Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 12-17-2007, 11:11 PM   #1
icerydragon
... no comment.

Misa Wig

I'm planning on cosplaying Misa Amane from Death Note for Anime Boston and I think other than accessories, the only thing that I'm missing would be the wig. I could just go as the live-action version of her as she does have black hair, but... I think if I did that, I'd look like some random GL girl. XP

I've been looking around for wigs and I've narrowed down to two wigs from Amphigory:
Sindi wig
Alicia wig

I'm not really sure which one would work better since I've never bought (or even worn a wig) before, so it's been giving me trouble. Even if I can get it down to the wig that I'm going to buy... The other problem would be the color of the wig. I was thinking of getting the Afterglow #24B (in either wig style), since it's more of a natural blonde color, instead of going for a lighter shade or even a more yellow shade.

Any suggestions?

AnimeNext: 6/18-6/20
Ichigo (Katamari) [100%]
Team Rocket Grunt (Pokemon) [100%]

New York Anime Festival: 10/8-10/10
== Will be debuting in Artist Alley!! (will update once I find out the booth number)==
Haven't figured out my cosplays for this con, but possible ones:
Team Rocket Grunt (Pokemon) [100%]
Soi Fong (Bleach) [100%]
Lenalee Lee (D.Gray Man) - Wa-Loli outfit [90%]
(need to fix extensions)
icerydragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-18-2007, 07:12 PM   #2
Ginny
Bad Wolf
Special Agent

The alicia is actually cheaper at cosworx
http://cosworx.com/product.php?produ...7&cat=0&page=1
I would actually use an Ivy and style it if you wanted it perfect.

Misa's hair color is all up to interpretation, sometimes it looks very blonde, other times it looks yellowish. So it just depends which artwork you want to go by.

I always assumed her hair was more of an orange-ish blonde because that's the color you would get from bleaching naturally black hair.

Unread 12-18-2007, 07:49 PM   #3
SillySirinda
คิด&#36

if it was between those two i would go with the sindi one, I think it looks more accurate. her hair doesn't seem as long as the alicia one. the colour you picked seems accurate enough for the anime, but if you wanted it realistic it would probably be orangish blonde, cus she would have bleached her hair.

like Ginny said, it's all up to interpretation ^^
SillySirinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2007, 02:45 AM   #4
Miyabi-
All Will Be Well

I used an Alicia wig in 24B-Butterscotch Blonde for my Rosette AND Misa wig. (pic in my gallery) It's a golden blonde with lighter blonde highlights. I get compliments on it all the time and people always ask me if it's my real hair when I wear it for Misa or Rosette. ^_^
Miyabi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2007, 01:02 PM   #5
Devi 1313
Good girls gather

I use the Alicia in I think 24A, afternoon delight. It's a tad on the wavy side and the bangs are looong (look in the progress folder in my gallery for before pics). The cap was a bit big too, but then again, I'm pretty petite (hats don't fit well either). overall it's a good wig. The other wig looks good too, but maybe a tad short. Misa's hair tends to be either just below her shoulders or about to her mid-back.
Devi 1313 is offline   Reply With Quote