Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 71 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-14-2007, 02:38 AM   #1
KwEeNofKoRn

Unhappy How to make Black eyebrows Blonde easily?

I have thick, coarse, black eyebrows and i need to make them blonde T_T what a pain in the ass.

ive tried...

powder cover up
liquid cover up
light liquid cover stick
light...[i dont know what it is, its not liquidish and its not powder] but its called a cover up stick

my options that i know of?...

bleach them
dye them
use that wax putty stuff [i have no clue what it is or what it does]

i really would not want to permanently make my eyebrows blonde as i have very dark brown hair and that would look so weird >_<

so can anyone help me out??? what are your suggestions???

Unread 12-14-2007, 12:28 PM   #2
Malicious

shave them off? i really don't know what you can do about it. there's atechnique where you cover your eyebrows in bee wax then you paint on this liquid to keep your eyebrow hairs glued onto your skin. then you just cover it up with foundation and powder. it'll make your eyebrows dissappear.
Unread 12-14-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
Cats10
Arrrrrrrr

Just a note but you don't want them Blond blond, even natural bonds usually have a medium brown for their eyebrows (My sister is blond)

Okay now by Thick do you mean you have..urm.. large eyebrows?

Because if you do you could go to a salon and get them waxed so they are thinner in size and less noticeable against your wig (Assuming you are wearing a blond wig)

Another way to lighten them would be to get some clear mascara, put it on your eyebrows and while it's still wet dust on some light brown, Or just using a very light brown mascara on them.

Really that's all I can think of other then going to a salon and getting them to bleach them.
Cats10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2007, 02:04 PM   #4
cmkcubed
kikelgire fo sho

I recently lightened my eyebrows with face bleach and it worked perfectly ^^

I just put it on for 8 minutes and kept my head tilted back, then wiped most of it off with a cotton ball then rinsed the rest, making sure none of the water got near my eyeballs. It looked very natural with my blonde wig. But do remember not to make them too blonde, just a light/medium brown
Balsa [Seirei no Moribito]

Cons for 08: Animazement, Otakon, AUSA (game room staff XD) | Myspace
cmkcubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2007, 02:55 AM   #5
KwEeNofKoRn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats10 View Post
Just a note but you don't want them Blond blond, even natural bonds usually have a medium brown for their eyebrows (My sister is blond)

Okay now by Thick do you mean you have..urm.. large eyebrows?

Because if you do you could go to a salon and get them waxed so they are thinner in size and less noticeable against your wig (Assuming you are wearing a blond wig)

Another way to lighten them would be to get some clear mascara, put it on your eyebrows and while it's still wet dust on some light brown, Or just using a very light brown mascara on them.

Really that's all I can think of other then going to a salon and getting them to bleach them.
well ill tell you one thing, if i didnt get them waxed twice a month they would look like Rock Lee's! xD so no, they arnt thick in that manner. they are shaped very well but are just thick and coarse.

and yea, i know that they shouldnt be as blonde as the hair is. im just looking for something medium blonde.

i actually tried that clear mascara thing and then putting some powder on but it came off even when it was dried.

i think i may get some blonde eyebrow mascara. i found some online and it looks like it may help.
Unread 12-15-2007, 02:57 AM   #6
KwEeNofKoRn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmkcubed View Post
I recently lightened my eyebrows with face bleach and it worked perfectly ^^

I just put it on for 8 minutes and kept my head tilted back, then wiped most of it off with a cotton ball then rinsed the rest, making sure none of the water got near my eyeballs. It looked very natural with my blonde wig. But do remember not to make them too blonde, just a light/medium brown
yes i was thinking about bleaching them but once im back to normal ill have very dark brown hair and very light eyebrows and bleach doesnt fade. so that will look VERY odd.

did yours fade? and if so, how long did it take before they were back to normal?
Unread 03-13-2008, 10:54 AM   #7
ros1908
Patriot of all Geekdom

KwEeNofKoRn: I know this might be a little late, but I bleached my eyebrows for a Luna Lovegood costume and after the con was over, I would color them in with my regular eyebrow pencil, then brush them with brownish black mascara. I did that every morning and no one could tell the difference. It took about 2 months for all the blonde hairs to fall out as they do naturally. Hope this is helpful!

2012 Costumes:

Rogue Hawke :: Dragon Age 2::
Sgt Tamora Jean Calhoun :: Wreck-it Ralph ::
Rosie Cotton :: LotR ::
ros1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2008, 11:58 AM   #8
Konoha_ANBU
Konoha's fearsome Chibi

OK, first of all... Using a pencil on your brows til they grow back is a good idea. Second, eyebrows grow really fast and it probably wouldn't take long for your natural ones to grow back.

My question... I have thick, dark brown brows.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...king/Brows.jpg
But, I like having orange hair. (Don't ask. I just like it)
My issue with it, is me having brows that look bad with it. I also need a way to make my brows a more blondish color on a daily basis.
I would just bleach them, but it's dangerous to do it yourself, and I can't afford to get it done every week. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Konoha_ANBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2008, 08:30 PM   #9
wiltingflower
Nayru's Love

Forget bleaching, get yourself some blonde hair mascara. I've found it at Sally's in the hairdye section, marketed as a grey coverup stick or a hair highlighter. It should look just like a tube of mascara, only in hair colors. I have dark brown eyebrows and blonde hair mascara covers them up very well. I have to put a few coats of it on, but once it's on, it covers and doesn't rub off.
wiltingflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2008, 10:03 PM   #10
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Welcome to my world.
I have blond eyebrows and eyes lashed with Auburn hair. When you bleach your eyebrows you donít have to bleach them blonde.

http://www.sallyhansen.com/product.cfm?product=118
Iíve used this product to stripe what little colour I had in my eyebrows completely instead of shaving them one time. If you just want to light them a bit you donít want to leave the cream on for the full 8 minutes maybe 2 at the most if you have fine hair.

The hair mascara works really well to for changing the colour without any issue.

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia), Otakuthon(maybe), FanEXPO
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 03-27-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2008, 01:25 AM   #11
Konoha_ANBU
Konoha's fearsome Chibi

The hair mascara... Could any of you lovely ladies out there post a pic of your eyebrows, with the mascara on one brow? That would be sweet. I'm major, big time broke to the maximus. So I'd like to see it before I go buy it. So if any of you have some lying around...
Pweeze and tank you!
Konoha_ANBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2008, 07:39 PM   #12
aliceinbox
starvin cosplayer T_T

could some one please post a picture of the hair mascara? 0.0

i have the same problem and every time i try a blond wig my eyebrow sticks out like a sore thumb, but i'm unsure about bleach because my hair is black and once the wig is off my eyebrow would stick out like a sore thumb again =.=
Unread 03-26-2008, 01:48 AM   #13
wpuzzle
Dreamer Scientist~

I would post a picture of me with mascara'd eyebrows, but at the same time, hair mascara hasn't quite worked as well as I wanted it to on my eyebrows, so pictures wouldn't help too much. I needed to have my eyebrows blonde for Amane Misa and Fai Flourite cosplays, and I bought myself a brown hair mascara (because eyebrows tend to be a shade or two darker than hair color)- didn't quite work. Now I'm gonna try and buy a blonde hair mascara (instead of brown), which might help me achieve the brown eyebrows look.

I think it's good to experiment for yourself if you have the money. Hair mascara at your local beauty store shouldn't cost too much- I got mine for $3-$5 each.
wpuzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2008, 06:05 AM   #14
virus=[1.6k]
Click To Download Love =D

i dyed my eye brows pink once and then i stopped dyeing them coz i was lazy and the white colour just rejected and they turned back to there natrual colour after 2 weeks ???i dunno it mite happen
virus=[1.6k] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 12:18 PM   #15
cmkcubed
kikelgire fo sho

I have very dark eyebrows and I bought that hair mascara they are talking about and it did nothing to my eyebrows. That's why I ended up bleaching mine.

After the con I just dyed them the color I was dying my hair. Though I had quite red eyebrows for a while, lol. I would say it took maybe like 3 weeks for them to grow back to normal.

I still have that stuff lying around so I'll post pics tomorrow of the mascara on one eyebrow just so you can see
Balsa [Seirei no Moribito]

Cons for 08: Animazement, Otakon, AUSA (game room staff XD) | Myspace
cmkcubed is offline   Reply With Quote