Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Dragonball Z

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-06-2004, 10:04 PM   #586
Chino-San
Pwetty Pwetty Crossplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishima
On more of a side note, who will be able to make it to Otakon this year? I remeber CC posting something about a dbz gathering in the Otakon fourms, but it's kinda gone now I belive?
As I remember from last year, dbz wasn't that popular. But I did happen to run into like...1 random Android 17 and 18, but that was about it I think.
Come on people dbz invasion at Otakon this year! o.o;;
If I was going to Otakon I'd soo cosplay Adult Gohan for you guys.

Unread 04-06-2004, 11:23 PM   #587
yugifan818
" I will not let u win "

heh i would go as goku if i lived near otakon

costumes in the works for AX 07:

Kabuto ( naruto ): 85 %
yugifan818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2004, 11:59 PM   #588
laerry
Murumo de PON!

Well, my sisters and I will be doing GT at Otakon (don't know if that counts or not), but my dad will obviously be in DBZ attire (I'm going to have to teach him to make cranky Vegeta faces so he can pose for pictures ^_^).
Thanks for the info, CC - it's a big help!
Unread 04-07-2004, 01:39 AM   #589
Mishima
Beyond the Legendary Mask

Thumbs up

GT? I would think it would count just as much.....Just so long as no one goes some kinda GT Vegeta that is... Who are you and your sister cosplaying as? Im pretty clear on your father as Vegeta, but I don't belive I caught what you two will be going as.
Mishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2004, 05:35 AM   #590
laerry
Murumo de PON!

Ah, sorry - we're doing 'the girls': Bra, Marron, and Pan
Unread 04-07-2004, 04:37 PM   #591
kdthompson
Will Work for Cosplay

*waves to all* Hey! I'm back! My Art Show finished up today; got alot of interesting comments; both good and bad.

Now that I have my dress maker's dummy back; I can start work on my Saiyan Armor for Zarbon again! I've learned a few things as well; so thigns should go much faster and easer; espically in teh department of velcro and sewing through plastic. *has a smaller needle this time*

Um...Yeah....I'm going to try and get lots of work done over spring break; if I'm not online that'll be why.

Check out my My Web Page and My dA Page
kdthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2004, 06:50 PM   #592
Chino-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar-Dar
*waves to all* Hey! I'm back! My Art Show finished up today; got alot of interesting comments; both good and bad.

Now that I have my dress maker's dummy back; I can start work on my Saiyan Armor for Zarbon again! I've learned a few things as well; so thigns should go much faster and easer; espically in teh department of velcro and sewing through plastic. *has a smaller needle this time*

Um...Yeah....I'm going to try and get lots of work done over spring break; if I'm not online that'll be why.
Welcome back ^^. I am sure you must of posted this earlier within the thread. But I was wondering how are you making your Saiyan armor?
Unread 04-07-2004, 07:18 PM   #593
number18
cyborg playgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chino-San
But I was wondering how are you making your Saiyan armor?
He's going by the plastic sheeting method, I believe. There's a tutorial on how to do that here: http://amethyst-angel.com/armormaking_saiyan.html

As for my original costumes and armor, I had to give up on them...and it's a day before the con. Kind of sucky, but there just wasn't enough time to make anything of good quality. Plus I was talking it over with my boyfriend and I'm going to completely scrap the boot covers and gauntlets I have now and start over, making proper saiyan boots and gloves. Sucks and I'm kinda disappointed that we won't have these costumes for Anime Boston, but I think it's better this way. Here's a reaaaally crap progress picture of the armor..
http://www.cyborgmemoirs.com/digi/Dsc03140.jpg

And this is of the bodysuit itself.
http://www.cyborgmemoirs.com/digi/Dsc03144.jpg
I would wear just the bodysuit for the hell of it, but it's too plain on it's own.

"Are we gonna continue?"
"Of course."
"That's the spirit."
number18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2004, 09:10 PM   #594
Chino-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by number18
He's going by the plastic sheeting method, I believe. There's a tutorial on how to do that here: http://amethyst-angel.com/armormaking_saiyan.html

As for my original costumes and armor, I had to give up on them...and it's a day before the con. Kind of sucky, but there just wasn't enough time to make anything of good quality. Plus I was talking it over with my boyfriend and I'm going to completely scrap the boot covers and gauntlets I have now and start over, making proper saiyan boots and gloves. Sucks and I'm kinda disappointed that we won't have these costumes for Anime Boston, but I think it's better this way. Here's a reaaaally crap progress picture of the armor..
http://www.cyborgmemoirs.com/digi/Dsc03140.jpg

And this is of the bodysuit itself.
http://www.cyborgmemoirs.com/digi/Dsc03144.jpg
I would wear just the bodysuit for the hell of it, but it's too plain on it's own.
Ah your too hard of yourself. I think they look pretty good^_^.
Unread 04-08-2004, 06:00 PM   #595
yugifan818
" I will not let u win "

they do look very good number18, ^_^; sorry but who r u going as i don't think i have read ( i know it sounds weird asking)

Unread 04-08-2004, 08:54 PM   #596
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Dude, 18, that's a great start to the armor! That's how I would have made it if I'd done it myself instead of waiting on this foam latex project. Hell, if that doesn't get motivated, I just might! Bummer that you had to scrap it right before the con, though.

Dar-Dar! Yay! Armor progress! We must have Zarbon for Otakon. I'll bring both Dende and Mystic Gohan, we'll see what mood I'm in when.

Mishima - yeah, I started the thread...I bet with some digging i can find it again and pull it up. I TOTALLY want a DB/DBZ/DBGT invasion!! It will never die! (too excited, spent most of my afternoon watching DBZ and the Broly movie)

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2004, 07:24 PM   #597
yugifan818
" I will not let u win "

heh cc how many times have u seen the brolly movie i've seen it 3 times, it's one of the only dbz movies i haven't watch millions of times

Unread 04-09-2004, 09:08 PM   #598
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

3 or 4 times so far...my friend was visiting and hadn't seen it yet. I was spending the whole time looking at Broly's costume for Dar-Dar's sake! I think I have some interesting ideas about how that sash is draped around him.

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2004, 09:56 PM   #599
kdthompson
Will Work for Cosplay

I've only seen it once. It got played at our school's Anime club, but I missed that showing (a friend of mine dragged me off because she didn't want to see it and she didn't want to be alone *sighs* ) and then I borrowed it from the vice prez and watched it at home.

That's probably the best DBZ movie. It has a plot for Kami's sake!! And a good one too...*loves the fact that Veggie head acts like such a pansy*

I actually didn't get to do anything on the armor today; I didn't get around to bringing my dress maker's dummy inside, plus, my little probably wouldn't let me make it around him. *sighs* I think I have a good 8 hrs of work left on the armor, if I could just pin down 8 hrs...*wanders off to work on other prop making projects *coughcoughYGOcostumecoughcough* ^_^;;

Check out my My Web Page and My dA Page
kdthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2004, 04:09 AM   #600
Chino-San

I dunno I perfer the Janemba movie better. It had Hitler getting his butt kicked!