Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 12-16-2007, 11:43 AM   #1
davidtourniquet

Lust makeup

I think I may do lust from full metal alchemist as a crossplay for the uk cons next year.
Any idea for makeup for lust though, looks pale, black lips, black eyeliner, mascara. Not sure about eyeshadow though.

any ideas?

thanks
David
davidtourniquet is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-16-2007, 04:19 PM   #2
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

Well, you kind of said it yourself there. Pale foundation, black lipstick, black eyeliner, and mascara. Having answered your own question, what else did you want to know?
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2007, 04:45 PM   #3
davidtourniquet

it was more about any other makeup i should be aware of like eyeshadow for example.
Unread 12-16-2007, 04:53 PM   #4
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

You should indeed be aware of eyeshadow. As to whether you'd like to use it for Lust, I suppose it's a toss-up. I've seen it both ways.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2007, 09:12 PM   #5
Digitallica
kendraphoto.com

I recommend using a purple of dark purple for the lips, not black. Black never looks good on anyone.

Main things for Lust make-up:
Long dark lashes, to try to make your eyes look longer.
Contacts help, purple if possible.
Dark purple lip-stick.
PALE foundations. She is a ghost.
Eyeliner.

Pretty much it. ^^

Digitallica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2007, 01:12 PM   #6
KurzesHaar
Nemo nisi mors

Agreed - black lipstick looks awful on most people. However, if you do decide to use black lipstick, make sure to apply a clear lipgloss over the lipstick. The gloss will help moisturize your lips and keep the color on without getting the dry, sometimes cracked black lipstick look that is all too common.

For the pale skin, a pale foundation would work, but don't go for the white-faced look. Either get the palest color foundation for the brand you choose (usually named ivory, porcelain, or porcelain ivory or somesuch) and just use that as an all-over color. Or you can also get a white foundation and then mix a normal, pale foundation with the white for added paleness. (Personally, I don't think any white foundation is necessary). If you have any questions concerning choosing a foundation, feel free to PM me =)
Unread 12-27-2007, 10:08 AM   #7
Suzaku7NoMiko

I havent been on the site for a while - but noticed your question - -i saw a cosplayer who did Lust, used the 'Mehron' brand of face makeup in a color called "TV white" - i have it myself and its a great pale shade. you can find mehron products at www.stageandtheatermakeup.com
:-)

Visit me (AzureDragon) at:
www.lijedicom / www.newyorkjedi.com
Suzaku7NoMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2007, 12:17 PM   #8
davidtourniquet

Any idea how to do the tattoo that she has at the top of her chest and what kind of wig should I have?
Unread 06-11-2008, 07:28 PM   #9
JLightning_Wolf

For a friend of mine we did the tattoo in red lip liner. It stayed on all day at a con and didn't smear at all. Finding the right color red is difficult so go to a store with a large stock of choices. For applying the tattoo. make a stencil ahead of time. We used a buckram scrap for the stencil but any stiff material should work. Trace out the tattoo and cut it out with a craft knife. For the eye of the Oroborus, you'll just have to be careful to leave a blank spot in the proper area. Really its best to have someone else (preferably a person with artistic talent) apply the tattoo. Once its drawn on pull away the stencil and clean up the edges. For wigs, its a dang toss up. We got lucky with a beautiful wig on ebay. Don't, please please don't, buy a cheap wig. Medium price will generally work well so long as its the proper style. As to the rest of your make up questions, I definitely agree on the lipstick point. Go with a dark, dark purple. It will turn out much better in photos. Don't overplay your top lip since Lust's lips are all bottom. With eyeliner I recommend you search for a villainess' style of makeup because it takes a certain touch for the eyes to match hers well.
JLightning_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote