Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Dragonball Z

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-04-2006, 03:01 AM   #1156
BionicSlime
Super Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielDarkhawk
@ The Creeper: Oh I'm sorry....I was just posting for the general thoughts of the thread...I don't live around the Midwest. ^^;;;;;
That's okay, just checking.
BionicSlime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-04-2006, 11:16 PM   #1157
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Possibly. ACen 07 is a long way away, but I suppose I'm going even if I complain about not knowing yet and not having money. I'll post in the ACen forum for you.

I haven't sworn of all masquerades, just ACen's. It's not run very well. Basically, everyone is competing against everyone regardless of their skill level, so the complete newbies making their first costume for the stage are being judged at the same level as the Master costumers with the huge costumes with beads and embroidery and crap all over them. Their judging system is very unfair and penalizes performers who are also good at workmanship.

...but, some people just like to go on stage. *shrug* Not me. I need to have crafted something worthy of it.

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2006, 11:24 PM   #1158
Bulma
Mittens in the Summertime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrakite
Bulma, you look great as Bulma and Juu. I love your pics with Vegeta and the others too.
Thanks !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessWolf
My completed Yamcha cosplay. Comment or whatever. ^^

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=765763
OMG I LOVE your Yamcha *.*

I hope I can, finally, cosplay Great Saiyaman 2-Videl this year, I have some progress in the outfit and also on Great Saiyaman-Gohan (for my friend), so I'll be working again on this costume probably after October.
Planned: Android #18 (Cell Saga) - Dragon Ball Z - Hiyori Sarugaki (Shinigami) - Bleach - Temari (4th outfit - Naruto (Manga-Shippuuden) - Malin - King of Fighters - Rukia Kuchiki (Summer School Uniform) - Bleach - Bulma Briefs (Mirai Trunks Saga) - Dragon Ball Z - Suki - Avatar: The Last Airbender - Leona Heidern - King Of Fighters MI - Nami - One Piece - Sakura Haruno - Naruto Movie 1 - Haruko Haruhara - FLCL - Tsunade-Sama - Naruto

My english sucks because HABLO ESPAŅOL!!
Bulma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2006, 11:45 PM   #1159
SephirothXer0
Dead Thread King

I've got some new pics of my SSJ4 Goku costume

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=788099

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=787973

don't mind the blue shirt underneath, it was very cold when I wore this costume, and I had to do something to keep me from hypothermia

I'll be bare-chested when I wear this to AZ07

any comments, suggestions?
Save our race. Know the truth

Official Member of the Turtle Hermit Club
SephirothXer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2006, 05:44 PM   #1160
Kayoshin
Life and human feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Creeper
Just so you know, I don't really have anyone willing to do it YET but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm hoping to get some people to do it with me but even if they don't I am still going as Janemba from DBZ movie 12.
I know it! It's sooo hard making a group!!! When I did my DBZ group we were just in 3! We were fron Cell saga (since I don't like to mix different
saga's autfits) and we were only me as Chichi and 2 friends as Vegeta and Bulma! We made tons of threads to find someone but none answered! So Chichi with no Goku!
It's such a pity we live in different countryes and so far because we could make a group all toghether!

Quote:
Thanks and I appreciate your comments on my Cell costume. The hat was hard because I was trying to keep it's length (the pointy things) within cosplay guidelines since I got in trouble the year before that with my Legato Bluesummers suit.
It's always a pleasure with DB-DBZ-DBGT cosplays!

Quote:
The GT Dragon, Haze Shenron I think will be a blast for a couple reasons:

1# I want to promote GT and prove it doesn't suck
2# He's my favorite dragon out of the 7
3# He's the cartooniest looking so his features would be easier to duplicate
4# I want someone BIG and hard to do to impress the Masquerade judges
5# To help support DBZ cosplayes, in addition with my Janemba suit

I hope to get someone to do this group with me, so here's hoping.
I just say to you GANBARE!!! work hard to do it the best and than post pics here!!!
I was planning to do a full DB-DBZ-DBGT bad guys group with some friends and other cosplayers on the net but the project ended immediately, due for 2 things:

-too many characters (something like 75 )
-people were not so interested
Kayoshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2006, 05:48 PM   #1161
Kayoshin
Life and human feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsuleCorp
well, you know, if you mention in the ACen forum that you would like to have a DB/Z/GT gathering next year, it gives people time to plan. I'd be up for breaking out Gohan for a couple of hours to do a photoshoot. Gohan or Dende, I guess - I haven't worn Dende in two years. But he requires so much makeup, that if it was the sort of thing I'd need to get in and out of quickly, I'd have to go for Mystic Gohan.

Not for the masquerade, though. I have sworn off ACen's masquerade forever. -_-
You!!! You!!! You are the person who did Dende? Great!!!!!!!!! OMG! I'm talking with the person who did the Dende cosplay!!!
Unread 08-06-2006, 05:58 PM   #1162
Kayoshin
Life and human feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulma
Thanks !!

OMG I LOVE your Yamcha *.*

I hope I can, finally, cosplay Great Saiyaman 2-Videl this year, I have some progress in the outfit and also on Great Saiyaman-Gohan (for my friend), so I'll be working again on this costume probably after October.
Bulmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hola amiga!!!!!!! Que tal?
I'm planning to do Goha Greatsaiyaman! Lol you did #18 and I'm planning to do #17 and you are planning to do Videl Greatsayaman and me Gohan Greatsaiyaman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothXer0
Oh pretty!!!!!

Last edited by Kayoshin : 08-06-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Unread 08-06-2006, 06:19 PM   #1163
BionicSlime
Super Villain

Well like I said, I'm open for anyone who's willing to try thus at ACEN 2007. Any kind of DB related cosplay from TV specials, to movies, to GT to whatever. It's located in IL and I'd like anyone who is interested in this to please say so.

Even if it is a whole year away, it's better to plan now then to panic later. If you guys know of anyone who might be interested and who might be close enough to ACEN's actual location, please let them know. The more the better.
Unread 08-06-2006, 08:56 PM   #1164
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

*blushies* Yes, yes, that was me who did Dende. I can't think of any other time I've ever seen anyone even attempt to do him, so it must be me. Thank you! I'm glad you like it! I always did enjoy being in the costume, even if the latex cap gets a bit itchy around the hairline after a while.

Come to think of it, I could probably do Nail, too, if I wanted to - just have to make a regular cowl and a vest, which is what, a couple hours' work for me? I bet I even have the right colors in my fabric bin. Heh. Hmmmm....

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
Unread 08-07-2006, 04:16 AM   #1165
Kayoshin
Life and human feelings

Quote:
*blushies* Yes, yes, that was me who did Dende. I can't think of any other time I've ever seen anyone even attempt to do him, so it must be me. Thank you! I'm glad you like it! I always did enjoy being in the costume, even if the latex cap gets a bit itchy around the hairline after a while.

Come to think of it, I could probably do Nail, too, if I wanted to - just have to make a regular cowl and a vest, which is what, a couple hours' work for me? I bet I even have the right colors in my fabric bin. Heh. Hmmmm....
I think a whole Namekian group would be very pretty and original! And cool too!
Unread 08-08-2006, 09:06 PM   #1166
BionicSlime
Super Villain

I imagine that would be pretty hard.

What with all the make up and antennae props you'd need.
Unread 08-08-2006, 10:31 PM   #1167
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

It's not as hard as it seems. The makeup is easy, it's the Namekian body shape and tone with the muscles that might be hard. I lucked out, but I know not everyone can have a custom printed Lycra shirt like mine...

Unread 08-09-2006, 06:25 PM   #1168
Kayoshin
Life and human feelings

Quote:
It's not as hard as it seems. The makeup is easy, it's the Namekian body shape and tone with the muscles that might be hard. I lucked out, but I know not everyone can have a custom printed Lycra shirt like mine...
Oh can I ask you a suggestion for my Kaioshin cosplay? I'm in big troubles with the face! What can I do?
A latex mask is cool but really expencive!
Unread 08-09-2006, 06:33 PM   #1169
MisatoNpenpen
Eskimo sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayoshin
Oh can I ask you a suggestion for my Kaioshin cosplay? I'm in big troubles with the face! What can I do?
A latex mask is cool but really expencive!
latex isn't really that expensive! It would be a lot more work though!
Unread 08-09-2006, 09:56 PM   #1170
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

You don't have to do the full face. Just get latex prosthetic ears - they're around $10US here. You can either paint them to match the makeup for your face (which is a little more involved but I can explain how I painted my Dende ears and bald cap) or you can just cover them with the same makeup you're using on your face. Then, use regular theatrical makeup to paint yourself purple, with maybe a little heavy black eyeliner to make your eyes stand out.

As for the hair...well, I had once considered doing Supreme Kai so I had puzzled that out once, but I think I forgot what I was planning to do. I'll have to go back through some of my costume notes and see if I wrote it down somewhere. I hope so. Maybe you can make use of them, since I'm not going to do the costume anytime soon.