Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Dragonball Z

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-28-2006, 01:22 AM   #1186
BionicSlime
Super Villain

I know i've been "out of the loop" for a long freaking time and that probably no one will be able to do this but I'm gonna plug this in anyway since it's the end of the year and I wanna try and get this cosplay group idea "alive" again:

I'm looking for any Dragon Ball/Z/GT cosplayers to join me at ACEN Anime Central 2007 in IL. Just for a group shot and it would only be for that shot. Any characters from any DB series or movie or OVA or special is acceptable.

I know people got plans, costumers, and ideas of their own but I just thought I'd throw this out there one more time. I'll be going as Janemba (devil form) from Dragon Ball Z Movie 12 (Fusion reborn) for my daily walk-around costume.

And I will be going as Haze/Ryan Shenron from Dragon Ball GT for my masquerade entry. Anyone who is interested PLEASE contact me as I would love to see/meet you there and promote Dragon ball cosplay.

Anime Central 2020:
Soul Eater - Soul Eater
Giriko - Soul Eater
Super Android 17# - Dragon Ball GT
BionicSlime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-29-2006, 01:28 AM   #1187
linkluver6
Zelda fan for life!!!

I saw a pretty good Goku at pmx this year
the hair was nice and he was even built like him (to an extent of course)
but I dont think he has a cosplay account sadly enough

I really want to Goku super saiyan one
or Gogeta

as for the muscles though I was thinking of getting a blow up muscle shirt heh

I just wanna see more dbz cosplayers period

FF7
Gintama
linkluver6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2006, 09:02 AM   #1188
ApolloNoUta
Cosplayer in Training

I would really like to do DBZ crossplay (or cosplay, if you can find a girl character I'm willing to dress up like), but it's hard to find a character I'd look good as, and that I like at the same time. I did have an idea or two though. Just this morning, I thought of Red Ribbon Army costumes, and lately, I've been having an idea for a ghetto Maijin Buu (the chubby one) costume.

Future Costumes
April May - Gyakuten Saiban - 0%, Rain Mikamura - G Gundam - 0%
ApolloNoUta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2006, 03:57 PM   #1189
BionicSlime
Super Villain

Well Dragon Ball has lots of female characters to pick from, and it all really depends on who you would like to dress up as. But trust me when I say there's plenty to pick from:

Bulma (MANY outfits)
Bra
Pan
Android 18 (MANY outfits)
Chi Chi
Marron
Zangya
Videl
Great Saiyaman 2
Oceanus Shenron
Launch
Mai

That's quite a few female characters to pick from and as for crossplay, who did you have in mind for that?

Anime Central 2020:
Soul Eater - Soul Eater
Giriko - Soul Eater
Unread 12-29-2006, 08:59 PM   #1190
linkluver6
Zelda fan for life!!!

I always thought Bulma would be fun because I could sow a baby trunks doll and walk around with that

FF7
Gintama
linkluver6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2006, 09:17 PM   #1191
BionicSlime
Super Villain

Bulma is an easy one to dress for, she has many outfits so you got lots of easy/hard ones to choose from. The baby Trunks is actually a good idea, I've seen other people do it before and I know it's a useful prop.

I always love to see more Bulmas around, heh.

Anime Central 2020:
Soul Eater - Soul Eater
Giriko - Soul Eater
Unread 12-30-2006, 11:03 PM   #1192
Hikaruhime
I'm jusaiyan

I've got a Bulma in progress. Just got the wig in and it needs to be styled and cut. I have some "photos" of Baby Trunks to print off on photo paper, so they look like photos from an instant camera. ^^ After I do that, I'll only have the orange tracksuit left to get--which I'm discovering is harder to find than I thought it would be. I'm doing Bulma from the episodes when she's examining Cell's egg with the orange tracksuit, red tank top, and red and white hat. ^_^

To anyone who's done this version of Bulma, where did you find your tracksuit? Or did you make it? Not really wanting to make it, but if I have no other choice...
Tokyo in Tulsa // Tulsa, OK

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS:
Isis from SMITE
Capitol Citizen from Hunger Games

Mythos Creations Cosplay Group
Hikaruhime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2006, 12:35 AM   #1193
BionicSlime
Super Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaruhime View Post
I've got a Bulma in progress. Just got the wig in and it needs to be styled and cut. I'm doing Bulma from the episodes when she's examining Cell's egg with the orange tracksuit, red tank top, and red and white hat.
That'd be great if you could make it to Anime central and be apart of my DB group. I actually went as Imperfect/Perfect Cell at ACEN 05. I also have seen someone who's cosplayed as Bulma from the egg examining episodes.

It's an interesting outfit. You doing the egg too?

Anime Central 2020:
Soul Eater - Soul Eater
Giriko - Soul Eater
Unread 12-31-2006, 12:45 AM   #1194
Hikaruhime
I'm jusaiyan

ACen is a bit too far for me, or else I would. ;\ I'm not doing the egg because I *really* hate carrying props around. I am already annoyed at the fact that I'll have to carry around the sennen rod for my EGL Malik cosplay, but that can't be helped. I figure I can put the Baby Trunks photos in my jacket pocket. I try to avoid cosplays that focus heavily on props. XD I've never seen a Cell cosplayer live. It must have been awesome~!
Tokyo in Tulsa // Tulsa, OK

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS:
Isis from SMITE
Capitol Citizen from Hunger Games

Mythos Creations Cosplay Group
Hikaruhime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2006, 12:54 AM   #1195
BionicSlime
Super Villain

Cell was alot of fun, he's my favorite anime character/villain of all time and it was a great feeling to actually be him. I felt bad at first because my Imperfect Cell came out kinda weird looking and I wasn't able to duplicate those bulgy black shiny "shell" like chest muscles Perfect Cell has properly.

I'm still happy with how it came out and knowing that people said they've never seen a Cell before makes me feel even better about doing it.

Anime Central 2020:
Soul Eater - Soul Eater
Giriko - Soul Eater
Unread 12-31-2006, 01:06 PM   #1196
ApolloNoUta
Cosplayer in Training

What I meant by a "Ghetto Majin Buu" costume, was a kinda weird concept that I came up with. It'd be more like a street outfit homage to Majin Buu. I am not gangster in any aspect, to let you know, but my idea was to get a baggy pink hoodie (I'd add the antenna thingy on top, and the little holes), a black vest to go over that, white poofy pants, black leggings, a belt with the Majin sign, and yellow boots and gloves, and a purple bedsheet for the cape. And there'd be a possibility of fitting newspaper or a pillow in the stomach of the hoodie.

Future Costumes

Last edited by ApolloNoUta : 12-31-2006 at 01:13 PM.
Unread 12-31-2006, 04:12 PM   #1197
ApolloNoUta
Cosplayer in Training

Here is a link to the design I made for the costume. Mind you, there have been changes from what I just described, because my little sister made some suggestions and I fixed it up a little.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...buucostume.jpg

Future Costumes
Unread 12-31-2006, 06:51 PM   #1198
mirrorsaber
in unknown territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by teggy16 View Post
I would really like to do DBZ crossplay (or cosplay, if you can find a girl character I'm willing to dress up like), but it's hard to find a character I'd look good as, and that I like at the same time. I did have an idea or two though. Just this morning, I thought of Red Ribbon Army costumes, and lately, I've been having an idea for a ghetto Maijin Buu (the chubby one) costume.
I suggest looking at the artbook illustrations of characters because that helps. I found a Yamcha christmas Santa outfit I want to do for next year's christmas and many other outfits of his.
mirrorsaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2007, 04:25 PM   #1199
amazingfly

Sorry for not reading all 80 pages lol. Has anyone seen a Tien cosplay? I am considering doing that. I body build(not to the max or anything) and I was thinking like my Inuyasha costume looked a little off because I am big. So I should cosplay someone big. I think I decided to do a Tien(even considering bodybuilding suppluments so I would have better muscle definition, I think that would add alot!). and I cant seem to find any Tien cosplay to maybe use as a reference or somthing. Oh and I am going to try to get my brother to go as choutsu, that would be so cool. oh and wich version. I am thinging, the green top that goes over one shoulder, or topless depending on my abs at the time(I like my arms and upper body much more than my abs unfortunatley that means my abs have NO definition)

METROCON 07(completed Inuyasha)
AFO 07 (inuyasha) not going again it sucked
Dragon Con(Inuyasha, couldn't finish my squall in time)
T-MODE 07 (Squall SeeD uniform)

up-coming conventions

Nekocon 07(Tien*FLEX*, not positive)

ALL my pictures are in myspace http://www.myspace.com/amazingfly

My friends
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=289599885
amazingfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2007, 09:01 PM   #1200
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Waaaaay back in the day Meph did Tien, but he hasn't cosplayed at all in years, so it's been a while since I've seen one. Probably why you can't find pics of cosplayers.

I think it's a great idea. go for it! We need more muscly men in costumes. *evil grin* I tend to think his Dragonball outfits in the tournaments looked better on him, but it does all depend on your aesthetic and your body. Enjoy it, it should be cool.

I've seen an interesting rise in DBZ costume interest and even fanart lately. Is the fandom like...coming back, or something?

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote