Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Unread 12-07-2007, 05:08 PM   #1
sleepyfantasy
Exactly.

Pein from Naruto

Ok, I'm having some issues with this costume. Well, sorta. I have no idea what to use for the piercings that will stick throughout the time I'm at the con. Don't want to have to continue fixing them all day/night XD Here's a ref pic

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...nDeidaraxD.png

Any suggestions? Thanks! ^^

ACEN 2012
Altair--Assassin's Creed
Hidan (cursed)-Naruto

AI 2012
Ratohnhaké:ton (Connor)--Assassin's Creed III

~~Psy
sleepyfantasy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-07-2007, 09:46 PM   #2
SailorAnime
Random Wanderer

You could sculpt them (out of sculpty or whatnot) then attach them with spirit gum.

Last edited by SailorAnime : 12-07-2007 at 09:46 PM. Reason: I type poorly.
SailorAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2007, 02:15 PM   #3
sleepyfantasy
Exactly.

Ah, completely forgot about spirit gum XD And...do you mean like, clay sculpty stuff or something else?

ACEN 2012
Altair--Assassin's Creed
Hidan (cursed)-Naruto

AI 2012

~~Psy
Unread 12-09-2007, 05:55 PM   #4
Skull Kid

Why not just take some Aluminum Foil and bend it to suit your face. By the way thats not the real Pein, there are more than one Pein due to the fact that his body alters. This is what th real Pein looks like

http://photobucket.com/mediadetail/?...page Offset=5
Akatsuki__Leader_PEIN_by_dannex009.jpg

Unless you have Auburn colored hair you need some sort of hair spray that comes off when you wash your hair. For the headband go to Ebay and they sell Rain headbands for $7 and make a scrach through it using a power too or something. the eyes...............I have no idea. Maybe if you either went to a contact lens place and ask them to customize them for you, or go to google and type in 9mm sfx contact lenses they should have something...but they are a bit pricey. Hope this helped and good loook with Pain/Pein

Last edited by Skull Kid : 12-09-2007 at 05:59 PM.
Skull Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2007, 07:43 PM   #5
Nekophiliac

For the piercings:

My brother cosplayed Pein at AWA this past September. For his piercings, we hunted down some round metallic beads and superglued them to his face. It worked pretty well, and he said it didn't hurt when we took them off, but I suppose that might depend on the strength of the glue you use. They stuck for most of the day, until he started going into the video games and getting really hot.

So as long as you're not going to be in places that will cause you to sweat, I suggest that. Just be sure it's clear super glue, as some of it has a bit of a yellow tinge to it.
Nekophiliac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2007, 08:38 PM   #6
Skull Kid

Yeah what Nekophiliac said...good call...are there pics of your brother as Pein?
Skull Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 12:00 PM   #7
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Yeah, spirit gum is the best, seriously, then just stick some metallic beads and things on it and it does wonders...

I actually wouldn't mind cosplaying the third form of Pein, the one with the long hair that is...
Unread 12-10-2007, 12:36 PM   #8
sleepyfantasy
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull Kid View Post
Why not just take some Aluminum Foil and bend it to suit your face. By the way thats not the real Pein, there are more than one Pein due to the fact that his body alters. This is what th real Pein looks like

http://photobucket.com/mediadetail/?...page Offset=5
Akatsuki__Leader_PEIN_by_dannex009.jpg

Unless you have Auburn colored hair you need some sort of hair spray that comes off when you wash your hair. For the headband go to Ebay and they sell Rain headbands for $7 and make a scrach through it using a power too or something. the eyes...............I have no idea. Maybe if you either went to a contact lens place and ask them to customize them for you, or go to google and type in 9mm sfx contact lenses they should have something...but they are a bit pricey. Hope this helped and good loook with Pain/Pein

Oh, I know...It's just that me making short hair = fail XD I've got a wig coming...sometime soon, so long as it doesn't get lost in the mail.

Much thanks for the tips, everyone! ^_^

ACEN 2012
Altair--Assassin's Creed
Hidan (cursed)-Naruto

AI 2012

~~Psy
Unread 02-07-2008, 05:04 AM   #9
Akatsuki Ichigo

where can you get spirit gum and metalic beads? I'm also cosplaying as Pain for Megacon comming up and I've been having trouble making the piercings
Akatsuki Ichigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2008, 12:26 PM   #10
gundammrw
3VIL Monkey!

I normally dont pitch in and help with peoples Pein problems since I feel its better to figure things out on your own, but I'll make an exception in this case. First off, yes go with spirit gum, but be sure you apply it correctly in order to get the piercings to stay in place all day without slipping (this is a tip from a Pein cosplayer). Second for the "beard" piercings, I'd hunt down some small round magnets. They're cheap and easy to find and will not require painting or any other work. For the nose piercing you can use two magnets and a thick guage wire on each side. This way the piercings will be cheap and replaceable but give the appearance needed.
gundammrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2010, 06:05 PM   #11
Mok_Speed

Question for all the Pein cosplayers who have tried this:

I'm planning on going with the magnetic studs route for the piercings below the lip. How annoying do the magnets get while in your mouth? I'm willing to put up with it if they will hold well.
Mok_Speed is offline   Reply With Quote