Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-12-2007, 11:20 PM   #1
ooitsgina

Covering eyebrows with Kryolan Aquacolor Foundation?

My boyfriend is cosplaying as Ulquiorra (from Bleach) for Katsucon 2008 and we are testing out different makeup techniques. I've heard that Kryolan Aquacolor Foundation works the best, but I have a few questions for anyone who has ever used it. How well does it cover your eyebrows? I will be using the Kryolan Aquacolor Vivid Foundation (TVWhite color). Is there something that I should put over the eyebrows in order to hide them since Ulquiorra doesn't really have any? Please help!

Friday // Nel Tu Oderschvank (Espada Ver.).....Bleach
Saturday // Yuuki Cross/Kuran (Longer hair ver. w/ Full Artemis).....Vampire Knight
Sunday // Flapjack.....The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack (heck yes! )
ooitsgina is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-13-2007, 12:25 AM   #2
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

You'd need to stick down the eyebrows to create a smooth surface first. Eyebrow wax is good; you can also use spirit gum although you'd need to powder it once it dries to get rid of the stickiness.

Frankly I'm not sure how well Aquacolor might work overtop of wax or spirit gum, as it goes on wet and may not stick to the waxy surface. You might have to use a cream makeup instead...but I'm not 100% sure.

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2007, 09:29 AM   #3
verdatum
Extremely registered user

As sarcasm-hime says, aquacolor, being water based can bead up over wax, and will not in itself coat eyebrows very well. I'd reccomend waxing down the eyebrows and then coloring them with creme makeup or greasepaint.
Unread 12-13-2007, 05:31 PM   #4
ooitsgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcasm-hime View Post
You'd need to stick down the eyebrows to create a smooth surface first. Eyebrow wax is good; you can also use spirit gum although you'd need to powder it once it dries to get rid of the stickiness.

Frankly I'm not sure how well Aquacolor might work overtop of wax or spirit gum, as it goes on wet and may not stick to the waxy surface. You might have to use a cream makeup instead...but I'm not 100% sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by verdatum View Post
As sarcasm-hime says, aquacolor, being water based can bead up over wax, and will not in itself coat eyebrows very well. I'd reccomend waxing down the eyebrows and then coloring them with creme makeup or greasepaint.
Thank you both very much for the tips and suggestions! I have a few questions, though. Where could I purchase eyebrow wax and/or spirit gum, and do I have to use a certain type of powder or just any kind?

Friday // Nel Tu Oderschvank (Espada Ver.).....Bleach
Saturday // Yuuki Cross/Kuran (Longer hair ver. w/ Full Artemis).....Vampire Knight
Sunday // Flapjack.....The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack (heck yes! )
ooitsgina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2007, 10:02 PM   #5
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Theatrical supply stores should sell both; spirit gum can often be found at any costume shop or place that sells Halloween stuff.

Any powder will do, really.

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote