Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Dragonball Z

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-29-2009, 09:05 AM   #1291
Kayoshin
Life and human feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikoBura View Post
So, yesterday we went and I (as Bulma) was reconized a lot, but a LOT of people had trouble figuring out who my friend was (as Videl).
Sad how DragonBall Z is forgotten for so many

Me as Bulma;
http://bura.deviantart.com/art/Spot-...nBall-90823859

It was too big for this site, so I linked my DA photo.

My friend as Videl;
http://ssjbra-chan.deviantart.com/ar...splay-87674200
Aww your costumes are very pretty! ^_- Keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubaby View Post
I am having a seriously hard time deciding which Bulma outfit I want to do.... I know I don't want to d othe Namek one. IDK why I just don;t like that yellow jacket >_<

I like her Buu Saga dress the most, but I look kinda young so would it look weird? IDK. So yeah might do an earlier DBZ outfit instead.

BLECHHH... any thoughts???
In the Buu saga Bulma wears 2 dresses, the green one and the red one, so you can choose!
And what about a DB outfit? I think the Jasmine look a like one is very pretty! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Creeper View Post
I'm a HUUUUUUUGE DBZ nut and a DBZ cosplayer as well. Most of my cosplay ideas have come from Dragon Ball Z and I intend on continuing to make many more DBZ outfits. Why last year at IL's ACEN 2008, I organized a huge Dragon Ball Z photo shoot and we had a huge turn out! It was a blast (except I lost my cell phone during that very same photo shoot ) I went as Android 15 from DBZ Movie 7 and my friend went as Commander Red from Dragon ball.

I'm planning on taking my Android 15 cosplay to Anime Detour this year and Otakon as well. My next DBZ cosplay is gonna be a hard one: I'm planning to do final form Cooler from DBZ movie 5. Does anyone have any ideas how I would make that thick skull head mask thing he has?
Yeah man!!! DB-Z costumes for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm planning a lot more DB and DBZ (and maybe GT) costumes!!!!!!! *_*

Waaaaa android 15!!!!! And Commander Red!!!!!!! I'm wanna se pics!!! Please!!!
It's just a pity we live so far away because I'm planning with some friends an entire DB-Z-GT bad guys group for 2010 and I will be Zarbon! *_*
But I would also like to do android 17 and Colonel Violet! My dreams will be an android grupo together with androids 17 and 16 driving a pink van and an entire Red Ribbon army group! *_*
My next DBZ projects will be Celipa, Supreme Kai with a friend of mine as Gohan with the Z Sword dressed with kai outfit and a special group with other friends!
Kayoshin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-15-2009, 04:22 AM   #1292
skydragon119

yestrday i finisht sewing the gi (ssj1 teen gohan) now i nide to improved the cape
i reely can't belive my frist cosplay is allmost finisht
Unread 06-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #1293
Kungfufish
I'm a villain

what's up guys and girls
alright I've been wanting to do uub or majuub for awhile, possibly for AWA;
the problem is, if I buy a mohawk wig it won't match my skin tone, so any ideas?
Kungfufish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2009, 06:33 PM   #1294
MasterSwordette

hey all, random question here, i am planning a Vegeta, i'm rather short and of all people my Dad said i could probably pull it off XD (my Goku went well at my convention) and i'm wondering what materials are best for his saiyan armor? It's the namek saga armor i would like to do. I want to use spandex or something like that for the blue fabric part to the uniform and vinyl for the boots and gloves, or if anybody has any better suggestions could they please help me out ^_^ any advice would really help my cosplay so i don't make a silly mistake on it x.x'
MasterSwordette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2009, 12:29 AM   #1295
FE Freak
buys Arda Wig exclusively

Can't say there is a best material. I'm using twill for the armor, boots, and gloves. And, for the blue part, you can just buy a unitard.Scoop Neck Unitard. By the way, I may have just realized a way to make the raised designs...
FE Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2009, 11:49 AM   #1296
MasterSwordette

thanks very much for the suggestion, FE Freak that helps tons on everything. i'm going to start my Vegeta next month
MasterSwordette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #1297
AnimeFreakKatie

I think it's because dbz is an anime show that almost everyone knows about. Even if they are not real anime fans. They figure if they're going to cosplay then dbz is the easiest. Afterall, dbz's art is not all that great. but is still a great show!
AnimeFreakKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2009, 07:44 AM   #1298
Rubikins

I cant wait to cosplay as ss2 Gohan at MCM Expo this october, ive just gotta do the wig and get the contacts now ^^ ..... and if i have enough time and my sewing machine doesnt die on me, i may do ss4 Vegeta I already have the red fur x3
Rubikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2009, 02:21 PM   #1299
skydragon119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubikins View Post
I cant wait to cosplay as ss2 Gohan at MCM Expo this october, ive just gotta do the wig and get the contacts now ^^ ..... and if i have enough time and my sewing machine doesnt die on me, i may do ss4 Vegeta I already have the red fur x3
i also can't wait i am cosplay as ss1 teen gohan (cell saga) in August
just nide the wig and finising the cape I'm so excited
Unread 08-10-2009, 08:41 PM   #1300
FE Freak

My word, Saiyan Armor Trunks is such a labor of love. I couldn't find the perfect yellow I wanted for the sectionals,but it'll have to do.(Which I also am not too satisfied with.) I wish I could get the yellow sectionals to "puff out" like fhis-->Trunks Poster Buuuuut, some sewed on black lines will have to suffice for....now.>_> I'm putting on the white trim and will then be sewing in the black lines. Um, the straps suck right now, and it's just oh so tedious sewing on the black lines. Basically for the armor,it's just the straps, the trim,and sewing on the sectionals and that's that.As for everything else, it can be ordered. I am making the boot covers though, since I've figured away to get the fabric to conform to my boot and still have if stand up straight in the DBZ fashion.
Unread 08-12-2009, 08:38 AM   #1301
blackcat523
Rum is always the answer

At Otakon 2009 my group decided on a DBZ cosplay and went as the 4 Kai's (I was King Kai) and the repsonse was EPIC to say the least. We were only in the outfits for about 3 hrs (due to heat) and coudln't even walk 5 feet without someone asking for a photo. I had so much fun wearing King Kai that he has moved up on my list of favorite costumes to wear.

It's funny how many people don't know Anime, but when I show them the photo of my King Kai they always say "hey that from that cartoon Dragon ball?" Hey I know I should really correct them but at least they reconize the character.

2012 planned conventions: ACEN 2012
Others- Bristol Renaissance Faire- Kennosha WI, weekends Jul. 7 thru Labor day weekend

~ Even the professionals had to start out as beginners at one point~

~ooo seam ripper, I shall call him shiny and he shall be my friend~
blackcat523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2009, 12:56 AM   #1302
FE Freak

OOOOOK, I officially hate my vest. Top-stitching bias tape on my vest for the sectionals did not look as good as I thought it would. Same goes for the tape on the edges of the vest for the black lines. I'll just temp.stitch the tape and sew right next to it to get the black line effect instead. I'll try again with the stretch fabric,but not put any foam in there for the padded vest look. Maybe just the yellow parts. I'll probably be super anal and just use black piping.>_> Still waiting on the wig. My progress is trial and error,yay.
Unread 08-18-2009, 09:46 AM   #1303
king_kai
major dork

im currently working on a chiaotzu cosplay i cant seem to find any chiaoyzu cosplayers thuough?

Last edited by king_kai : 08-30-2009 at 11:06 AM.
king_kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2009, 10:03 AM   #1304
king_kai
major dork

anyone know where i would find the shoes that chiaotzu wears

srry for dble post

Last edited by king_kai : 08-30-2009 at 11:05 AM.
king_kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2009, 04:18 AM   #1305
Kayoshin
Life and human feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfufish View Post
what's up guys and girls
alright I've been wanting to do uub or majuub for awhile, possibly for AWA;
the problem is, if I buy a mohawk wig it won't match my skin tone, so any ideas?
Waaaaa Uub!!! I've never seen someone cosplaying him! Great!
For the mohawk u can use the method I made for my Kaioshin cosplay! I put on my head a latex bald cap, very very thin and natural. It was a professcional one (the ones used for theatrical and movie make up artists), then u glue it on your head with spirit gum (be careful to protect your hair from any athesive or glue!!!), cover the lids (professcionaly called step) with some prostethic and let it dry and then u glue the mohawk on your head covered with the bald cap. My mohawk has been made with pieces of foam rubber by a friend of mine who made it for me very kindly. ^___^
Kayoshin is offline   Reply With Quote