Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 12-06-2007, 10:12 PM   #1
Jacaranda
Spastic Sagittarius

Recomendations for eyelash glue?

For my next cosplay, I'm planning on wearing some trimmed feathers near my eyebrows and eyelashes. So, the most logical route for this seems to be obvious: eyelash glue!

However, no one I know personally uses falsies, so I'm at a loss for which brand to use. Does anyone have a good recomendation for a brand of eyelash glue to use?
Jacaranda is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-06-2007, 10:16 PM   #2
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

I often just use what comes with the lashes...although I have a tube of "She-Gloo" which works fine.

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #3
Jacaranda
Spastic Sagittarius

Thank you. I want to start experimenting now so that I won't be completely frantic when the con comes around.
Jacaranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2007, 10:27 PM   #4
chisainekocat
Harr0

I don't think it really matters what brand; it's how you use it what matters. A rookie mistake is to put too much glue on the lashes or not letting the glue dry long enough. Make sure you put on a very thin yet even line of glue, and wait until the glue is little tacky (usually about a minute).

My old cosplay group: JAC Productions (with Paro Paro Inc friends) jac-productions.com/
chisainekocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2007, 07:35 AM   #5
AMFX

Hi Jacaranda,

I am a new member and being a make-up artist strayed into this forum. The best eyelash adhesive I have used is DUO eyelash adhesive made by aii beauty. You can use it to stick all types of things around the eyes or on the body.

Hope that helps.

amfx
AMFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2007, 10:37 AM   #6
agent_airline

SPIRIT GUM

/thread

But really, this stuff is amazing. I'm a regular user of all kinds of fake eyelashes and feather lashes. A tiny bit of spirit gum holds like nothing else. I've had big bushy party lashes on for 16 hours, through sweat and heat, and they were still firmly on at the end of that.

Last edited by agent_airline : 12-07-2007 at 10:40 AM.
Unread 12-07-2007, 11:21 AM   #7
godsavethequeen
Seamstress Extraordinaire

Adding to chisainekocat's comments, thought this may be helpful for anyone new to eyelash application!

From my website (tips and tricks section):

False eyelashes, when done correctly, are a very easy way to bring some drama to the eye area. There are all sorts of different eyelashes ranging from small individual clusters to extra-thick-can-be-seen-a-mile-away lashes. The most important thing to keep in mind when using false eyelashes is to make sure they are glued as close to the natural eyelash line as possible. Nothing is a dead giveaway like false eyelashes glued to the middle of your eyelid! So, how to put them on you ask?

First, gently peel the lash from its container, being extra careful not to rip it. Hold it up to your eyelid (without glue) and determine if you need to cut off an extra length. We recommend cutting off extra length from the inside part of the lash (the shortest fibers) so you are able to retain the longest (and most dramatic) parts of the eyelash. Once you know both lashes will fit your eyelid, it is time to glue them on. We have seen our clients use one of two methods:

(1) Squeeze a thin trail of glue directly onto the lash and allow it to get "tacky" for about 30 seconds. Gently press the eyelash onto your eyelid - getting it as close to the natural lash line as possible. We like to start from the inside corner of the eye. Hold it on the eyelid for another 30-60 seconds. Allow it to dry thoroughly before opening your eye! Repeat this process for the other side.

(2) Squeeze a small amount of glue onto a makeup brush. Grab the tip of the eyelash and run it through the dot of glue. Some clients with prefer this method of glue application to method one. Continue to apply eyelashes as described above.

http://www.godsavethequeenfashions.com
gstqfashions@gmail.com
godsavethequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2007, 03:33 PM   #8
Arlette
Let it Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisainekocat View Post
I don't think it really matters what brand; it's how you use it what matters. A rookie mistake is to put too much glue on the lashes or not letting the glue dry long enough. Make sure you put on a very thin yet even line of glue, and wait until the glue is little tacky (usually about a minute).
I couldn't agree more. I made the mistake at Otakon of putting too much glue on a pair of lashes (I was in a hurry) and completely ruined them. I didn't have time to wait for it to dry so I could peel it off and do it again, so I went without. What I generally do is put a really thin line from end to end and then wave the lash around in the air for a few seconds to make the glue become tacky faster. I hate the cheap ones I used at AUSA this year, though. I can't remember the brand, but they were way too dark, long, and thick.

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2007, 04:28 PM   #9
london2191

I wore a pair today to school (being my birthday, wanted to look pretty. : D) and I applied like Godsavethequeen said, onto the eyelash. It ended up peeling off a bit towards the end of the day. Is there a way to reapply it without peeling the eyelash off?

My pair are from a korean store, I think the brand is Shisem or something?
Unread 12-07-2007, 05:21 PM   #10
godsavethequeen
Seamstress Extraordinaire

Most likely you'll just have to peel off and reapply - adding glue while the eyelash is still on your eyelid = tricky. Next time, you may need to let the glue get "tacky" for a bit longer than thirty seconds? Other than that...were the lashes trimmed to the right length? Depending on the shape of your eye, the lashes may have been too long...and hence more likely to coming loose. Try a different glue next time and see if you have the same problem.

http://www.godsavethequeenfashions.com
gstqfashions@gmail.com

Last edited by godsavethequeen : 12-07-2007 at 05:22 PM. Reason: More info.
godsavethequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2009, 09:15 PM   #11
xstrawberrymilk
Still Doll

Wow o.o These tips helped! :3
From now I'll I'll let the glue get tacky o_o
Thannnk you :3
`/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ
xstrawberrymilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2009, 09:23 PM   #12
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

please look at the date before you post. this thread is two years old...

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
StrawberrySiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2009, 02:05 PM   #13
Viveeh
necrocarnival

Sorry to post in an old thread, but I don't want to start a new one for this... I don't know where the problem is, but when I try to take off my fake lashes, I pull off half of my own lashes, and that hurts SO freaking much. Could it be because I put a bit too much glue on the lashes? Now I'm too afraid to use them again.
Viveeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2009, 01:36 AM   #14
Cosplay_Rose
Gold Rose Cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viveeh View Post
Sorry to post in an old thread, but I don't want to start a new one for this... I don't know where the problem is, but when I try to take off my fake lashes, I pull off half of my own lashes, and that hurts SO freaking much. Could it be because I put a bit too much glue on the lashes? Now I'm too afraid to use them again.
I'm new to lashes, so I'm not entirely sure about this, this is mostly just my logic, but you could be putting the lashes too close to your own. I bought a pair of Halloween lashes the other day, and on the package, it says not to place them "too close."
And if the glue "spills" over onto your real eyelashes, it probably is too much glue.

Program Director at Kin-Yoobi Con
Cosplay_Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #15
fanimegirl

I love the DUO lash adhesive. it works great plus you can get it at a drugstore too
fanimegirl is offline   Reply With Quote