Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Dragonball Z

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-22-2004, 08:19 PM   #556
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

DUDE! Dar-Dar!!! I was in Hobby Lobby this afternoon looking for a patch and lo and behold! I found SMOOTH, oval fake gems. They were in the aisle with the patches and fabric paints, they're part of a line of clear gems that are meant to be used with fabric paint to create "jewels" on clothing. They come clear, so whatever color fabric paint is used beneath them to stick them to the clothes, that's the color the gem turns - you see it through the gem. I had never seen anything like it before, so I was poking around them, and actually found smooth oval ones, in addition to the usual faceted ones. Those would be *perfect* for Broly, at least where the gems need to be smallish. They're only about an inch long at the most. You could easily just stick a piece of blue paper behind them and glue them onto the jewelry and voila!

Alas, my search for an anchor patch came up bust. *shrugs* At least I came out of HL with that info!

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-22-2004, 08:22 PM   #557
kdthompson
Will Work for Cosplay

!!! *faints*

I think my city just got a hobby lobby; I'll have to stop by there.

And my condolences on your patches. I had issues trying to find a pattern for a pleated skirt not too long ago, so I totally understand.

Check out my My Web Page and My dA Page
kdthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2004, 11:16 PM   #558
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

*bounce* Mystic Gohan was a huge hit! Made fansview.com (which isn't hard to do, I admit) and Kyle Hebert took a 15 sec clip of me with his vid-phone and said he's putting it on his website. I'll get pics up in the gallery in a day or so, when I've gotten sleep.

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
Unread 03-28-2004, 11:29 PM   #559
kdthompson
Will Work for Cosplay

*gives thumbs up for the Mystic Gohan* You go girl! Oh, and I was wondering how my jewelry for Zarbon is coming? I can't remember if I mentioned it or not to you, but a long while back, I saw the cross bar thingy like the one Zarbon has on the front of his tiara...

ANYWAY. One I recover from my burns, I'm going to try and continue working on my saiyan armor for Zarbon. I've got a better sewing needle than I did last time as well as
and a surplus of craft foam.

Unread 03-29-2004, 12:46 AM   #560
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

It is on my list of things to do. I have you marked down with Otakon as a deadline, but I should get to it well before that. No worries! Where did you see the crossbar piece? If you think it would work, if you see it again, get it and send it to me, I'll use it.

But take care of yourself with that hot glue!! Girl! Learn from our motto at work: Don't Hurt Yourself. (that, and No Blood On The Banners, but that's not applicable here)

Unread 03-29-2004, 06:10 PM   #561
kdthompson
Will Work for Cosplay

I saw it at Joannes in the jewelry section. I haven't check in a while, so I'll see what I can do to find it. It rememeber seeing it in silver, so it would probably work.

And, um, I'm trying to do better; I was working on armor again with the curling iron last night, and I was using work gloves, so I'll probably keep doing that. Usually I don't burn myself this badly.

Unread 03-29-2004, 07:51 PM   #562
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Gotcha...Joann's. Good place to look.

Putting Mystic Gohan pics up in my gallery as soon as the darn thing comes up. It seems to be having some page loading issues. But they'll be up there!

Unread 03-29-2004, 10:03 PM   #563
kdthompson
Will Work for Cosplay

Sweetness on a stick! *looks forward to seeing the pics*

Unread 03-30-2004, 04:21 AM   #564
Infini
~

I finished my Chichi costume! It isn't perfect, but it's okay for a costume that cost practically nothing.

I might put some pics up once I get my hair cut and dyed, but only if I can get a good picture. I'm not very photogenic, sadly. Oh, I decided to put my Trunks costume on hold until I can afford it (mostly because good wigs are expensive), but I already bought the fabric for the jacket. Since it's a weird color I'm going to dye the fabric once I finish it. By then I will be able to get the patch for the arm as well.

-Infini
Infini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2004, 07:47 PM   #565
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Cool, Infini! We'll be looking forward to pics, for sure!

mine are up. Finally. *grumbles*

Unread 03-30-2004, 09:28 PM   #566
kdthompson
Will Work for Cosplay

*smiles* Mystic Gohan looks good; I think the only thing you really need is a spiky wig, or sorts, to finish off the look.

But that's being really nit picky...

Unread 03-30-2004, 09:52 PM   #567
DarkSiderSteve
Super Saiyan Sith Lord

Whoa CC, looking good. Im impressed.
DarkSiderSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2004, 10:20 PM   #568
yugifan818
" I will not let u win "

man i wish i had i digital camera/scanner so i could show u guy's how my goku came out

costumes in the works for AX 07:

Kabuto ( naruto ): 85 %
yugifan818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2004, 11:33 PM   #569
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Thanks guys! Yeah, I only gelled my hair back, I didn't want to go overboard considering I did it Saturday for Hiei anyway. And discovered that my hair is a bit long to be overcoming gravity at the moment...must get haircut before ACen...

yugifan - have you gotten the costume to a convention yet? you'll get pics that way.

Unread 04-02-2004, 04:34 PM   #570
yugifan818
" I will not let u win "

no i haven't gone to any cons or what ever this will be my first year going to the anime xpo though

costumes in the works for AX 07:

Kabuto ( naruto ): 85 %
yugifan818 is offline   Reply With Quote