coming convention, she used normal face paint and it looked perfectly fine, but face paint may be a bit hard to find, just because it's no longer Halloween and all. So yeah, your best bet is probably face paint, maybe with a sealent (sp?) which could help keep the paint from running.
panda0920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #8
Akune-chan

I would go with the Ben Nye Clown White Magicake for the base and Lo'real HIP Eggplant eye liner :O

Thats what I used