Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 12-20-2007, 08:47 PM   #1
Aretimis
Musical Diva

Gothic and lolita bible coming to the U.S

So today I was looking at the avant gauche lj and it seems the G&l bible is coming out febuary 12th
http://avant-gauche.livejournal.com/
i was also wondering if there was anymore info on this that anyone knows of?
theres not alot of info on it on lj
Aretimis is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-20-2007, 08:58 PM   #2
miyavilover666

XDDDDDDDDDD
That HAS to be one of the greatest things that has ever happend in my life.
SOOOOOO EXCITED
Tuxedo Mask- Sailor Moon 45% done
Kaworu- Evengelion 90% done
Dr. Stein- Soul Eater 49% done
Secret Cosplay- Something Secrety (lol) 25% done
Hime- Princess Resurrection 75% done
I was featured on Otaku House Representing America, check me out here!
miyavilover666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2007, 09:13 PM   #3
Kaimana Scarlet
I needz frills moar

Im not so exited about it, mostly because i heard that their articles are poorly researched and they are aiming more at the anime and manga fans than the actual lolita society. Also, they said that there was a subcategory called "kinderwhore" (wtf?) and i have never heard of that before in my life.

link to the article thing:

http://community.livejournal.com/egl...566#t185036566
Halloween skirt: 50%
BlackxWhite Lolita w/ parasol: 100%

Last edited by Kaimana Scarlet : 01-01-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Kaimana Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2007, 09:20 PM   #4
miyavilover666

That is stupid why dont they just translate it. Like they said it would be TRANSLATED not a new magazine
Unread 12-20-2007, 09:37 PM   #5
Ringo_Tan
It Came From Outer Space!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyavilover666 View Post
That is stupid why dont they just translate it. Like they said it would be TRANSLATED not a new magazine
Wouldn't that take awhile? Even the english Newtype is different. I think magazines are harder to translate, than say, a manga, because magazines go out of date...
Unread 12-21-2007, 07:44 AM   #6
Petiteprincess1
More Frills then a Couch

I wish tokyo pop never did this because it's going to be directed more to anime fans then to lolita's. (I am not saying anime fans are bad so don't get offened, I like anime too) I hate tokyopop lolita came around in the 70's not the not 80's. Maybe they should do more research before they put out a magzine. "ACCORDING TO GOD... I mean TOKYOPOP YOU CAN JUST SLAP ON A FLANNEL SWEATER AND SOMETHING "COOL AND MYSTERIOUS" AND YOU WILL BE SO RORI THAT ANGELS WILL WEEP" said Someone on egl
All though there was some promising content

Last edited by Petiteprincess1 : 12-21-2007 at 11:45 AM.
Petiteprincess1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2007, 10:33 AM   #7
Enk
Keeper of the Ninja Elf

how about everyone just waits for the first volume and THEN decides whether it is great or not great. From what I am reading, it will have both Japanese content and original North American content. Until it is out, you won't know if it is good or bad.
Unread 12-21-2007, 11:06 AM   #8
Petiteprincess1
More Frills then a Couch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enk View Post
how about everyone just waits for the first volume and THEN decides whether it is great or not great. From what I am reading, it will have both Japanese content and original North American content. Until it is out, you won't know if it is good or bad.
How about I read the preview content for the issues and some looked promising while some looked like crap. I am sorry I don't like being called a kinderwhore. So I am sharing my opinion of it.

Last edited by Petiteprincess1 : 12-21-2007 at 11:12 AM.
Unread 12-21-2007, 11:08 AM   #9
Seed-chan
{ S I N N E R }

I agree with Enk. Also you have to keep in mind that G&L Bible is much like a catalogue of things available from certain Japanese brands during a certain season in which:
1) These brands don't exist in North America, and it's not far for most people to be able to see these items but not able to get them;
and 2) The seasons have already passed (even if they only translate the most recent volume, by that time it'll have already passed in Japan) making it EVEN HARDER to get limited ed items.

I'm sure it'll be decent for new people interested in this fashion though.... and thats the entire point right? You have to remember that the actual amount of serious lolita people in North America isn't very large....

To Petiteprincess1 - Honestly, if you (and most likely many other people in egl) have read the preview and don't like it, contact the editor instead of publicly burning it. That's the point of previews right? To show you what's to come and to get input to improve the actual finished product.

"Never trust anyone."

Last edited by Seed-chan : 12-21-2007 at 11:12 AM.
Seed-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2007, 11:24 AM   #10
Petiteprincess1
More Frills then a Couch

I know Kathrine's email and have already contacted her. I said some was promsing and some was crap. Read my comment I did not completely burn it.

Last edited by Petiteprincess1 : 12-21-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Unread 12-21-2007, 12:26 PM   #11
Clueless Case
unce unce unce!

I am scared too. they wrote down some stuff me and my friends were talking about lolita. I am probably gonna be in their 2nd issue when they cover PMX. I am probably be quoted out of context. just watch...

Taking Wig Commissions
Clueless Case is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2007, 12:38 PM   #12
Petiteprincess1
More Frills then a Couch

Oh no thats terriable. I am glad someone else is scared too.
Unread 12-21-2007, 01:51 PM   #13
miyavilover666

I have read even more on it and tons of people are upset about it. They said that they are whoring themselves out for any and all advertismanets T-T Mana sama should stop this nonesence
Unread 12-21-2007, 07:03 PM   #14
lady_artemis
Awesome and PINK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seed-chan View Post
I agree with Enk. Also you have to keep in mind that G&L Bible is much like a catalogue of things available from certain Japanese brands during a certain season in which:
1) These brands don't exist in North America, and it's not far for most people to be able to see these items but not able to get them;
and 2) The seasons have already passed (even if they only translate the most recent volume, by that time it'll have already passed in Japan) making it EVEN HARDER to get limited ed items.

I'm sure it'll be decent for new people interested in this fashion though.... and thats the entire point right? You have to remember that the actual amount of serious lolita people in North America isn't very large....

To Petiteprincess1 - Honestly, if you (and most likely many other people in egl) have read the preview and don't like it, contact the editor instead of publicly burning it. That's the point of previews right? To show you what's to come and to get input to improve the actual finished product.
Well, I don't want to come off as a kinderwhore, but its free speech and we can complain about it all we want. I have, as well any many other people, written a letter to the editors and such so you can't complain about us not doing that. I know many lolis take it personally, but if this woman that wrote the article says that there are “experts…in the field of Gothic Lolita”, then why weren't any advising her on, oh, say...WHAT LOLITA IS! I'm sorry, I'm not pissed at you. The article just read perturbed me.

I agree with Petiteprincess1 all the way. Also, there are some articles that aren't on the current fashion but on etiquette, etc. If these articles are translated then that'd be fine. It'd be nice to get the original content of the Japanese magazine. I not just another anime fan, I'm a lolita enthusiasts and if you think that gothic = goth loli, which is what many outsiders think, then they are sadly mistaken and its so frustrating when you advocate "lolita is bell dress, petticoat, etc." and then an American magazine contradicts you and teaches anime fans to be "oh so cute American girl dolls....do whatever your heart desires, you’re a cool and mysterious princess ^^~~<3", then they take that as law and develop their own style which they call “loli”. Its so ugh... >.< manga companies are so annoying sometimes! (luckily ShojoBeat got better! YAY!)
lady_artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2007, 08:28 PM   #15
Chibi-Dreamer

Tokyopop is accepting photo submissions.
Chibi-Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote